First Day Jitters

Freya

"No no no. The fly is about body dysmorphia." Susie says as I take a sip of my chocolate shake. It had been awhile since I had seen my mortal friends. So when Friday rolled around, I jumped on the opportunity to see then again for a quick snack at Dr. C's. Sure, they had questions about why I had suddenly transferred, but I managed to push those questions aside with a little convincing charm that Ambrose showed me. 

"Guys...what are we doing this weekend?" Roz asks with a smile. "Well, my dad is going to the Farm expo so I'm stuck at home by myself." Susie says with a sigh. "Let's have a girls night." Roz cheers with a big smile. "Please?" She asks when none of us respond. "My mom and dad are trying to get me to lead this youth group at their church this weekend. Staying with you would give me the perfect excuse not to." She pleads to Susie. After a moment of hesitation, Susie cracks and agrees.

"Freya? Brina?" Roz asks hopefully. "Actually, we'll be at the expo too this weekend. I'm helping my Aunt Hilda sell her honey and I asked Freya to come along so I don't die of boredom." Sabrina says cooly. I silently thank her because if I had to come up with a lie on my own, I'd be fucked. I mean how else am I supposed to not tell them that we start at the academy tonight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Freya

Later that day, I sit with Ambrose in Sabrina's room while she packs her bag. I was so excited that I finished packing hours ago. Only Sabrina did not seem to be nearly as stoked.

"Aren't you even a little bit excited?" Ambrose says as he puts an arm along the back of the small couch that we were sitting on. If I leaned back even just a little, his arm would be around me. Instead of making things awkward for all of us, I stick with just our knees touching as we sit next to each other.

"I'm stressed, Ambrose." Sabrina says while throwing her stuff in her bag. "Starting a new school is stressful. Not to mention I'm lying to Harvey and Roz and Susie. AND I don't see why I have to be at the academy for three whole nights."

"It's our induction Sabrina!" I chirp trying to make the situation lighter. "Cousin, you and Frey are on the precipice of a stupendous new adventure at the Academy of Unseen Arts. You will meet interesting witches and warlocks from all over the world. Some of them, a great many of them, will be hot." Ambrose tells Sabrina as he walks over to her. He turns to me and I raise an eyebrow. I've already met my hot warlock. 

"Ambrose, I'm not going to the academy to hook up with hot warlocks. I'm going to the academy to learn how to defeat the Dark Lord." She says with a huff. "She wants to learn how to conjure him, bind him, and then banish him." I tell Ambrose, rising from my seat and brushing off my skirt. 

He gives me a once over with a smile before Sabrina and I grab our bags and head downstairs

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Freya

Aunt Hilda gives us another bone crushing hug. Zelda gives us another 'when I was your age' story about how much she loved her time at the academy. Sabrina and I walk towards the front hall when a voice calls out from the stairs. 

"And no good bye for me?" Ambrose asks with a smirk. Sabrina runs up the stairs and gives him a hug. She descends the stairs and his gaze falls on me. I roll my eyes and meet him halfway. He opens his arms and cuddle up to him in a hug. "I think I might actually miss you." He says into my hair. I laugh. "Calm down Romeo, I'll only be gone for three nights." I say placing a quick peck on his cheek. With that, I turn and march out the door ignoring all the stares being cast my way.

The walk to the academy wasn't far. Just a stroll through the woods. It could have been 30 minutes, but to me it only felt like 5.

"So..... you and my cousin?" She asks with a sly smile. I roll my eyes and keep walking. "What about it?" I ask innocently. "You two are totally into each other! I can tell! Like on my birthday, and in my room last night, and even just now!" She says excitedly. "Just think- you could be my cousin in law some day!" I scoff. "Geez Sabrina, I kiss a guy once and now you expect me to marry him?" I joke. She stops dead in her tracks. "You kissed Ambrose?!?" She squeals. Oh shit. I forgot I didn't tell her that. 

"I need details, now. Like a decent amount but not too many because he is my cousin and you are my best friend but like you know what I mean-" "Sabrina stop. You should breathe in between sentences." I say with a smile. "I'll tell you... but I think we're here." I say looking up at an old train station. I gulp not realizing how nervous I was until this moment. 

"Pardon me." A little boy says appearing out of thin air. "Are you Sabrina and Freya?" He asks. "We are." I say with a smile. I've always loved children. Not in a creepy way obviously. I used to hate them, but ever since Winter was born, I love them.

"I'm Quentin. We've been expecting you. This way, please." He says before turning towards the large double doors. The doors open and I'm greeted by the most aesthetically pleasing room that I've ever seen. Everywhere you look there are beautiful shades of red and black. It almost seemed as if every room was the exact same shape. I guess Quentin read my mind because he starts talking about it.

"The academy was built according to the principles of sacred geometry. Each room is a perfectly proportioned pentagon that locks with the one next to it. No one knows how many pentagons there are exactly. Some say an infinite number." He explains as we walk up to a large statue of the Dark Lord. 

Unholy shit this is going to be fun.