chapter 8

"Thank you, talking has done me good. But please keep it to yourself, I don't want Addison to worry" I lift my head and quietly wipe the tears from my cheek. "I won't tell her, but she's your best friend, maybe you should tell her." I sigh. "We'll see. Change the subject?I'm not in LA to talk about my family" Ondre nods. "By the way, last night after you left I tried to find you in the recordings from the work shop, because the way you danced last night I knew you were probably not bad" my eyes get big "Uhh..." "yeah, I was pretty stunned when I saw what you danced. You weren't a competitor, you were the coach's partner and your choreo was the best in the whole work shop, why didn't you say so?" "I didn't know it was that important" I shrug my shoulders innocently. "I also know why I couldn't remember you. You were blond then" Ondre laughs. I hide my face in my hands. "Biggest mistake of my life! I looked so bad" I laugh too "Oh no, just different" Ondre smiles at me. I have to smile. "But seriously...that performance of yours was amazing" "thank you" I smile at him. "But why is there nothing else of yours, I mean videos" "I stopped after that" "why? Because of your mother?""She didn't want me to dance when I wasn't competing, but I didn't want that" I lie "Strange woman" Ondre shakes his head.

We sit in silence for a while. I put my head back on his shoulder and he still has his arm around me. It feels safe. "maybe we should go back inside. Addison must be looking for you already" Ondre takes his arm off me. I nod and we get up. just before we go in, I stop again. "ondre?" he stops and looks at me. "thanks for listening to me" i give him a kiss on the cheek he smiles at me "anytime again" i smile and slip inside

"here you are!" Addison is sitting in the living room. "sorry, I was outside, needed some fresh air" I smile at her. Ondre comes up behind me. "guys, I'm going to bed. I'm tired" he says good night before he turns to me. "good night" he hugs me "good night" I mumble. Addison looks at me with a grin. "uh yeah, I'm gonna get an UBER to the hotel" quickly I pick up my phone.

the next morning, i have a breakfast date with addison. She keeps giving me this smiling look. "What's wrong with you?" I roll my eyes annoyingly. "Ondre asked me this morning if you were coming to the house today" I have to smile. "Ha, you too? He's smiling like a fool." I slap her on the upper arm in insult. "what did you do yesterday?" Addison nosily waggles her eyebrows. "nothing. he just listened to me. it was nice and pleasant talking to someone who doesn't know my family" addison nods. "what did you tell him?" "my relationship with my mother and that I spent my childhood with you rather" i shrug my shoulders. "so not about why you quit dancing?" I shake my head.

So by noon I'm back at the hype house. When Addison and I arrive together, Ondre and Tony are dancing in the living room with some other guy. When they are finished, I greet Tony and Ondre with a short hug, while Ondre and I smile at each other discreetly. "hey, you're Abby, right? I'm Tayler" the other guy hugs me. "hey, nice to meet you" i smile at him

Since the guys want to shoot some more TikToks, Addison and I decide to go get some ice cream and chill out on the terrace. We go into the kitchen and pick out some ice cream and sit outside on two of the chairs. "let's face it,you and Ondre,what's the deal? I know you, Abby,you haven't reacted like this around a boy in a long time." Addison tries some of her ice cream. "how many times, Addison, he's a great guy and I like him, but that's all that matters, because I'm going back to Lafayette." I sigh. "and what are you doing in Lafayette?" I sigh again. "i don't know. definitely not staying with my mother. i already asked my dad last night if i could move in with him and then look. maybe after summer i'll go to college or i'll start working somewhere" i shrug my shoulders "so no plans yet?" i shake my head "but you're not going back to Chile?" "i don't think so. Chile was great, but I belong in the States" I smile "good, 'cause I can't stand to be that many miles away from you again" Addison smiles at me.

Thxx for 690 reads
Love youuu❤️