chapter 14

||Abby's POV
"Abby?" Ondre answers the phone. "Oh, it's you! Hey, sorry, I was just hanging laundry." "No problem. Nice of you to call back." "Sure, yeah. What's up?" I can hear Ondre breathing. "I wanted to ask you if... if you wanted to go out tonight, well... since Addison's busy," he sounds nervous. "on a date?" I have to smile. "if that's what you want to call it" he sounds totally cute. "Oh, Ondre...you know I made Addison a promise...I'd love to...but I'm sorry" I feel totally bad. "I understand..." Ondre sounds disappointed. "But...what if it's not a date?...what if it's just a get-together between friends...say yes?" I have to laugh. "That sounds great" "great, I'll pick you up at seven, okay?" "ok, do I have to wear something nice?" I'm smiling totally. "No, you can come in sweatpants if you want. You'd still look beautiful." My stomach's tingling. "Well, I'll see you later" "I'm looking forward to it" "Me too" with these words we end the conversation. Happily I let myself fall on my bed.

I turn in front of the mirror a few times and look at my dress when there is a knock at the door. Kelianne sticks her head in. "Wow, you look great. What are you up to?" She smiles at me. "Thanks. I'm going out" I smile. "The way you beam, you're not going out with Addison. Date with Ondre?" she's smiling. "No date. A get-together among friends." Kelianne laughs. "Sure girl" she leaves the room. Since it's almost 7:00, I'm gonna take my little bag and slip into my shoes. "Bye" I shout into the living room. "You're leaving?" Tayler looks out the kitchen. "She's going on a date with Ondre" calls Kelianne from the living room. "it's a get-together with friends," I roll my eyes. "Of course" Tayler laughs and disappears. I roll my eyes and leave.

Shortly after seven Ondre's BMW stops in front of the house and he gets out. "Hey" I smile at him as he hugs me. "Hey, you look great" he gives me a smile. "Thanks, you too" I look down at him. Black jeans and a plaid shirt, which he hasn't buttoned up all the way. In addition he had his necklaces on, which I have seen on him several times before and as always he had one ear with the cross earring. He opened the door for me and I let myself fall on the seat smiling. "Are you hungry?" He gets behind the wheel. I nod. "Pizza?" He looks at me with a grin. "It's always the right choice" I smirk back.

We stop in front of a pizzeria and a waiter leads us to one of the tables. "Have you told Addison about our meetings?" Ondre asks after we order. I shake my head. "She has this appointment, I didn't want to bother her." Ondre nods. "You and Addison go way back, right?" I nod. "Best friends since kindergarten. I actually spent my entire childhood gardening with Addison. We grew up together like we were sisters" "that's nice" Ondre smiles at me. "Yeah, I'm glad to have her. Not everyone has such a friend in life, but I was lucky to have her" I smile, but Ondre suddenly looks away sad. But the next moment our meal arrives.

When we leave the restaurant, Ondre has paid again, although I protested, we go back to his car. "Do you want to go back already?" I shake my head. "Want to go for a walk?" He smiles at me happily. " With pleasure" I smile back at him and get in the car.

It's already dark when Ondre parks in a parking lot. "Where are we?" I get out of the car. "Venice Beach" I see Ondre smiling even in the dark. "The beach?" He nods. "Well, I'd better leave my shoes" I smile and slip off my shoes Ondre does the same. As we touch the cold sand barefoot, I squeal briefly, which makes Ondre laugh. We walk towards the water for a while before we walk along the beach. Our hands touch and cross each other. Automatically I have to smile.

We walk silently side by side for a few minutes. "Tell me something about yourself" I break the silence. "What do you want to know?" Ondre smiles at me. "Everything" he laughs. "All right. I was born in Colorado and raised in Las Vegas, Nevada. Just like you, I am the middle child, besides Tony, I have an older brother, Xavier, he lives in Las Vegas with his fiancée and their son. Tony and I have been dancing forever, and we were pretty much misfits in high school because of it. Instead of playing like the cool football or basketball, we just preferred dancing. Well, still we didn't stop, even though it was hard, we only had each other..." that's why he looked so sad before, besides Tony he never had a real friend. "We were getting better and better at dancing and at some point we were dancing and winning competitions, then we led the workshop in Las Vegas and last summer we started with TikTok and through that we met so many great people"

Love youuuuu❤️