Yule Log

A/N: Hi friends! Please leave a comment if you like the story! I want to make sure you guys like the content I put out there. <3

Freya

The next couple of weeks blur together. Mornings were spent studying or doing chores around the house. Afternoons were spent at the academy. The nights that I didn't spend at the academy were spent with either Sabrina or Ambrose. Sabrina told me that our mortal friends knew about us. And that she and Harvey were done for good. Ambrose and I spent most nights talking, cuddling, or doing other things. If you know what I mean.

Of course things were a little weird. I mean we were still hiding a stolen baby in the house. However we all chipped in to help Aunt Zelda with Leticia. Like it or not, we had all grown attached to the baby. She's just so damn cute. I'm currently standing next to the window, watching the snow gather while Sabrina continues working on the Christmas tree.

"The Christmas tree is done!" Sabrina says with a smile as she steps back to look at her work. "Sabrina, I wish you wouldn't call it that. It's a Yule Tree." Aunt Zelda says walking into the room with baby Leticia. Aunt Hilda smiles and looks up from the tray of cookies she had just set on the coffee table.

"Christmas isn't so bad Zelds" She says. "Plus, for someone who doesn't believe in it. You have got yourself quite a few present." Aunt Hilda says as she motions under the tree. I try to hide my laugh with a fake cough.

"Those are not for me Hilda! Those are for baby Leticia. Imagine, a baby in the house just in time for the holidays." Aunt Zelda says as she rocks the baby. "It couldn't be more perfect." She adds as the baby coos. "Pity the child in question was abducted." Ambrose says cheekily. I playfully glare at him and he just smirks back at me.

"Ambrose, need I remind you of the High Priest's rather Herod-like tendencies when it comes to baby girls?" Aunt Zelda asks. "What I can't fathom is how you expect to keep the babe's existence a secret." Ambrose says pulling me down onto the couch with him.

"Ambrose." I warn not wanting another argument between the two of them. Ambrose loves Leticia. But we would all be fucked if anyone ever knew the reality of who she is. "What secret? There's no secret. We all know that Leticia is a long lost Spellman sent from the old country to raise as we did Sabrina." She says with a knowing smile. We all know the story. She's engraved it into our minds.

"Anyway! We are going to roast some chestnuts, and we are going to brew some apple cider. Then we'll hunker down and watch our favorite Christmas movies." Aunt Hilda says to alleviate the tension in the room. "It's a wonderful life?" Sabrina asks. "Miracle on 34th street?" I add. Aunt Hilda nods.

"And I'll read a Christmas Carol. Even Auntie Z can appreciate that story." Ambrose says putting his arm around my shoulders."I like the ghosts in it." Aunt Zelda says as she puts Leticia into her little basket. "Speaking of ghosts, it's time to light the Yule log." Aunt Zelda says as she walks towards the fire place.

"Remember, the Yule Log is not a decoration, it is a protection. It must burn continuously from now, through the shortest day, through the longest night, until dawn." Zelda explains as she lights a match and tosses it into the woodpile, setting it on fire. I smile and kneel down in front of the fire, letting in warm my hands.

The Aunties leave the room with baby Leticia leaving just Ambrose, Sabrina, and I in the living room. I soak in the silence because I know it won't last long with the two of them together.

"Alright, what is it? You haven't said two words this past week. What's happened? Did the Grinch get to you? Or the Dark Lord perhaps?" Ambrose asks Sabrina who sighs when she sits down on the couch across from him. "Things are different this year, Ambrose. I signed my name in the Book of the Beast." Sabrina explains.