chapter 58

When she calms down again, I stroked her back the whole time, we both sat on the bed. "Babe, I want you to promise me something." Abby looks at me in surprise. "We're in a relationship, so let me be your boyfriend, okay? Talk to me, tell me what's on your mind, all your feelings, positive and negative, ok? Just talk to me" Abby nods. "Thanks" she looks at me. "Thank you for standing by me even though I'm not making it easy for you" she pulls me to her and kisses me. "I'd do anything for you" I whisper in her ear.

Abby falls asleep exhausted while I still stroke her back. At some point, I gently push her off me and slowly get out of bed. Silently I sneak out of the room and meet Tayler in the kitchen. "Hey, are you two okay? Abby got so loud before" I sigh and nod. "She found out today that her father left her mother for another woman he now wants to marry" "Fuck, that's tough" Tayler sighs. "Yeah, it's killing her" "understandable. But what are you doing in the kitchen?" "I went to get a drink. I'm sleeping here, by the way, and I should get back to Abby's room as soon as possible in case she wakes up" Tayler nods and throws a bottle of water at me. "Thank you, good night," I smile at him. "Good night"

||Abby's POV
Although I was awake a few times that night, I was able to fall asleep again quite quickly in Ondre's arms. Ondre has also just woken up and is smiling at me tiredly. "Good morning, babe" he gives me a kiss on the mouth. "How are you?" "Fine, more composure than yesterday. But I'm still angry with my father" Ondre nods. "Sure, but maybe you should confront him. Call him" I sigh, because Ondre's suggestion is not bad. I shouldn't just sit here and get upset. "I'll do it today" I smile at him.

When I go into the bathroom to shower, I am startled by my reflection. Crying and sleeping ruins my make-up and makes me look like a crack whore. Why didn't Ondre say that? Quickly I remove the rest of my remaining make-up and get into the shower. The warm water does good and I enjoy it.

After I get dressed again and dry my wet hair a bit with the towel, I go to the kitchen where Ondre prepared a breakfast for me. I give him a kiss and thank him before we sit down and eat together. "Tony and David will pick me up in twenty minutes. There's something we have to do. How about you call your dad on the phone right now and come over to our house this afternoon? We can go swimming again" I nod. "Sounds good" Ondre seems satisfied.

When Ondre was picked up, I answer my cell. Addison sent me a picture from the airport. "Miss you already" she wrote on it. I send two hearts back and decide to really call my dad. I take a deep breath and dial the number.

"Sanders Company. You've reached Simon Sanders. How can I help you?" Surprisingly, my brother answers. "Didn't you memorize my number or what?" I moan. "Abby? Why are you calling Dad's business phone?" My brother sounds surprised too. "Because apparently I'm already so unimportant I can't get his home number." Simon sighs. "Why so annoyed again? What's wrong?" "What's wrong?! First our father leaves me with our mother, and now I have to find out from Monty that there's another woman he wants to marry now?!" Simon sighs again. "Dad knew this would upset you, that's why he didn't tell you" "he let me believe he was doing it for us, you and me, and not because he was cheating on our mother" "don't exaggerate. He has done us no harm" "maybe not to you, Simon! After all, you are the great son! He left me with Mum, although he knows exactly how badly I feel about it" "You've always been a drama queen" Simon sighs. I am speechless. "All right, tell dad that I'm shitting on Kate's and his wedding and won't be there." I hang up with these words.

Thxx for 33k reads
Love youuuu❤️