chapter 84

After the wedding we line up to congratulate the newlywed. We are the first to go in front. "Congratulations" I hug my father. "Thanks, honey" I smile at him for a moment before I turn to Kate. "Congratulations" I try to smile. "Thank you, dear. I'm so happy we're a family now. We have the same last name now" she presses me firmly while I try not to lose my temper. I just nod and run away quickly. Ondre has caught up with me in a few steps.

"did you hear what she said?" Ondre nods. I growl. "this woman really thinks she is my family now just because my father put a ring on her finger" "abby, calm down. It's hard enough that you're at this wedding, now don't let it get you down" I sigh. "I know, but if this goes on all night I'm going to kill someone" Ondre has to grin "as long as it's not me" I give him a nasty look, but then I have to laugh.

Near the benches where the ceremony took place is the tent where the food and the celebration will be. With Ondre by my hand and Christian by my side, I walk to the entrance after I have calmed down.

"Abigail! I don't think we've been introduced yet" Hannah, standing at a high table at the entrance, hugs me. "Wouldn't have been necessary at all" I say quietly so that no one hears. "What did you say?" Hannah smiles at me falsely.
"I just wondered why you were standing here at the entrance" I smile back just as wrongly.

"I help people by telling them where they sit" "ah, and where are we sitting?" I cross my arms in front of my chest. "At table three, with the Easterlings. Unfortunately, there was no more room for you at the bridal couple's table. But Christian can choose whether he comes to our table or to yours" I am speechless for a short moment. "I'll go to their table with them" Christian gives Hannah a pejorative look. When I see the pissed off face of Hannah, I have to grin. "Blood is thicker than water" I hiss at her before I run with the boys to the table where the Easterlings are sitting.

"Have you been expelled?" Addison looks at me in surprise as I sit down next to her. "No, there's no room at the bride and groom's table and Christian didn't want to go there either" I shrug my shoulders. "Let me guess, this Hannah set this up" Addison rolls his eyes. "The way she walks around making those eyes at your brother. I could puke" I have to grin. It's because of actions like this that Addison is my best friend, because who I hate, she hates too, that's the code.

After my father and Kate open the buffet, Addison, Christian, Ondre, Enzo ,Lucas and I stroll in together. We load up our plates and walk back to our table. The meal runs smoothly and we chat comfortably.

The sound of a fork against a glass silences everyone after the meal and makes them turn around to the bridal couple's table. When I see who made that sound, I roll my eyes. My brother and Hannah stand there and smile into the crowd. "Hello everyone. As best man and maid of honor, we thought we'd both tell you a little story today about my aunt and her wonderful husband Frank" Hannah throws her hair behind her shoulder. "I'm going to throw up" I murmur on the table. Twenty minutes I have to endure a speech about getting to know both of them, which is also recited by my brother and this weird bitch.

When I go to the bar later to get your drinks for our table, my brother stands next to me. "Daddy thinks it's a pity that you and Christian didn't want to come to our table" I look at him. "Seriously? Your great girlfriend has sown that we have no more room" I roll my eyes and turn back to the drinks. "That's not true and stop picking on Hannah, she's a great girl" "you're probably just high on her perfume" my brother sighs. "Anyway, what did you think of our speech?" "Great, except for the fact that you forgot to tell that she was the reason our parents split up" "LA really wasn't good for you. You've become a really mean person" Simon shakes his head and leaves. Outraged, I look at him.

As if things weren't bad enough, ten minutes later I hear a voice. "Sorry I didn't get here until now. I still had to work. But congratulations to both of you" I look at Addison in shock. "Please tell me that's not the person I think it is" "I wish I could" Addison looks startled behind me. "Fuck, fuck" I turn slowly and look straight into his eyes. He waves to me and smiles.

LOVE YOUUUU ❤️