WICCA

Freya

Same as most mornings. I'm standing by Sabrina's locker wondering how the hell I managed to get myself out of bed earlier than usual. I wanted to make a good impression on the Spellmans. I mean I had met Aunt Hilda and Aunt Zelda before, but this time I would be in their house. Plus Sabrina always mentions a cousin. You only ever get one shot at a first impression. So I figured that I might as well try to look my best.

Thank god I grabbed my jean jacket before leaving or else I would have been chilly today

Thank god I grabbed my jean jacket before leaving or else I would have been chilly today. It was one of the nicer days in Greendale but one little breeze later, your basically a popsicle. Sabrina and Roz are right on time as usual. Chipper as always. 

"Hey, Roz and I are going to run to the Principal's office real quick to submit our club proposal. Want to come with?" Sabrina asks. Knowing Principal Hawthorne, this is going to end badly. So I just nod. When this thing gets shut down at least I can be there for support. 

Luckily Sabrina's locker is close to the Principal's office so it isn't a far walk. "Hi Mrs. Meeks! We were just wondering, is Principal Hawthorne in yet?" Sabrina asks with her smile that she only uses on teacher so they will like her. I wouldn't say she's a kiss ass but she is a kiss ass. "Good morning Sabrina. Girls. Um...Principal Hawthorne won't be coming in today. He's had a...shock." She explains. 

"Oh shoot!" Sabrina says dramatically which is weird but not uncommon. "We have a club proposal that we were hoping to get approved today." Mrs. Meeks just smiles and holds out her hand.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Holy shit you did it Brina!" I whisper yell as we run out of the office.

"Hawthorne has never been sick a day in his life! What did you do, stick pins in a voodoo doll?" Roz adds. We all laugh and run down the hall. We were given permission to skip first period to make poster for our new club. As we run down the hallway I spot Susie and call her over. "We need your help come on." I explain grabbing her arm and running to catch up with Brina and Roz. 

Once we get to the library I throw myself down on the couch. "I can't believe this actually worked." I admitted. I was all for this club. I think it is exactly what this school needed. I just didn't get too involved at first because I thought that there was NO WAY that it would get approved. "What worked?" Susie asks. Roz and Brina glance at each other.

"WICCA. The Women's Intersectional Cultural and Creative Association! It was approved!" Roz yells. "Aw you guys! I'm so happy for you. You aren't doing this just for me, are you?" Susie asks. "It's for all of us," Brina explains. "53% of Baxter High is female. The school needs a club like this."

"But yes, if anyone messes with you again, you will have recognized, legitimate sisterhood backing you up." I say standing and wrapping my arms around Susie. She's shorter than me so when I hug her from behind I'm at the perfect height to rest my chin on her shoulder. "We are all in this together ladies." 

We all get started on the posters right away. Which colors do we pick? How big do we want the font? There are so many decisions to make. Five minutes in and we are covered in glitter and glue and there is paper scraps everywhere. I can guarantee that the janitor is going to hate us after this. 

As I'm sticking a piece of ribbon covered in glue to Susie's nose, the librarian comes over and tells Sabrina that she is needed in Miss Wardwell's office. 

"Hey Frey, wanna go to Dr. C's with Susie and I tongiht?" Roz asks. "I wish I could. I'm too busy third wheeling to the orchard with Harvey and Sabrina." Susie pretends to gag. "Why would you do that to yourself?" She asks. I just shrug. "It's a big orchard. Besides Winter needs pumpkins for carving."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harvey's truck wasn't the best mode of transportation. It was only one row of seats so I pushed myself as far as I could against the passenger's door. That way I didn't have any contact with Sabrina and Harvey's cuddle fest. How that boy stayed focused on the road is a bit of a mystery to me. 

Once we stop, I basically throw myself out of the truck. "Damn Freya could you get out any sooner?" Harvey jokes. "The more time I spend with you two lovebirds the more I realize that I'm just going to die alone with my 7 cats." I joke. 

Sabrina grabs Harvey's hand and starts leading him towards the apple trees. "Alright yeah, that's fine. I'm just going to grab some pumpkins anyway. Don't mind me." I call after them. I roll my eyes and starts walking towards the pumpkins when I hear footsteps come up behind me.

"Hey wait up- Sabrina said I should help you pick out the pumpkins. Plus you're going to need help carrying them back to the truck." He explains. "I'm a big girl, I could have gotten them back. It would have taken me a few trips but hey." We laugh.

It's like a sea of orange. There's easily over 500 pumpkins in this patch. Families are running around, kids are picking the best pumpkins, parents are lugging them back to their cars. I love this time of year. There is nothing better than the family getting together to celebrate a spooky time of year. 

"Hey Freya! Do these look big enough? Or are they too big?" Harvey asks motioning to a bunch of pumpkins. I smile. "No those are perfect. Let's grab 5. One for me, one for winter, mason, Parker, and let's grab one for Sabrina. She loooooves making jack o lanterns for trick or treaters." 

I wanted to grab one of those little red wagons to move the pumpkins across the patch, but there weren't any left. They were all taken by families with small children. Not that I minded. They were out here to have a good time. 

Once we got the pumpkins into the back of the truck, the sun was definitely starting to set. "Hey Harvey, how long has it been since we've seen Sabrina?" I ask wiping my hands on my dress. They weren't dirty enough the stain but I wanted the gross feeling off my hands. "I don't know. I'll go check on her. Wait here and I'll be right back." I give him a salute and climb into the bed of the truck and swing my legs over the side. I could be here a while. For all I know they will get lost in the maze and start making out or something. 

Oh well. 

Fuck. I forgot to call Parker.