chapter 39

"Maybe we should just take it one step at a time" Ondre gets in between the guys. "Come here. First thing you do is jump into my arms as normal" he waves me over. Confused, I do what he tells me and stand in front of him. "Okay, on three, you just jump into my arms, okay?" I nod. "One, two, three" I jump and cling my legs to Ondre, who supports me with his arms "See, that wasn't so bad, was it?" He smiles at me. I shake my head. "Shall we try the same thing with a running start?" I nod.

Ondre counts to three again and I take a running jump into his arms just like before. Addison cheers. "You jumped" I sigh. "It's nice how you're all happy, but that's not the jump I should be able to make" "now don't always discourage yourself so quickly. We'll practice this easy jump a few more times before we see if we can do the right one, okay?" Ondre puts his encouraging hand to my cheek. I nod.

After we have repeated the jump many times, I take a deep breath. "Okay, now let's try the right one, okay?" Ondre nods. "Ready when you are" I nod and think about how to land. The jump is not much different than the other one. Only now I have to bring one of my legs over Ondre's shoulder while I clasp the other one around his hip as I have done so far.

When Ondre counts in, I just start running. The world around me disappears and when I am out of my illusory world again, I hear the others cheering. Only now do I notice that I have landed perfectly on Ondre's shoulder. Ondre puts me down and spins me around. "You did it, Abby" he hugs me. Addison comes running, too. "You got over your fear" she proudly embraces me. I can't get out of the smiling face.

We practice it a few more times and even though my heart stops short with every little wiggle, I calm down as soon as I feel Tony's or David's hands supporting me. We even manage the last jump without any support at all. David, Tony and Addison say goodbye when Ondre and I decide to stop and both go to shower in separate cabins.

In Ondre's car, we decide to spend lunch together in the city. After we had lunch I buy some things to decorate my room and some clothes. Ondre is so kind and carries my bags. I am in a clothes shop while Ondre is next door getting us something to drink, when suddenly a girl approaches me. "You're Abby, right?" Confused, I nod. "Can I take a picture with you?" Astonished, I look at the girl. She's a fan? "Yeah, sure" a little surprised but proud I pose for a picture. "Thank you" the girl smiles at me. "No problem. You're welcome." I hug her.

A few minutes later I meet Ondre in front of the store and my face is all smiles. "What happened to you?" Ondre looks at me with amusement. "I just met a fan" I say proudly. Ondre laughs. "Congratulations. Let's get out of here before they see us together" he winks at me and we walk back to the car.

Without further ado we drive to a furniture market. " I need a nice shelf," I go to the store, but the search for shelves is not going to work for a while, as Ondre and I test every bed that looks comfortable. Sighing, I let myself fall into a double bed. "I'll buy one of those some day when I have my own house." "You want a house?" Ondre falls beside me. I nod. "I'd like one that I could completely renovate and rebuild.  I'd like that" "and what do you want with the house?" "Well, I want to live there with my family. A big garden where the children play at lunch and guests come for a barbecue in the evening. Big, bright rooms that just make you happy..." I sigh when I see those pictures inside my mind. "And I hope you'll include me as your husband." Ondre smiles at me. I nod. "Do you want to have kids?" Ondre shuts up for a second. "Actually no, but since I met you I can kind of picture it" he smiles at me.

Thxx for 16k reads
Love youuuu❤️