chapter 40

||Ondre's POV:
After Abby has decided on a shelf and we have loaded it into the car, we drive off. It's now 5:00. "My place or yours?" I smile at Abby in amusement. "Whatever. But I still have some boxes at my place" Abby shrugs. "I don't have a room by myself, so your place." I smile and drive to Tayler's apartment.

Tayler helps me carry the shelves into the apartment while Nate carries Abby's groceries and Abby comes after him amused. We decide to put up the shelf right away and Tayler, Nate and I start immediately. Abby stays on the sofa with Kelianne, but finally comes into her room and watches us assemble the shelf. Every now and then she orders us around or calls in stupid comments. "Your shelf is done, your highness" Tayler bows before leaving the room with Nate. I can't wipe this smile off my face. "your highness"? Abby looks at me confused. "You just let us do our work like your servants while you sit on your bed" I laugh. Abby's smiling, too. "Your Highness... sounds good" "don't try to persuade me to call you that" I laugh.

We order some food and clean up the last few boxes in the meantime. "So finally everything is in its place" Abby lets herself fall on the bed after putting the last piece of decoration on the shelf. I hand her her lunch box from the bag that was just delivered to us. She accepts it with thanks and starts eating hungry. "What are we doing tonight?" I sit down next to her and I start to eat, too. "I don't know, watch a movie? I can use my laptop." Abby shrugs. And I look up at the table, where there' s still Abby's yearbook. I start smiling. "We can watch your yearbook." Abby sighs. "No, let's watch a movie instead."

Again I get the feeling that she wants to avoid me looking at the book. "Why not? I want to know about your past" Abby sighs again. "All right. We'll look at it after dinner, okay?" I nod.

So after the food is gone and we take out the trash, I sit on the bed while Abby sits between my legs and lays against me. She unfolds the book and skips a few pages until we get to the seniors' pictures and their lines."Your senior quota was "some days are a total waste of makeup" . Seriously?" I'm looking at her amused. She nods. "I liked that line."

We turn the page. Award... "you were twice voted Sportswoman of the Year?" Abby nods. "Top of your class in math and Spanish?" Abby's nodding again."Wow, respect" next page... I swallow hard when I see Abby in someone else's arms. "Most likely to marry" is above the picture. "Who is this?" I point to it. "Adam...my ex" Abby doesn't quite know how to respond. "Okay, why did you guys break up?" Abby shuts up for a second. "We both realized our relationship wasn't based on feelings anymore" she can't look me in the eye.

On the next few pages are pictures of Abby and Addison with cheerleaders. Then there's another picture of Abby apparently making out with this guy after a game. Abby flips through the pages quickly. On the next page, it says "Memories" in big letters. It's pictures of field trips or teachers. One shows Abby getting hugged by her ex and Addison getting hugged by a guy. "The A-Team" is underneath. "A-Team?" I'm pointing at the picture and asking. Abby nods. "That's what our group of friends was called. Addison, Aaron, Abby and Adam. We were all As" "is Aaron Addison's ex-boyfriend?" Abby nods. "Aaron and Adam were best friends, and so the four of us were always together. But Addison and Aaron were together more because we were always on the road together."

||Abbys POV:
When we have finished looking at the book, there is a strange atmosphere. "Shall we watch a movie now?" I try to break the silence. Ondre just nods silently. I get my laptop and open Netflix. "What do you want to watch?" Ondre shrugs. "Just pick something out" I sigh and tap on some film.

Thxx for 17k reads
Love youuuuu❤️