chapter 30

||Ondre's POV:
Why do I get the feeling Abby's avoiding the jump? The question keeps going through my mind as I'm on my way back. There's music coming from our room. That's weird. This isn't the song we're dancing to, is it? I open the door a crack and see Abby dancing. Her eyes are closed and her body moves perfectly to the music.

When the song is finished, she stops in the middle of the room. I clap my hands, which makes her jump. "What is this, one of your choreographies?" I ask impressed. She shakes her head. "Well, yeah... well, I just danced that." "That was freestyle?" She nods. "wow, how come you never danced alone?" She shrugs.

After we both shower, Abby talks to Addison on the phone while I shoot TikToks and then go to Insta. Eventually, Abby walks into the room and hands me her phone. "Addison wants to talk to you for a second," I pick up the phone and leave the room. "Addison?" "Hey, Ondre! I just wanted to take a minute to thank you. It was good to get Abby out of the house and just distract her. She told me that you take her dancing and your mother talks to her more often" "it was the best thing for her. I feel like she's starting to feel better" "yeah, she said she was feeling better. When are you coming back to LA?" "I don't know Abby can't move in until Wednesday" "so not for five days or so?" "Probably." "Okay, put Abby back on." "Sure, have a good night." "Thanks, you too."

Half an hour later the girls have finished talking on the phone. Abby and I are having dinner and lying in my bed. I have my arm around her while she's on Insta. I take one deep breath before I say it out. "Abby, can I ask you something?" Abby looks at me and nods. "Why do I get the feeling you don't want to make that jump?" Abby looks away and suddenly sits with her back to me at the edge of the bed.

"Did I say something wrong?" I slide down next to her and see a tear running down her cheek. "I'm afraid to," she says softly. "That you can't make it?" She shakes her head. "Because things have gone wrong before" she picks up her cell phone and seems to be looking for something. "Here" she stalls me a video

I recognize Abby and her dance partner. They are dancing and Abby runs towards him, jumps off and suddenly you hear a hard impact and Abby screams that video breaks off. "He didn't catch me... I broke two ribs and my right leg. I also had a concussion" she swallows and wipes tears from her cheek. "Abby, I'm sorry" "that's why I stopped dancing. I was too scared and it took me over half a year to do a handstand again..." "which is why you stopped being a flyer. You were scared" she nods. "Why didn't you tell me?" "Because I'm embarrassed" she sighs. "Don't be, Abby" I take her in my arms and hold her against me "Thank you..." she whispers.

"How come you never danced alone anymore? You didn't have to jump then" we're back in bed and Abby's in my shirt again. "I've always been told that I don't have enough potential to dance alone," "so what I saw today proves the opposite! You're really good, Abby" she smiles. "Thanks."

||Abbys POV:
Ondre smiles at me as his gaze suddenly wanders to my T-shirt and he looks startled. "Where did you get that?" He grabs my key chain, I forgot all about it. It probably slipped out of my shirt while I was changing. "She fell out of the closet while I was looking for a T-shirt and then I put it on and forgot it. Was that not okay?" Ondre is still holding the necklace in his hand. "I gave it to my ex-girlfriend. This is the key to my lock chain. After the breakup I wore the key for a while...but at some point I put it in my closet" Ondre doesn't look me in the eye. "I'm sorry about that. I didn't know the necklace meant so much to you. I take it off" I raise my hand to undo the chain, but Ondre catches my hand. "No, leave it on. I give it to you" he smiles at me. I grin and give him a kiss on the lips

We make out a little before I sit on his lap. My hands go under his shirt. We separate for a moment so I can pull his shirt over his head. He also takes my shirt off. Only in his underwear does Ondre turn around, so that I am now lying down. He begins to kiss my neck while his hands explore my body...

Thxx for 9k reads
Love youuuu ❤️