chapter 57

||Ondres POV:
Addison comes out to us worried. "Abby locked herself in the bathroom." She sighs. "Why is that? Is she okay?" I jump up worried. "She found out about this" Sheri hands me a card. "Wedding of Martin and Kate" I read. "Abby's father marries his new girlfriend who was the reason they broke up" Sheri explains. I give her a startled look because I see what Abby has. "Shit, where's the bathroom?" "Straight ahead and then second door on the left" Addison explains. I nod and breathe a soft "thank you" before I run.

"Abby, hey, it's me" I knock lightly on the door, but nothing comes from inside. "Babe, please open the door, I just want to help you" I knock again, but still nothing moves inside. "Babe, I'm here for you" there is a sigh inside before you hear the key in the lock and the door opens I slip through the crack and Abby immediately locks the door again. "Hey, come here" I ready my arms out and Abby throws herself right in. She starts sobbing, so I push her against me with a sigh and give her a kiss on the hair. " I'm so sorry, babe" I whisper.

"We have to get back to the others" Abby pulls away from my hug. "Only if you really want to" she nods and I wipe the tears from her cheek. "Well, let's get you cleaned up," I smile at her.

"Abby, I'm sorry" Addison comes running up to us as we step out onto the patio and gives her best friend a hug. Sheri also comes and hugs Abby, so I decide to leave the women alone and sit at the table with Bryce. "Is Abby better?" Bryce looks a little worried at the women who are now all hugging each other. "It's hard for her." I sigh. Bryce nods sympathetically.

The women come back to the table and Monty comes in with ice cream shortly afterwards. As he hands out, he encouragingly presses Abby's shoulders, who then smiles weakly at him. We start a conversation, but I notice how Abby is not really on the point and rather always stares at a spot.

"I think I'd better take her home," I whisper to Addison. She nods "I think she should get some rest," I make eye contact with Abby and tell her we should leave. She lightly nods and gets up.

I wish Addison and her family a safe journey home and also say goodbye to Bryce. Addison gives Abby a big hug. "You know you can always call me or us if you have any problems, okay?" Abby nods and also hugs Sheri and Monty, whom she also thanks for the invitation.

On my way out, I take Abby's hand. "Come on, I'll drive" I take the car key from her other hand and open the car door for her. She gets in and I get behind the wheel. As I'm driving, I take her hand again. Abby sighs and puts her head against the window as she watches the area outside.

"I'm going to sleep at your place tonight, okay?" We stop outside Tayler's apartment. Abby nods and gets out of the car. We walk up the stairs together. We stop at the apartment to say hello to each other, but we go straight to Abby's room.

I sit on the bed while Abby sighs and unpacks her bag.As she holds the envelope in her hand, she pauses for a moment before throwing it into the wastebasket with full force.  "I just can't believe it" she makes a desperate sound mixed with anger. I jump off the bed. "Hey, let it out. I understand you" I'm about to give her a hug as she pushes me away. "No, you don't. No one understands"

Okay, that hurt. "Yes, Abby. I do." "Oh, yeah? Then tell me why? Why am I so upset about this?" She sparkles at me angrily. "You always thought your parents split up because your dad realized how unfairly your mom treated you. That he'd understand, that he'd finally stand by you.Now you're angry because he still doesn't get it, but left your mum because of another woman and therefore abandoned you. He left you with your mum." Abby looks at me frozen before she throws herself on the bed sobbing.

"I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have spoken to you like that" she sighs. I lay down beside her and I pulled her into my arms. "It's okay, Abby." I kiss her on the forehead. "No, you're trying to calm me down and I'm bitching at you for no reason" she sobs. "It's okay, babe" I snuggle up against her and sigh.

Love youuuuu❤️