chapter 22

I talk to them for over half an hour before I hang up. When I go to Instagram, I see it's worse than I thought. My Instagram explodes with tags on pictures or edits of Ondre and me. Sighing, I look at some of them. On every picture I laugh. The time in LA was just so carefree, so happy. I miss it, especially since my mother will be home soon. Lost in thought, I accidentally like one of the edits. Well, it's not so bad, I guess.

I connect my cell phone to my jukebox and decide to pack the first things into the boxes. The things are sorted out. Things I want to take with me, into one box, the rest into a bin. With some things it is not easy for me to throw the things away. I pick up the picture frame from the shelf. The picture shows Addison, Adam, Aaron and me on the first day of our senior year. Aaron is Addison's ex-boyfriend and was also best friends with Adam, my ex. Sighing, I put the picture in the box for discarded things. Also the little teddy bear that Adam gave me follows in the box. After more than an hour I have emptied my shelf. Next I take my other shelf.

I go downstairs for dinner. In the meantime my three shelves are empty and I decide to continue with my wardrobe tomorrow. My mother is sitting at the kitchen table. "Oh, do I get to see you too?" She looks up at me as I'm making a sandwich. "I've been busy cleaning rooms. Sorry" "at least you did something decent" I smile at her slightly. "your father gets back from his business trip today" "really?" she nods. "That's finally some good news" I leave the kitchen with my meal and sit on my bed.

I go to Insta and see that I was wrong before. Many fanpages have seen my Like as confirmation of the rumors and now post this. I quickly write Ondre. "Accidentally liked an edit. Sorry, didn't want to cause more tea" he replies that it's no problem. Suddenly my cell phone rings. Excited, I take my father's call.

"Abby Sanders, hello?" "Hello, darling." I hear my father's voice. "Dad! How was the trip?" "Great! Your brother is a great businessman" "I'm glad! Say hello to Simon for me" "I will. How's it back home? "It's okay... Dad, did you read my message?" I can hear my dad sighing. "You want to move out?" "yeah dad, i don't want to stay with mom" i audibly swallow "Listen, Abigail, your mother and I have talked it over...and we have decided that it's best for you to stay with your mother. Simon and I will be away a lot and you'll be alone a lot" for me a world is falling apart. "Simon can move in with you, but not me?" Tears come to my eyes. "I'm sorry, sweetheart, but your mother and I have decided" "OK, bye" I hang up and drop down on the bed.

I just lie there for over ten minutes staring at my blanket, when suddenly the rage grips me. With tears in my eyes I run to my mother in the kitchen. "I hate you! I really hate you! Why do you have to do this to me? Why?" I yell at her. "Abigail, don't talk to me like that!" "I'll talk any way I want! Long enough you have dictated how I should be! I'm not doing this anymore! I'm not going to take this anymore! I know I'm not the perfect daughter, I know, but I never will be! You always find something wrong with me. You're never satisfied with what I do, but I don't care. From now on I'll do my own thing" "abigail, I don't know what's gotten into you" "My problem is that you and daddy just decided that I'm staying with you. Nobody asked me for my opinion. But I'm not staying here! I'm moving! I'm moving to LA" I turn around. "We'll see what you do" my mother calls after me. I slam my door, lock it and throw myself on the bed crying

||Ondres POV:
I'm sitting on the couch with the others when my phone rings. Abby... "sorry, guys, I gotta take this." I get up. "Bet it's Abby?" Tony yells after me laughing. I give him my middle finger before I take the call and go out onto the terrace. "hey Abby, isn't it a bit early for our daily phone calls?" I'm smiling when suddenly Abby's face shows up. Her eyes are red, so is her cheek, and she just looks all messed up. "Sorry, am I interrupting?" She mumbles. "No, oh, God, you're not interrupting. What happened?" "I'm moving to LA" it takes me a moment to realize what this means "He said no?" She nods and tears run down her cheek "Oh, Abby, I'm so sorry... I don't know what to say" seeing her down like that really hurts, even though I'm a little excited she's coming back to LA. "My parents think it's best for me to stay with my mom...but I just yelled in my mom's face that I'm moving out" she sobs "Abby, I'm so sorry, really...I just wish I could take you in my arms right now" "it's all right, I'll get better. Well, at least I'll have Addison and you back with me when I get to L.A. I miss you both" "we miss you, too. Do you know when you're gonna move?" Abby's shaking her head. "as soon as possible" "understandable. Should I ask Tayler tomorrow what time you might be moving in?" "That would be nice" I nod "no problem. If there's anything else I can do to help,just tell me," " " You' re helping me just by being there for me." " Of course I am. You know you can always get in touch?" "Yes, thank you. But I'm hanging up now... I still want to tell Addison" "do that" I smile at her. "We'll talk" "of course. Bye" I hang up.

shaking my head, I sit back down on the couch. "So how was your phone call with Abby?" Thomas laughs as he waggles his eyebrows. "She's moving here" I say softly. "Aren't you happy about that?" Nick looks at me confused. "Yes, I am happy, but I wish it were for another reason" I sigh. But everyone just looks at me more confused. "Oh, you can't understand" I shrug my shoulders.

Thx for 5k reads
Love youuu❤️