chapter 25

When I call Ondre in the evening, I have made a decision."Hey, is the offer to come to Las Vegas still open?"  I sigh. "Sure, why?" "Because I can't stand it any longer at home and want to leave as soon as possible" "you're welcome any time, what happened?" Sighing, I tell him about my mother and me. "I'm sorry about that, Abby." "Oh, no problem. I should be used to it" I shrug my shoulders. "When are you coming?" "I don't know, best I go tomorrow when my mom's away and my brother's at school. I ask Sheri to drive me to the airport and then I have to catch a flight, so I can't tell you until tomorrow"

For over three hours Ondre just tries to distract me. When we finally hang up, it's already after three. I get up and put back the box that my mother emptied out. Then I take out my suitcase from under my bed and pack clothes. It's after five in the meantime. Until my mother finally leaves the house at eight, I am on Tiktok.

Since I am alone in the house, I go into the bathroom, pack the stuff I will need in Las Vegas and throw the rest in one of the boxes. When I think I have everything, I grab my cell phone, ID and my suitcase and bag, lock my room door and order an uber.

"Abby, what are you doing here? Is everything okay?" Sheri opens the door in surprise. Her eyes are on my suitcase. "You wanna stay here for a few days?" I shake my head. "I was wondering if you could drive me to the airport. I'm visiting friends" "uh... of course, sweetie. I'll just get my keys" she walks away from the door.

"Thanks for driving" I hug Sheri outside the airport. "No problem, when's your flight?" She smiles at me."I don't know.  I still have to book it" "should I stay here?" I shake my head. "You've helped me enough already. Go home, your boys need you" she nods and hugs me again. "Enjoy it" "I will" I smile at her and then pull my suitcase behind me.

The next flight is unfortunately not until 2 and I have to make a stopover. "If all goes well, I'll be in Las Vegas at 7:00. Will you pick me up at the airport?" I write to Ondre. "Sure, I'll be there. Happy to see you again" I have to smile.

||Ondre's sight:
Excitedly I wait in the reception area of the airport. I'm finally gonna see Abby again. Her flight has been delayed for half an hour due to problems after the stop. Her flight is called out and occasionally people come out of the sliding door. Nervously I tug at my sweater before I suddenly hear a soft "hey".  I look up and I recognize Abby. She wears leggings and a  hoodie with the hood pulled up. "Hey, glad you're here" I spread my arms and she swoops in. Sighing, I press her against me. "I missed you" I whisper in her ear.

Tony, who drove here because my car is in LA and I'm not allowed to drive his Tesla, is waiting in the parking lot. When he sees us coming, he gets out. I put Abby's suitcase and bag in the car while Tony hugs Abby. Except that she has problems with her family, Tony doesn't really know why Abby is here, but he was satisfied with the information. My mother immediately agreed to bring Abby to Las Vegas, for which I am very grateful to her.

Abby's pretty quiet on the drive. "How was the flight?" I ask to break the silence. "Long but beautiful. I have a bit of jet lag" she smiles slightly. "Are you hungry? After all, you have been on the road for five hours" "seven, you forgot the time difference" Tony improves me. "Yes, I'm hungry"

We stop at a diner. "It's not a fancy restaurant now, but they make great fries," I shrug my shoulders. "I like it" Abby smiles a little bit more. We order our food and sit down at one of the tables.

After dinner, Abby seems a little better. As we drive on, I notice her putting her hand on mine. I smile at her and take her hand in mine. Sighing, she puts her head on my shoulders. "I feel bad because I feel like I'm taking advantage of you" she whispers. "You don't have to. I care about you. I will gladly help you" she sighs again. "I don't know how to thank you" "all good. After all, it is also nice to have you near me again" she smiles.

Love youuuuu❤️