Prophecies

Freya

"Will someone please explain to me what the heaven is happening?" I ask as we weave through the mines. Be we I mean me, Brina, Nick, Roz, Harvey, and Theo. Of course my question goes unanswered. Not a surprise. The group stops walking and I almost bump into the back of Harvey.

"What is this?" Harvey asks shinning a light on one of the cave walls. I push my way past him and gasp at what I see. As if there was some kind of altar in the center of the mines, a bunch on candles are lit around a mosaic. A mosaic depicting a hell like scene. One that contains not one familiar face.... but two.

In the midst of fire and death are two girls. One with white hair and glowing white eyes, and a slightly smaller one with red hair. There's no doubt in my mind about who they are no matter how hard I try to convince myself otherwise. I look at Sabrina who looks away from the mosaic to look at me. Fear in her eyes.

"It's a prophecy, farm boy." Nick tells Harvey. "What does it mean?" Harvey asks. "It means I'm the herald of hell." Sabrina says with tears in her eyes. "And that the two of us will cause the beginning of hell on Earth." I say shakily.

"I am evil." Sabrina says as a tear rolls down her cheek.

--------------------------

Freya's POV

 The six of us are gathered around a booth in Dr. C's while Harvey tries to recreate the mosaic by drawing it. Making sure we remember what it looked like. I play with the straw in my milkshake but never bring it to my lips. What the fuck is going on. Should I even be near Sabrina right now? 

"Sabrina? Freya? Are you alright?" Roz asks, snapping me out of my weird funk. "I don't know about Brina but I'm just swell." I say as I keep playing with my straw. "No. No, I don't think I am." Sabrina says as she leans into Nick's side. The table is divided. Witches on one side. Mortals on the other.

"Look, we don't know what this thing means, or why it was even down there. So, I don't think that we should assume the worst." Roz says trying to ease the tension. "Roz, a picture of our faces were in a mosaic that was hundred, if not thousands, of years old. I'm pretty sure that, whatever it is, it's not a good thing." Sabrina explains. 

"Here, here." I say as I finally take a sip of my milkshake. "Sabrina, you said you were the Herald of Hell. But what does that make Freya?" Theo asks. "It was just a guess, Theo." Sabrina says pushing the thought aside. Only it wasn't a guess.

"Through the imagery surrounding the picture is definitely apocalyptic and infernal in nature." Nick points out. "Dude, not helping." Harvey says with a sigh. "I should go back into the mines and board up tunnel 13, so no one else sees... that." He says.

"Or finds the albino witch that I killed because she was guarding it." Theo adds casually. "Good plan, Harry." Nick says. "It's Harvey." Sabrina says under her breath. "In the meantime, we will try to get some real answers." Nick says, clearly unfazed by the correction.

"Can I borrow the drawing Harvey? Just in case we need to show it to someone?" I ask. Harvey nods and slides the finished picture over to me. We sit there in awkward silence for a moment before we all file out the door and go our separate ways.

"We should go to the academy and have Cassius pull every book he has about the Apocalypse, prophecies, and being the Herald of Hell." Nick says when we reach the tree line. Back into the woods we go. "We will. But first, let's try Miss Wardwell." Sabrina explains. 

"Well you two can go handle that. That woman gives me to creeps. I don't trust her and neither should you, Brina. I'll go check the books Ambrose has in our room and we can meet up later. Here." I tell her as I pull out the drawing. I mumble a spell under my breath and hand Sabrina a copy. "Take this." 

"Thanks Freya. We'll figure this out." Sabrina says with a half smile. I nod and I split off from them. Making my way back to the Spellman house. I make my way up the stairs and kneel in front of the bookcase in our room. I lay out the drawing and start pulling books that look like they might be able to help. 

"Here goes nothing." I say with a sigh as I start flipping through the pages. The door to the bathroom creaks open and Ambrose walks out in nothing but a towel. Normally I would jump on this opportunity, but I have other things to worry about. Sex can wait. The end of the world can't.

"Sorry love, didn't know you'd be home. Should I have waited?" He asks with a smile. "Hm? No that's alright. I'm a little busy." I say not really turning my attention towards him. "Is something wrong?" He asks as he leans down to look over my shoulder. "Isn't something always wrong?" I tell him. I look up at him and give him a quick kiss. 

"Apocalyptic prophecies? Should I be concerned?" He asks with a smile. I see him skim the book and he goes to move one, which uncovers the drawing that Harvey made. I feel him tense up. "Why can't we have a normal night? Order a pizza or something? No. It's always something with you two." He says. 

"Let me get dressed. Then you have some explaining to do." He says as he heads over to one of the dressers. "You're not mad?" I ask. "Mad? More like concerned. But if what I see in that picture is correct? I'm dating one of the most powerful and badass witches that ever existed. I can get behind that." He says with a wink.

"Always the charmer."

-------------------------------------

Freya's POV

Ambrose wraps a blanket around my shoulders before going back to the book he was looking at. Praise Satan I have this man to help me through this. I groan and close my book before reaching for another one. So far... nothing. Nothing that has given me any insight about anything.

"Freya? Ambrose?" Sabrina asks coming into the room. "Hey Brina. Find anything out?" I ask from the floor. She sighs and sits down next to me, facing Ambrose. "I talked to Wardwell. She agrees that I'm probably the Herald of Hell." She says. Her eyes widen and she looks at Ambrose.

"I've already told him everything." I say looking at her, mentally telling her to keep talking. "Please don't tell the Aunties." Sabrina pleads. "Tell the Aunties what? That the apocalypse is imminent and you are a key player?" Ambrose says raising his eyebrows. 

"Ignore him, what else did Wardwell say? Does she know how to stop it?" I ask, making Sabrina turn back to me. "Yes and no. There is one way. But I have a feeling that neither of you are going to like it." Sabrina says.

"Have you ever heard of a mandrake spell?" Sabrina asks. Ambrose nods. Mandrake? Mandrake? Oh! That's the spell Parker used to get rid of her witch powers when she wanted to be with Mason. Of course- why didn't I think of this sooner.

"But doesn't that mean-" "That I'll no longer be a witch... yeah." Sabrina says sadly. "You'd be killing yourself. If you go through with this. It would be (A/N TRIGGER WARNING) suicide. Witch suicide. Without your powers, you will age, wither, and die like a mortal." Ambrose explains. 

"My life is not my own. Again, I'm a pawn in the Dark Lord's sick, perverse game." Sabrina says crying. "Well if we are going to do it, we're going to do it properly." Ambrose says standing. I know seeing Sabrina cry is one of his weaknesses. 

He and Sabrina start talking and gathering things around the room. I can't believe we are actually going through with this. I mean it worked for Parker, right? Until the Dark Lord gave her her powers back. I freeze. The Dark Lord gave her her powers back. I turn to tell Sabrina and Ambrose but they've already started to make their way downstairs. I gulp and follow after them. 

Nothing to worry about.

Right?