Miracles

A/N Most blessed of birthdays to Chance <3

Freya's POV

Nothing any of us could do would stop the bleeding. None of Nick's spells. None of Aunt Hilda's herbs. None of my stitches. The others had started to accept the fact that this might be it for Ambrose. But there was no way in heaven I was anywhere near giving up.

"Freya. Please. Just look at me." Ambrose says softly as he tries taking my hand. "Ambrose, not now. I need to fix this." I say as I pull my attention back to trying to stitch up the wound. It's not helping but I need to feel like I'm doing something. Ambrose groans in pain.

"It's not use, love." He says quietly. I stop and look him in the eyes. "You're not leaving me. I won't allow it." I tell him. I'm surprised I'm not crying more. Every now and then a tear will fall over, but they are mainly tears of frustration. I'm frustrated that no one is helping anymore. Frustrated that everyone has lost hope. Even Ambrose. Ambrose closes his eyes and his breath gets shallower and shallower. I place my hands over his heart and try to conjure up all my energy to bring some spark of life back into him.

"Freya, sweetheart. You'll drain yourself in the process." Aunt Hilda says from the other side of Ambrose. "Then so be it." I tell her. She sighs and rubs Ambrose's hand. Trying to comfort him? Trying to let him know that he's not alone? I'm not too sure. 

"Freya... come on." Nick says from behind me. He attempts to pull my shoulder away but I push against him. Nothing will take me away from where I am. Nothing. Nick sighs and sits down on one of the nearby beds. I take the bloody washcloth off of Ambrose's forehead and attempt to ring out the blood before dipping it back in cool water. 

"Thank you." He whispers quietly. I just lean down and place a gentle kiss on his lips. It's almost as if he's made of glass and I'm too afraid to hurt him. He closes his eyes in content and I lean in to make sure he's still breathing. He is. I sigh and lean back onto my heels because my knees hurt from kneeling beside the bed all this time.

"We'll get through this Hale." Nick says putting a comforting hand on my shoulder. "We better. He better." I say sadly. Nick is about to kneel down in front of me and say something comforting (I think?) when the doors bust open and a bunch of witches and warlocks from the coven come rushing in.

"Freya? Hilda?" Harvey calls as he pushes through the crowd. "Harvey?" I ask. I go to rush to him to see Sabrina when I notice she's passed out in Harvey's arms. Her body littered in arrows. Nick instantly goes into boyfriend protection mode and sets up another work station on one of the beds. All the witches gather around Sabrina and I have to fight my way through them to get to her.

"Sabrina?! Sabrina what-" I stare down at her unmoving body. I swear a cold chill runs all the way down my spine. "Is... is she?" I ask. Nick looks up from Sabrina's side and nods. The room spins. It can't be real. There's no way Sabrina Spellman, my best friend, is dead. I start pushing witches and warlocks out of my way to get closer. Not caring if I hurt anyone in the process. 

"Freya- wait." Nick says as he steps in between me and Brina's body before I can throw myself down next to her. He catches me in his arms and we sink to our knees on the floor. Both of us in hysterics. Nick manages to look up at Harvey and muster up the courage to speak.

"Tell me what happened, mortal." He spits. "She was in the air, floating. Her eyes were white. And she did all these crazy things, and then..." Harvey says quickly before pausing. "And then?" I choke out. "And then she collapsed. Like the... light had gone out of her." Harvey explains. I choke back another sob and Nick's grip on the hug tightens. His bad boy reputation out the window. 

"Freya!?" Aunt Hilda cries out from across the room. I look up and see Ambrose convulsing worse than he had been before. I wipe my eyes and try to get up, but my kneels fail me. Harvey takes one arm and Nick takes the other to pull me up. They help me across the room to Ambrose. It's not until this moment that things start to set in. Ambrose is dying. 

"Ambrose? Love?" I ask rushing over to him. He looks at me with wild eyes. I know he's trying to tell me something but he's choking on his own blood. I prop his head up and scooch behind him, resting his head in my lap. "It's okay love. Just relax. It's going to be okay." I say. 

This whole time I've tried not to lose my shit in front of him. I kept telling myself that I had to be strong. I would not let this version of me be the last that Ambrose sees. I keep kissing his forehead but he just gets worse and worse. I'm drenched in his blood. 

"I love you Ambrose Spellman. I always have and I always will." I tell him. He convulses some more but one of his hands reaches up and touches my cheek. Leaving a bloody handprint behind. I tell myself that it's his way of telling me that he loves me too. "What did they do to you?" Aunt Hilda cries.

"I can help." a voice says from behind the crowd of on looking witches and wizards. We all turn and the crowd parts. And there is Sabrina Spellman. Arrows in her hand. No signs of blood. Or any wounds really. And she definitely doesn't look like she had just died.

Sabrina walks towards us and she sits down on the bed next to Ambrose. "Ambrose, listen to me." Sabrina says quietly. His eyes leave mine and focus on her. Sabrina grabs my hands in hers and she places our hands over his wounds.

"You're okay." She says calmly. "Your heart's strong. Your body is healing itself. Your wounds are shutting. You're going to be just fine." She says. Ambrose stops convulsing and leans his head down into my lap. He lets out a sigh of relief before passing out. Aunt Hilda leans forward and pulls open his shirt and inspects where the wound is.... or was.

"He's healed?" She says stunned. The place where Ambrose had been stabbed is now nothing but a bruise. "How-how can that be?" I stammer. I look between him and Sabrina. Sabrina smiles softly at me.

"Because you and I are unstoppable Freya." She says. I just look at her. "But- you were..." I stammer. She rises off the bed and looks down at us before turning and walking away. I lean down and make sure Ambrose is breathing. His heart rate it normal. His breathing steady. What kind of miracle?

I push all these thoughts away. Never mind the confusion. Forget those angels. Ambrose was alive and he was going to be okay. 

Praise Satan.