chapter 24

A little later I'm sitting on the couch staring at my phone. "Hey there. You all right?" My mother sits down next to me and puts her hand on my knee. I nod. "Ondreaz, I know you. What's on your mind?" I sigh. "Oh, I just don't understand some people" "I cannot follow you" I sigh again. My mother has always understood me, so why shouldn't I tell her about Abby's situation "So...Addison's best friend Abby came to visit us last week and..." I tell her that Abby and I hit it off and things about Abby's family and her current situation. "...I just don't understand how a mother could treat her children so badly and how her father just doesn't do anything about it" I lean against my mother. "Sometimes it's just inexplicable. I feel very sorry for the girl" my mother strokes my back "Me too! I'd like to help her so much...but I don't know how" I sigh. "You really like her, don't you?" "Yes, Mom, I do"

After dinner I retire to my room and wait for a call from Abby. In the meantime, I shoot a TikTok and go to Instagram, where I am inundated with edits and posts about Abby and me. Amused, I look at the TikTokRoom page, which also posted the accidentally liked edit by Abby. I read the comments about it. a few fanpages write that they ship us, but there are also enough people who claim that this is all just for fame.

Before I can really think about it, the long-awaited call finally comes. I take it. "Hey...how you doing?" I hear Abby sighing again before I see her.She looks even more upset than yesterday.  Her eyes are red and her face seems swollen from crying. She opens her mouth, but before she can say anything, a sob comes over her. "I told you to call me if it gets too bad" I sigh. "I'm sorry... I just saw you were with your family... I didn't mean to interrupt..." "Abby, you're not interrupting" "you're just saying that because I feel bad" "no, I'm saying that because it's important to me that you feel better" she wipes the tears from her cheek "So... what happened?""I don't want to talk about it... you better tell me when I can get out of here" I sigh. "Tayler's mother is still with him until Tuesday... so not until next Wednesday" "Wednesday?... I can't stand it here any longer" Tears come back to her eyes  "If you need distance, you're welcome to come to Las Vegas." She's gotta smile. "You're cute. But I don't want to interrupt you spending time with your family" "I mean it, Abby, if you can't take it anymore, come here" "Thank you" she smiles at me.

||Abby's POV:
I don't sleep the second night in a row. All the time I think about the fight with my mother. "You're an ungrateful bitch" yeah..she really called me a bitch just for telling her I wasn't staying here. She won't let me. She threatened to cut off the money, so I accused her of being all about money. She just wants me to stay because then she'll get money from my father for me....

I'm thinking about Ondre's offer too. I don't think I can take it here until Wednesday. Not when my mother's here, too. Sighing, I go for breakfast, even if I don't really feel like eating.

My mother doesn't get home until 5:00. She's angry, you can hear it on the front door she slams. This is going to be great...ten minutes later she suddenly stands in my room and sees the boxes for the first time. "What's all this about?" She takes a box with my shoes and empties it. "What could it be?! I've packed my things. So please leave the things in the boxes" I turn back to my mobile phone. "You packed already? You can forget that, Abigail. I do not allow you to" "I do not need your consent, mother. I'm old enough" "but not yet of age" "yet I can do what I want" " how did I deserve a daughter like you?" Shaking her head she leaves the room. With quick steps I go after her. "What do you think you are? A saint? And if you were one, would two of your children run away from you?" I yell out after her.

Back in my room, I slam the door and throw myself on the bed. But already the door opens again and my mother storms in. "Simon did not flee me. Your father manipulates him" I laugh. "Are you telling yourself that so you won't feel guilty?" "I only ever wanted the best for you children" she raises her finger threateningly. "Sure. You cared about us" I roll my eyes. "The only thing you cared about with Simon and me is that we're perfect, that we win, that you can make money with us. It had no value to you what we wanted. Whatever, as long as there was some money involved" "that's not true" "oh really? Did you even love my father? Or did you marry him just for the money?" My mother looks at me in horror before she runs out of the room. "I will not tolerate such behavior any longer, Abigail! You stay here, go to college and do what I tell you to do" she screams up from below. "Or else what?" "I'll cut you off." "You do that. Dad's financing me anyway, not you" "Your father doesn't care about you, Abigail. Understand this! Why else do you think he took Simon but not you? Because he takes care of you like that?" I slam the door. ouch, that hurt...

Thx for 6k reads
Love youuuuu❤️