Moments

Freya

"Sabrina!" I call running after her. She runs into her room and slams the door before I can get in. "Brina, let me in. We need to talk." I say leaning against the door. "Go away Freya. We both know you're against my idea as well." She calls through the door. "Okay.... you're right. But I don't want you to do this alone." "You heard Ambrose, i'm not dragging you into this." Sabrina says with a sigh. I push off the door and walk to my room. There's no convincing Sabrina otherwise when her mind is made up.

When I get to my room, Kai is waiting at my door. I bend down a scratch behind his little ears. "Hello handsome." I say walking by him. He stands still. I call him to come sit with me on my bed but he lets out a low whine. "What's wrong with you?" I ask walking back over to him. Without waiting for a response, he takes off down the hall. Why can't we just have a relaxing night. What's wrong now? Kai weaves through the halls and up the stairs, leading me to a place i'd been many times before.

Kai turns the final corner and plops down in front of Ambrose's door. He rubs his head against the door frame. Ambrose has had enough drama for tonight, when I bend down to pick Kai up, I hear something that I wasn't expecting. It sounded like sniffling. As if someone was..... crying? Without thinking about it, I crack the door open.

"Ambrose?" I ask peaking my head in. His head snaps up and he quickly rubs at his eyes before standing. "Freya. Sorry... I was just, um. Please come in." He stammers. I walk into the room and close the door behind me. We both just stand there for a moment in silence.

"Anything I can do for you?" He asks like nothing's wrong. Something is clearly bothering him though. His cheeks are puffy and his eyes just look so defeated. "Ambrose Spellman.... were you just crying?" I ask with a playful smile trying to lighten the mood. He smiles and wipes at his eyes again. "Psh. Absolutely not. What would give you a thought like that?" He asks cheekily. "And here I thought I was the crier." I joke. He smiles and sits back down on his bed. He puts his hand out and I take it, sitting next to him.

"All jokes aside, what's wrong?" I ask. He sighs and waits a minute before thinking. "Everyday I watch you and Sabrina leave and come back. And I envy that. You get to go out into the world and experience life. You make memories, go on adventures, meet new people, and learn new and exciting things. And I don't. And I guess it just really hurts to hear Sabrina complain when her life is so perfect. She's smart, has amazing friends, has a boyfriend, gets to go on dates, goes to two schools, has a familiar, and gets to experience life. And yet she still finds things wrong. She just doesn't understand how good she has it. And I'll never have any of that ever again." He explains not looking at me. I wrap my arms around him and rest my head on his shoulder.

"I'll never understand what it's like to be in your situation. But I can try to make it better. Help me understand, let me help. And we don't know that this is forever. I believe in miracles. I mean, most miracles are magic right? And aren't we magic? Who knows, maybe the universe will see what an amazing person you are and they'll realize that keeping you here isn't fair. Maybe someday we'll get to go an adventure together." I tell him. He turns to me and searches my eyes for something. I can't tell what.

"I want nothing more than to experience life for what it truly is. As long as I get to do it with you." He says. I blush and look down hoping that he won't see how red my face has gone. He lifts my chin with his fingers. His eyes switch from mine, down to my lips, and back and I take that as a sign.

We both lean in and then the real magic happens. Kissing Ambrose Spellman is like every good memory you've ever had combined in one. That's how happy my heart is when I'm with him. His hand leaves my chin and moves to the side of my face, tucking my hair behind my ear. My arms are still wrapped around him from the hug, but I move them so that they're wrapped around his neck. His other hand rests gently on my waist.

His lips are so soft and gentle. Yet something about them is hard, yet comforting. Our lips move together in some kind of silent rhythm. I would say that it matches the sound of my heart, but that's beating waaaaay too fast. His hand moves from my waist to my back and we slowly lean into the mattress. Nothing sexual, just soft and loving. I could honestly stay this way forever.

And then the screaming starts.

We sit up and look around the room before turning to each other. "Sabrina." We both take off down the stairs and sprint towards Sabrina's room. I try the handle but it's still locked from when she kept me out. I step back and attempt a unlocking spell I learned, but Ambrose has already thrown himself into the door, breaking it open. In the center of a ring of candles is Sabrina writhing and screaming on the floor.

"Sabrina!" I scream rushing over to her. I knock a couple of candles over and cradle her in my arms. "Ambrose! What's happening?" I panic looking up at him. He closes his eyes and hold his hands above Sabrina before rattling off a spell in Latin. Sabrina suddenly comes to and sits up gasping for air. I prop her up so that she's leaning against me.

"Are you alright?" I ask frantically, searching her for any sign of damage. She nods her head and catches her breath. "It- it felt like he was slithering down my throat." She explains. Ambrose grabs the water from her bedside stand and she gulps it down. While she takes a minute to collect herself, Ambrose and I clear all the candles.

"How did he do that? How did he touch me?" She asks no one in particular. "The bugger must be a higher demon. Some of them can lay hands on your astral body if they find you in the realm." Ambrose explains. "I don't want to say I told you so but....." He says under his breath with a small smirk. "I got his name." Sabrina says defiantly. "Maerceci" She says writing it down on a piece of paper before handing it to Ambrose. I try to look at it, but I'm reading it upside down. I laugh, seeing it right away. I take the paper from Ambrose's hands and flip it so that he sees what I see.

"Jesse's demon isn't Sumerian at all." Ambrose says with a laugh. "He's just a cheeky bastard with a fondness for wordplay." He says showing Sabrina that it's no name at all. Just the word ice cream written backwards. "Ice cream!?" Sabrina cries out in frustration. "Demons have an awful sense of humor." I say with a smirk. "Can you blame them? They live in hell." Ambrose says with a laugh before returning to the serious situation at hand. "Do you have any other tidbits?" Ambrose asks Sabrina.

"He said something about Uncle Jesse setting him free..." Sabrina says trailing off. "Free? From what?" I ask. Sabrina gets a wicked look on her face and marches out the door. "Sabrina? Where are you going?" I call. "You almost died!" Ambrose yells. But she's already gone.

What the fuck and I going to do about this girl.