Morning After

Freya's POV

Waking up next to Ambrose is the most magical thing. And that's saying something coming from a witch. After our lengthy reunion, we had both fallen asleep in each other's arms. The way it should be. The morning came sooner that I had hoped, but I still managed to pull myself out of bed. Determined to bring Ambrose his morning cup of tea.

"Freya!" Sabrina says with a smile as I walk by her room. She shuts her door quickly behind her. "Morning Brina. How did last night go?" I ask. "It went according to plan. My father is out of Nick and now trapped inside Father Blackwood." Sabrina says with a smile. Praise Satan- or whoever we praise now. I knew how badly Sabrina was hurting as she watched Nick suffer.

"That's amazing Brina! Where's Nick?" I ask. She smiles sweetly and looks at her door. "He needs his rest though. I managed to convince him to go out on a group date tonight." She says as we begin walking towards the kitchen. "Group date?" I ask.

"Mhm. Roz and Harvey. Me and Nick. Theo and some new kid at school. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you and Ambrose tagged along. If not that's totally fine. I understand if you two just want to have some more alone time together." Sabrina explains. "No actually... I think a carnival would be nice. Something easy and fun. It's almost as if we were a normal couple." I joke as we walk into the kitchen. Aunt Hilda already has a kettle going. 

"Good Morning my loves." She says as she walks into the room. She hands Aunt Zelda the paper from the front step. "Good Morning Aunties." We both say. I grab two teacups from the cabinet and begin pouring the tea. Sabrina takes her seat at the table while Aunt Hilda begins making eggs. I finish making Ambrose's tea the way he likes it before turning to head back upstairs. I never make it because I bump into someone.

"Careful there. I would hate to spend my first day back with burns." Ambrose muses as he smiles down at me. "Sorry! I was going to surprise you with morning tea. I thought you were still in bed." I tell him. He smiles and kisses my forehead.

"And miss breakfast with my family? I'd never." He takes our cups and walks them over to the table. Setting them in our spots. I go to pull out my chair but Ambrose puts his hand in front of my chest and pulls out the chair for me. I playfully roll my eyes and we take our seats at the table.

"Oh how I've missed that. You two. Together." Aunt Hilda says with a smile as she brings the pan over to serve eggs. "And how is poor Nicholas doing?" Aunt Hilda asks Sabrina. "As well as can be expected." Sabrina says. I raise my eyebrow as I blow on my tea. She made everything seem fine a few minutes ago. 

"And how's his foot?" Aunt Hilda asks. "His foot?" I ask. "Malformation? Probably the remnant of having the Dark Lord inside him. Given enough time it should revert back on its own." Ambrose explains. I push these thoughts away and take a bite of my eggs. Feet are nasty in itself. I'd hate to see whatever these lot are talking about. 

"Well I have something we should discuss." Aunt Zelda says as she puts down the morning paper. "The sheer insolence of you two going to Hell without our permission." She says as she lets out a puff of smoke from her cigarette. "You could have been killed." She hisses. I want to hide. Not because I'm avoiding Aunt Zelda's scolding, but because I'm trying not to let it slip that Brina is THE QUEEN OF HELL. This is not some small secret. 

"Honestly, first purgatory, now Hell. What's next? Heaven?" Aunt Zelda says with a sigh. I see Sabrina's eyes sparkle with interest. "Don't even think about it." I say as I go for another sip of tea. Ambrose smiles and puts his arm around me. 

"Have some more love. Bet you missed this while you were gone. Breakfast with a side of inquisition." Aunt Hilda teases as she puts more eggs on his plate. "I've missed a lot more than just breakfast." He says as he squeezes my shoulder. I can't help but blush at how cute he's been since he's been home.

"Ambrose, as Freya has probably told you, we've reopened the Academy in your absence and we are short of teachers." Aunt Zelda says. "I cannot be a teacher is that is what you're asking me, Auntie Z." He replies. "Why can't you?" Aunt Zelda asks as she straightens up.

"The thing is," He pauses and takes a deep breath. "The thing is my time abroad has illuminated me to everything I do not know. Magics beyond our experience and imagination. If I'm to be a master of the mystic arts, I must read. I must research." He explains. Beyond our imagination? Master of the mystic arts? Did Ambrose get into some warlock drugs while he was away because none of this makes sense.

"Well, then you can be the Academy's librarian." Aunt Zelda says with a smirk. Ambrose sighs. We all know there's no getting out of this one. Aunt Zelda stands to grab another cigarette when she suddenly sneezes. We all freeze. Witches don't get sick. And there's no dust in this place. What the heaven made her sneeze. 

"Zelda... are you coming down with a cold?" Aunt Hilda asks carefully. "How dare you. I've never been sick a day in my life." Aunt Zelda retorts. We all remain silent and we watch her for a moment before she snatches up the paper and starts to read again.

"Morning everyone." Nick says as he struts into the room. "Morning." We all say. I can't help but peak as he walks by. Curiosity killed the cat I guess. But he's wearing shoes so I can't tell if there's anything actually wrong with his foot. Ambrose catches me looking and chuckles softly.

"We should get going. Nick's walking me to school." Sabrina says with a smile. I smirk and take a bite of my eggs. I know that's the last place Sabrina would want to be right now. In fact, I'd bet $10 right now that she's skipping today to be with Nick. 

"And then we're headed off to the carnival." She says as she walks over to Nick. "Carnival?" Ambrose asks. "Yup. One's come to town." Sabrina explains. "Strange. We've never had a carnival around here before." Aunt Hilda says. 

"I'll see you there. Right, Freya?" Sabrina asks. "Would you be interested in something like that? I'd love to go but I want to be where you are." I say as I turn to Ambrose. "Rides? Unwinnable games? Fried foods AND a beautiful girl? I'm in." Ambrose says with a smile.

"Great! See you then." Sabrina grabs Nick's arm and drags him out of the house. I roll my eyes at her and do my best to cuddle into Ambrose's side. Today is going to be a great day. I can feel it.

A/N: Hello my loves. I'm sorry for such a huge pause. So many things in my life went wrong at the same time. I really do want to work on this more. Especially since the final season comes out in a few days. Just know that I love you all. Thanks for all the support.