chapter 18

Once we get to Tayler, Ondre parks his car and we get out. Ondre rings the bell. "I've got the keys," still a bit annoyed I look at him. "By the time you find it, Tayler's already open." Ondre shrugs. With one move I take the key out of my pocket and look at Ondre questioningly. At that moment the door buzzes and we go inside. Somehow everyone is acting a bit strangely straight. At the top, Tayler is waiting at the door and greets us all.

When we go into the apartment, everything is dark. Annoyed, I turn on the light and flinch when suddenly a loud "surprise" sounds. In the living room there are a lot of hype house people sitting and grinning at me. "We wanted to throw you a little going-away party" Addison stands smiling next to me. I hug her. "And I've been thinking about why you're all so weird" I smile at everyone. "Thank you." I look at Addison. "Don't thank me, Tayler and Ondre came up with the idea. I was just helping" I look at the two guys. "Is this true?" They nod. "Thank you." I hug them both. "Well, actually, we just wanted to make it harder for you to say goodbye, that you'll be back soon" Ondre smiles at me embarrassed. Tayler nods. "You're always welcome here when you make pancakes." I have to laugh.

We spend the whole evening in the living room and just sit comfortably together. It's not until one o'clock in the morning that the hype house says goodbye. I give everyone a big hug, because I won't see any of them tomorrow except Ondre and Addison. When I've helped Tayler tidy up a bit, I go to sleep.

The next morning I take a shower, get dressed, put on make-up and have breakfast afterwards before I start packing my bags. Much too soon the time comes to say goodbye to Tayler, Kelianne and Nate. Addison and Ondre will be here any minute to drive me to the airport. "Goodbye, girl" Kelianne gives me a hug, and Nate says goodbye to me, too. Tayler helps me carry my suitcase down. When we get downstairs, Ondre's parking right in front of the house. Ondre takes my suitcase and puts it in the trunk while I hug Tayler. "See ya! And like I said, you're always welcome here, so if you need a room..." "...I'll be in touch" I smile at him. "Have a safe flight. Get home safe" "thanks, I will"

At the airport, Ondre loads up my luggage while Addison hugs me. "It was nice having you here. Get home safe" I sigh. "Thanks for letting me come here. It was great" "always." She puts something in my hand. "Can you take this to my mother?" I nod and hug her one last time

And then comes the most unpleasant... the goodbye to Ondre. He walks me to the door. "Have a nice flight. Call me when you get home" he smiles at me a bit sadly. "I will" I try to smile at him "Well then" he hugs me. "We'll meet again" I nod before I put my lips on his he sighs into the kiss. i break away from him "I must go. Thanks for everything" I take my suitcase, smile at him again and walk through the doors.

In Lafayette, my brother picks me up from the airport. I give him a hug before we get in the car. "How was LA?" He smiles at me. "Awesome! Met some great people." I must smile at the thought of Ondre. "That's nice" there's silence in the car "Did Simon tell you about Mom and Dad?" I realize it's hard for Christian to talk about our parents' divorce. "Yes, he has. How do you feel about it?" I look at him with pity. He sighs. "It's hard. I was still hoping that they would get back together" "I'm sorry" I put my hand on his shoulder to cheer him up

Arriving at the house, I greet my mother with a few words, but as always she is pissed off because I just came home today. I take my things and go to my room. First I write to Ondre and Addison that I have arrived home before I unpack my suitcase and bag and throw my clothes into the washing machine. Back in the room, Ondre answered me. "I'm glad everything worked out like this. Miss you already..." the message makes me smile. "Miss you too" I write back quickly.

Love youuuu❤️