chapter 19

I lay on the bed and sigh. Suddenly my cell phone rings. Ondre calls me on FaceTime. "Hey" I take the call and put my cell phone against the backrest. Ondre also lies in bed and smiles at me. "Hey, you got time to make a call?" "Sure" I answer with a grin. "How's it back home?" I sigh. "Boring and weird, so quiet" Ondre has to laugh. "How is it with your mother?" "Tiring, she's mad at me again. So nothing unusual" I roll my eyes. "There's always a place for you in LA" I laugh. "I know that" "Well..." right now, my mother is bursting into my room "Go to bed early. Your grandparents are coming tomorrow at ten. You should sleep in and be fit!" "how about knocking?" I'm so annoyed I roll my eyes. "It's my house! I don't have to knock" she slams the door behind her

"Sorry" I turn back to Ondre. "Wow, that's your mother?" I nod my head and sigh. "Didn't sound very friendly" Ondre looks at me with pity "She was very nice to me just now" "ok, wow"

I talk to Ondre for over two hours before we hang up and I go to sleep. The next morning I get up at eight and put on jeans and a T-shirt. I put on make-up and go downstairs for breakfast. "Is this how you want to face your grandparents?" My mother gives me a skeptical look. "Yeah, what's wrong with that?" I look down at my outfit. "Go take a shower! Put on a dress and straighten your hair! And don't put on make-up so much" She says in a stern tone Since I don't feel like arguing with her again, I go sighing into the bathroom and take a shower.

When my grandparents arrive at ten, I have just finished changing my clothes and straightening my hair. "You look better like this! And now smile" my mother seems to be reasonably satisfied. "Abigail, glad you're back" my grandma comes up to me and gives me a hug. "Hello Grandma, nice to see you again" I give her a kiss on the cheek before I hug my Grandpa too. "you look great, honey" my grandma smiles at me "Thank you, Grandma" I smile politely. "You must tell me all about Chile" "I will, Grandma" I smile. "Christian is upstairs. He should be here any minute" my mother interferes. Of course, I can't steal her favourite's show. "Where is Simon?" My grandpa smiles. "He's out with his father on business. He won't be here today" my grandparents seem disappointed.

After coffee, when I have roughly summed up my months in Chile, we all sit at the table at lunch. "Abigail, what are you going to do when you are here?" My grandpa looks at me questioningly. "She's going to stay here and go to college." My mother answers for me. "Really?" My grandma gives me a surprised look. "No. Actually, I don't know what I'm gonna do yet. Maybe I'll move away" I shrug my shoulders and get a mean look from my mother "You'll find your way, honey" "thanks, grandma" I smile at my grandma gratefully.Sometimes I wonder how my mother could become such a bad person with such great parents.  Since my mother once again directs the conversation to my brother, I apologize and go to my room. Sighing, I let myself fall on the bed. I can't stand it here much longer.

I decide to shoot TikToks since I have no more to post. Since I have no light, I put my cell phone against the window and try one of the dances. I am just about to do the second dance when there is a knock at my door. Since my mother does not knock, I go to the door in confusion and open it. Christian is standing in front of it. "Hey, can I come in?" I nod and let him in. "Did they let you go?" I smile at my brother. "I rather ran away. What are you doing?" He looks confusedly at my phone on the windowsill. "TikTok" I grin. "Oh, dear, are you gonna be like Addison now?" I laugh. "Maybe. You wanna dance with me?" Since I actually said it in fun, I'm surprised when Christian agrees to dance.

We spend over an hour making tiktoks together before we get called to say goodbye to our grandparents. "Bye, honey" my grandma gives me a big hug. "And don't let anyone tell you anything! Do what you think is right" I nod. "I will, Grandma" I smile at her.

Christian spends the evening in my room watching a movie with me. When the film is finished, he turns to me. "Were you serious about moving out?" I sigh and nod. "I can't stand it here. It's destroying me." Christian nods understandably. "I'm sorry, Abby" "it's not your fault. You're the only thing keeping me here these days" I hug my brother. "Don't mind me! I will always stand behind you! No matter what you decide" I close in tears as my brother tells me this. "Thank you, Christian. It means a lot to me" I hold him close to me.

Thxx for 3.8k reads
Love youuuu❤️