chapter 26

Arriving at the house, Tony and I take Abby's luggage, although she complains about it for a moment. "Mom, we're back" Tony calls as we enter the house. My mother comes out of the kitchen and smiles at Abby. "Hello, I'm Maria, Ondreaz's and Tony's mom, you must be Abby." Abby's nodding. "You have two wonderful sons. Thank you very much for letting me stay here for a few days, Mrs Lopez" Abby smiles. "Yes, my sons are great, but please call me Maria." Abby nods.

"Come I'll show you where you can sleep" my mother takes Abby by the hand while I carry Abby's luggage. Tony's taking off. When we arrive at my room, I put the luggage down. "You can have Ondreaz's room. He'll sleep on the couch" "what?" Confused, I look at my mother. "You said she could sleep here" "yes and so could I" "Ondreaz, she is our guest. Surely she will get the bed for herself" "I don't want to make any trouble. Ondreaz can sleep here, Miss...Maria" I have to smile for a moment. "You're no trouble! But Ondreaz, the girl needs her rest. She had a long flight. So please let her sleep alone," since I know that my mother is hard to convince, I give in with a sigh. Abby gives me the apologetic eye.

||Abbys POV:
After I shower, I say good night to everybody. Tony, Ondre and their mother are sitting in front of the TV. I'm going to Ondre's room and get into bed. Sighing, I pick up my cell phone. On the flight I had told my brother not to worry and that I would be with friends in Las Vegas. He answered that I should enjoy it and just not think about home.I lock my phone and put it on the nightstand.

For more than two hours I roll around in bed, but I can't get any sleep. I get up at one in the morning and decide to go to Ondre. Silently, I sneak into the living room. "Ondre?" I ask quietly into the dark. No answer. Just as I turn around, a small light next to the sofa goes on. "Abby, is that you?" Ondre sounds sleepy. "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up. Go back to sleep" I whisper. "No, I'm okay. What is it? Can't sleep?" he looks kind of cute, so sleepy. "Yes..." I answer. He sighs. "Come here" he sits up and I sit with him. "Would you like some tea? My mother used to make us tea when we couldn't sleep" I nod. "With pleasure" "ok, I'll go make some tea, you stay here" Ondre smiles at me and gets up

"Here's your tea" Ondre hands me a steaming cup "Thanks" I smile at him.He sits down next to me again. "Why can't you sleep?" I'm sighing. "There's too much on my mind" "like what?" "Whether my mother is right and my father really doesn't care about me..." "oh, come on, Abby, I don't believe this" I have to smile. "I think it's great that you're always trying to make me feel better" "well, some people care about you" Ondre looks me straight in the eye. I look away quickly. "That's good to hear" I take a sip of my tea.

"I hope you can sleep now" Ondre takes me to his room door. I turn around. "Can you sleep with me?" He's smiling. "If it would help you" I nod. "All right, I'll get my bedding" he smiles and disappears while I go into the room, pull my pillow and blanket to one side of the bed and lie down.

Shortly afterwards Ondre comes back and puts his blanket and pillow on the free side before he lies down too. "Good night" he whispers. "Good night" I whisper and close my eyes.

The next morning I wake up and it takes me a few seconds to remember where I am. I turn around. Ondre sits in bed and smiles at me. "Good morning. Did you get to sleep?" I nod and stretch. "Breakfast?" "Why don't you let me wake up first?" I yawn. Ondre gets up laughing. "Come on", I get up and follow him into the kitchen.

"Good morning" Maria sits at the table and looks at Ondre seriously "Didn't I tell you clearly yesterday to sleep on the couch?" "Yes, but..." Ondre scratches his head nervously. "I asked him if he could sleep in my bed because I couldn't fall asleep" I smile innocently at Maria. She sighs. "All right, I understand."

Thx for 7k reads
Love youuu❤️