chapter 85

I jump up. "Ondre, come with me quickly, please" I press out before I storm out of the tent with quick steps and drop onto one of the benches. "Baby, what's wrong?" Ondre drops next to me. "The guy who just came in, that's Adam" "your ex Adam?" I nod. "I still thought he looked familiar somehow" "Ondre, I don't want to and I can't spend the whole evening with him. He's going to ruin the wedding" "Does your father know what Adam did to you or to us?" I shake my head. "Well, then I'm going to tell him now and you stay here, I'm sending Addison or your brothers out to you" I nod. "Thanks. I love you" Ondre smiles at me briefly. "I love you, too"

Addison comes to me shortly after and takes me in her arms. "This day just sucks. I should have stayed in LA" I sigh. "It can only get better" Addison tries to comfort me. I have to laugh. "Probably can" I lean against her while she starts stroking my back.

At some point we hear loud voices and Adam storms out of the tent in a rage. When he discovers us, he approaches us aggressively. "Are you seriously having me thrown out of the wedding?" He builds up in front of me. First I shrink back a bit, but then I summon up all my courage and stand up to him. "Yes, because a scum like you shouldn't be at my father's wedding" "come on, don't act like I'm the bad guy now! We both know that you're not with your boyfriend out of love" "I don't know if that doesn't want to get into your head, but I love Ondre, so leave me alone and get over the fact that I'm over you" I stare into his eyes. Pure hatred is felt between us. "I know you, Abby. We were together for four years. You do not love him" he grabs me by the wrist.

"Let her go" a voice comes from next to us, but Adam does not respond. "I told you to let go of my girlfriend" Adam is pushed a little to one side, which almost makes me fall as he pulls my wrist with him, but at the last moment two arms hold me from behind. Adam growls and lets go of my wrist to attack his attacker, Ondre. Addison, who is still holding me tight, takes a sharp breath of air as Adam raises his fist to strike Ondre. Ondre, however, dodges the blow. When Adam tries to hit him again, he is stopped by Christian. "Go away or my father will call the police" Christian dominates Adam before he pushes him away.

Adam runs away a bit and turns around once more. "Don't think you can come to me when this loser is over, Abby. We' re done now" he sparkles at me angrily."We have been for a long time, Adam" I call after him.

"Did something happen to you?" I go to Ondre and I take his face in my hands to see if he has been hurt in any way. He shakes his head, sighs and pulls me into his arms. "Nothing happened to me. It's over" he presses a kiss on my hair. I press myself against him and tank up new strength.

"Thank you, you saved me" as we let go, Ondre turns to Christian, while Addison, standing next to him, pulls me into her arms. "You're welcome. After all you defended my sister" the two clap each other off before we all head back towards the tent.

"Abigail, are you okay?" My father comes to me worried. "I'm fine, Dad. Ondre saved me" I smile at Ondre who holds my hand "I'm sorry. If I'd known what Adam did to you, I never would've invited him. I thought you were still friends" "you could not have known" I smile at my father. "Luckily everything turned out okay, and now..." he turns to Ondre. "...over a drink at the bar, why don't you tell me how you saved my daughter? You don't mind if I steal him for a moment, do you?" I nod and give Ondre a kiss on the cheek before he leaves for the bar with my father.

Christian joins me. "Are you really okay?" I nod. "It's exhausting, but I'm holding on, don't worry" I smile at him. "Well, can I ask you something then?" I nod. "Will you tell me what happened between you and Adam?" I sigh, but nod. "Not here, let's go back out on the benches" Christian nods and follows me out of the tent.

Thx for 73k reads
LOVE YOUUUU ❤️