From Bad to Worse

Freya's POV

"Soooo what is this place again?" Lizzie asks as she and the rest of the cheer team walk into the academy and into the stone circle. "And like, not to be weird but who are all these weird people?" She asks as members of the coven walk in behind us. 

"It's a multiuse performance space. You know, perfect for a flash mob." Sabrina explains quickly. "They are here to help us out. Give us pointers." I add. Lizzie nods and sets up the little radio. The girls all line up in formation and the coven does as well. Lizzie counts us down before she hits the play button. 

Oh Mickey starts playing and the Ravenettes lose their minds. Sabrina and I manage to slip away and join the coven as the girls keep on with the routine. Ambrose hands me a small doll that is supposed to resemble Aunt Zelda and hands the Aunt Hilda doll to Sabrina.

"Goddess Terpischore, Mother of Dance. We offer you muses enchant them with a trance." Ambrose starts. "Let body and movement and spirit romance. You powers to our coven, dark magics enhance." We all slowly join in. We repeat the lines of the spell in time with the rhythm of the song. I can't help but notice the cheerleaders become less and less energetic. Hey Mickey quickly comes to a close and Sabrina and I jump back up into our positions as if we never left.

"Go Ravenettes! How are we feeling?" Sabrina asks.  "A little woozy." One girl answers. "Kinda like that one time Billy gave me mono." Lizzie adds. "Billy gave you mo- you know what that doesn't matter. Good practice. Everyone should get some rest." I tell the team. 

"Well well." We all whip around to see Faustus Blackwood standing at the door of the academy. Shit. "I see the Academy's changed in my absence." He says with a snarl. "Lucifer." Sabrina warns. "Guess again." Blackwood says as he takes a step forward.

Shit again.

Sabrina quickly spirits the cheer team away and casts a spell that causes all the doors in the academy to slam and lock. "Everyone grab hands!" She demands. The coven gathers in the middle of the stones and Sabrina then spirits us away....... to Hell.

"Sabrina.... where did you bring us?" Prudence asks as she looks around the golden throne room. I see Ambrose put the pieces together in his mind and he looks stressed. "Pandemonium. Everyone will be safe here." Sabrina explains.

"Safe? You've just sent what remains of our coven to Hell." Prudence basically yells. "And we've left the dolls behind." Ambrose says panicked. "I can go get them-" "No. Sabrina it's too dangerous." Ambrose warns. In Sabrina fashion, of course she doesn't listen. She's gone before any of us can stop her. 

"Freya... what do we do now?" Prudence asks. "Well...um. We could-" "We are really screwed now." Sabrina says as she spirits back to Hell. "I bumped back into Blackwood. He's no longer bonded with the Dark Lord which means we've got to worry about my father now too." She explains as she thrusts the dolls in my arms. 

"Yes you do daughter." Lucifer's voice booms throughout the throne room. "You've got to be shitting me." I mumble under my breath. Lucifer literally struts into the room with Lilith on his heels. Not surprising any of us in the slightest. That bitch.

"Lucifer and Lilith. The dream team back together." Sabrina taunts. "Don't mistake survival or co-dependency for love. We are very much not together." Lilith explains. "Playtime is over Sabrina. The Kings have called for the third challenge of the Unholy Regalia." Lucifer explains. 

"The challenge is still on?" I ask. "You must retrieve Judas's 30 pieces of silver and secure the infernal throne for the house of Morningstar." Lucifer says ignoring me completely. "Unfortunately, my family needs me back on Earth." Sabrina snips back.

"I am your family, Sabrina! And though you've betrayed me I will see you upon the throne ruling by my side." Lucifer growls. "My Aunties are on death's door-" "Yes but you asked me to deliver the dolls to them. Right Sabrina?" I say cutting her off. She turns to me and gives me a confused glance. Please please please go with it.

"But you can't go alone." Sabrina decides. Praise whoever. "She won't be. Ambrose and I will go with her." Prudence says stepping forward. "Are you saying you want me to go on this quest?" Sabrina questions. I slowly nod.

"The power siphoning might have worked but perhaps only temporarily. There may be a battle to be fought with Blackwood tonight, yes, but there is a much bigger war brewing. The pagans are coming for all of us, and the Unholy Regalia would give you the infernal power to defeat them." Ambrose explains. 

"Then it's decided. Sabrina, you shall win the final challenge and take your place as Queen of Hell, keeping the throne warm for your little brother." Lilith says with a wicked smile as she places a hand on her lower stomach. You've got to be kidding me. 

"Right, and all I have to do is betray my aunties." Sabrina says with a sigh. "This is the Judas challenge. Betrayal was kind of his thing." Ambrose points out. "Freya, Ambrose, Prudence, protect the Spellman house and our Aunties at all costs. The rest of the coven must stay here. No more of us can die." Sabrina demands.

"Of course. Anything for a future Queen." I say with a smile. Lilith funnels the rest of the coven to the library and I had off the dolls to Ambrose. I rush forward and grab Sabrina in a hug.

"Go kick some ass out there." I whisper into her hair. "And go keep our family safe. We've got this. Love you Freya." She tells me as she squeezes me back. "I love you too Sabrina. See you on the other side."