chapter 27

||Ondres POV:
After dinner my mother calls Abby into the living room. Confused, I follow Abby. She sits next to my mother. "Ondre, could you please leave? I want to talk to Abby" my mother gives me a pleading look. I look at Abby, she's nodding. "I'm with Tony" I say before I leave the living room.

"Hey, man. Where's Abby?" Tony lies on his bed and turns to me as I enter his room. "Mum's talking to her" I drop down next to him and sigh. "Oh ok. Are you okay?" "I don't know" "what's going on? Are you afraid Mom will say something wrong?" I shake my head. "Somehow, things are different between Abby and me than they were in LA." "What do you mean?" "Well, for example, when we were at Tayler's in LA, we were both sitting close together on the couch and yesterday she didn't look for any closeness when we were in bed together" "but yesterday in the car you were even holding hands? "Yes, but still it feels different, not so carefree and beautiful anymore" "Ondre, be considerate! She just ran away from home, so to speak, and as far as I know she didn't have a good time there. Give her time! That will come back" Tony puts his hand on my back to comfort me. "you must be right" I sigh.

Tony tries to distract me with TikToks and after we both post one, there's a knock at the door. Abby's sticking her head in. "Hey, come in" Tony smiles at her. "Just wanted to let you know we're done," she closes the door again. Tony looks at me questioningly. "Did you get the feeling that she was crying, too?" I nod. Abby's eyes were a little red. "I'm gonna go check on her" Tony nods.

"Abby?" I open the door to my room. She sits with her back to me and runs her hands through her face. She's probably trying to wipe away the tears right now. "Hey, what's up?" I'm walking slowly towards the bed. "Nothing, I'm fine" she turns and smiles at me, well, she's definitely trying. I sigh and sit behind her. "Don't lie, Abby. I can see you've been crying" she sighs. "It's just... your mother... she talked to me about all the problems with my mother..." "shouldn't I have told her?" A little guilty looking at Abby. "No, that was fine, thank you" "but"? Abby sighs again. "Your mother was already a better mother than my own in the less than 24 hours I've been here. I wish I had had a mother like Maria, maybe my life would have been a little better then" "understand" I say quietly. "And I realized that during the conversation. Your mother kept asking me how I was doing with it. It was just nice that she took an interest in me"

Later my mother calls us for lunch. While Tony and Abby set the table, I go to my mother in the kitchen. "Mom?" She looks at me. "Thanks for talking to Abby. It did her good" my mother smiles. "You're welcome. She's a great girl" I nod. "Yes, she is"

||abbys POV:
The boys take me into town after dinner and show me around a bit. They show me the sights of Las Vegas and some secret meeting places. Ondre looks at me a bit disappointed during the whole tour, but I can't figure out why.

We are not back until dinner. We sit down at the table with Maria and eat while we talk about our day. Tony agrees to do the dishes. Ondre and I sit down on the couch. I put my legs over Ondre, who gently strokes them. Suddenly a guy stands in the living room and looks at us in surprise.

"Ondre, I didn't know you had a girlfriend" the guy smiles. "Oh..uh..we...we're not together" Ondre stammers. "Abby, this is my older brother Xavier. Xavier, this is Abby, a friend" Xavier comes up to me and shakes my hand. "Hey" I smile at him  "Is mom in the kitchen?" Ondre nods. "Was nice to meet you" Xavier smiles at me before he leaves the room.

Love youuuu❤️