Not Today Satan

Freya's POV

"That's not true. Surely, it can't be true, Aunties?" Ambrose stutters once we tell them what happened. The Aunties are on either side of Sabrina, consoling her while Ambrose is holding me on the opposite couch. 

"Of course not, He's the Father of Lies. This is but a fabrication." Aunt Zelda says. "Did my father offer up my mother like a piece of meat? Or was my mother a part of it?" Sabrina questions. "Edward loved Diana, Sabrina, of that much I am certain." Aunt Zelda tells her. 

"However... it might be possible that it's somewhat true." Aunt Hilda says quietly. "Unholy shit." Ambrose mutters. "What on Earth are you babbling about? He was out brother!" Aunt Zelda says. "Yes. And I was Diana's midwife, if you remember. Me. Not you." Aunt Hilda counters.

"Sabrina, she was so happy and so very proud when she found out she was pregnant, because-" "Because what auntie?" "Because they really struggled to have a baby. So they went to the dark Lord and asked them to bless them with a child. And he did. But then later Diana came to me and she said she was worried about the baby because well she thought the baby wasn't Edward's..." She said trailing off.

"Hilda- you knew and didn't say?" Aunt Zelda gasped. "No, I didn't know anything!" Aunt Hilda exclaimed. "But why... why would the Dark Lord want to so such a thing?" Aunt Zelda asked. "Don't you see, Aunties? I have read of such tales in apocryphal books on Satanic lore. In siring a babe of witch, mortal, and infernal blood, he perverts the Holy Trinity." Ambrose explains. 

"A sacrilegious conception to birth an only ill-begotten child of his own and instigate the Apocalypse." I say finishing Ambrose's train of thought. "So he tricked my father and used my mother?" Sabrina asks angrily. "And now he expects me to fall in line? Well, I say, not today Satan! I don't care who the Dark Lord is to me. I'm a Spellman and I will always be a Spellman. And I'll fight him until my last dying breath." Sabrina says. 

"I just don't know how yet." She adds quietly. "Well, I might have an idea about that." Lilith says strolling into the house for the second time. This bitch. "May I come in?" She asks although she is very much already inside.

"And why would you want to turn against the Dark Lord now?" Aunt Zelda asks. "Well perhaps someone's defiance has given me hope. That my story isn't finished yet. That my destiny hasn't been decided yet." Lilith explains. 

"That's bullshit." I tell her. "Fine. It's because I want the throne and crown." She admits while she glares at me. "I've worked for them, I've earned them, they're mine. And if he won't give them to me then let's gut the bastard and I'll take them for myself." She says with a smile.

"At least you're being honest." Sabrina says with a sigh. "But what do we do against the Dark Lord? I mean, he's a bit of a god, isn't he?" Aunt Hilda asks. "No, he's not a god and never had been. That's one of the Devil's greatest lies. He's just a fallen angel, a creature of the cosmos. Powerfully ageless, but I've seen him bleed. And I know his weak spots." Lilith explains. "If you wish for me to tell you." She adds with a smirk. 

"How do we do it?" Sabrina asks with an equally evil smirk. "You're powerless right now, and that's to your advantage. He thinks you're helpless. But he underestimates your secret weapon. Your family. He's expecting you at the alter in the woods. You'll go there with Freya, with no weapons." Lilith says.

"You want me to go unarmed?" Sabrina asks in shock. "No, you will be armed, but not with a weapon. And you two won't be alone. Now, does anyone know how to smelt?" Lilith asks. I smirk and look over to my mega hot warlock boyfriend who raises his hand. 

-----------------------------

Freya's POV

Sabrina and I stand in the clearing by the altar. It's showtime baby. We stand there, hand in hand. I'm going to be honest, I am terrified. This hard to work. It had too. We are about to do the most dangerous stunt in witch history. Advised by Lilith, who has steered us in every wrong direction thus far. 

"Girls. You came." The Dark Lord says coming into the clearing. I squeeze Sabrina's hand. "Turn and face me, my daughter." He says with a wicked smirk. "As you wish my Lord and Father." Sabrina says looking him dead in the eyes. I try to remember what Lilith told us- keep his eyes on us the whole time. 

"Today we sound Gabriel's Horn to unlock the Gates of Hell. Do you still have your doubts?" He asks Sabrina. "No, My Lord. I put myself in your thrall." Sabrina says. "Willingly." I say as I slowly drop to my knees in a bow. 

"Dark Lord. Lucifer Morningstar. Father." Sabrina says as she joins me on the ground. "I praise thee." She adds. She looks over and winks at me. Without hesitation I reach into my back pocket and pull out one of the two horseshoes made of pure Iron that Ambrose has smelted for us. Locking him in his spot. Sabrina does the same with his other foot. The Dark Lord struggles for a moment before glaring at us.

"Girls..." He warns. "Ambrose!" Sabrina calls. Ambrose appears in the clearing and starts shooting flames out of his hands towards the Dark Lord. Lucifer covers his face and tries to defend himself. With a wave of his hand, he freezes Ambrose mid spell. 

"Aunties!" I scream. Aunt Hilda and Zelda rush into the clearing and pull out their two iron spikes, also smelted by Ambrose. The lunge forward and stab them into where the Dark Lord's wounds from his wings are on his back. The Dark Lord howls in pain and his beautiful features are back to being his beastly ones. The Dark Lord howls and reaches back, grabbing the two makeshift daggers and rips them out of his back. His angelic features reappearing. 

"Move!" Aunt Zelda cries, pushing Sabrina and I away from him. "Well planned, but fruitless." The Dark Lord taunts. His feet are unrooted by the horseshoes. "Only the Spear of Longinus could kill me." He says. I turn and rush over to Ambrose who is still frozen in place.

"Wait!" Sabrina screams and Lucifer throws the spikes forward. They pause in mid air just as they brush against the Aunties necks. Lucifer waved his hand and sent Ambrose backwards, knocking him out. I whimper and kneel down beside him, making sure he's okay.

"I shouldn't be surprised. You are, after all, my daughter. And I had wanted to keep things civil, but if blood must be shed-" "Please, please don't." Sabrina pleads. "Or you can blow Gabriel's Horn." Lucifer tells Sabrina. Sabrina looks to her Aunties and then to Ambrose and I. 

"I'll- I'll do it." She says quietly. "I knew you would." The Dark Lord says turning to me. I'm confused for a second before I realize that there is something heavy now in my hands. A long, old horn. Gabriel's no doubt. Suddenly I stand and start walking towards Sabrina. It's as if I'm not even in control of my own body. I want to turn in run but my legs carry me towards Sabrina and the Dark Lord. I drop to my knees in front of Sabrina and offer her the horn. 

What am I doing? What's going on? Sabrina takes the horn out of my hands and stares down at me. My eyes start to water. This is it huh? The end of the world? I pray my family is safe. I hope Winter gets to grow old and become the badass witch she's meant to be. I pray my mortal friends are no where near the gates of hell when they open. I hope the weird sisters will protect the school. 

"Sabrina, no!" Aunt Zelda cries out. Sabrina looks at them sadly before raising the horn to her lips and blowing as hard as she can. It truly is an evil noise that comes out of the end of that horn. I want to cover my ears and flinch, but I can't. 

"There. The damnation game begins in earnest. I shall expect you all to attend my daughter's coronation." The Dark Lord tells us all. "Defy me again and I won't hesitate." He warns Sabrina before disappearing. 

The knives at Aunt Hilda and Aunt Zelda's necks drop and Ambrose wakes up. He gets up and runs over to me as I cry on my knees. 

"What's happened? Is it over?" He asks frantically.

Oh no. It's only just begun.