Don't Leave Me

Freya's POV

"What could you possibly mean by that!?" I ask as I slam my tea cup down. "Freya, please, you're supposed to be resting." Ambrose says with a sigh. "Oh, really? So you thought you could tell me that you're leaving and you expect me to be RELAXED?!" I basically screech the last part.

"I knew this wouldn't go well." Ambrose says putting his head in his hands. "Just explain to me what's going on. Please." I basically beg. Ambrose sighs and looks at me. "Blackwood took the twins and fled. We don't know where he is. Prudence and I are going to track him and kill him." He explains. 

"Then let me come with you! I could help." I say as I grab onto his hands. "It's too dangerous for you." He says. "TOO DANGEROUS?" "Ah shit. Here we go." "What do you mean too dangerous?" I ask. "Freya, you could have died tonight. Okay? I'm worried about you." He tells me.

"I almost died tonight? How about all the times you almost died in the past month alone?" I counter. Ambrose goes to argue against this but realizes that I am indeed right in this one. "I don't understand. Do you not want me to come? Are you trying to get away from me?" I ask. His eyes widen and he squeezes my hands.

"Of course not, love. I just don't think that it's the best idea for you to come with us." He says. "What ever happened to wanting to travel the world with me? To going on adventures? To spending every second of forever together?" I ask. I stand up and start to pace the room. Tripping on my gown a few times.

"We can still do all that. But Blackwood is out there and he is dangerous." Ambrose explains. "Look, if this is about Prudence-" "This has nothing to do with her." I say. He looks surprised by this. "It doesn't?" He asks. "I mean the girl harrowed you. You walked in on our-"

"I trust Prudence. And I trust you. So don't try to make this about her." I say calmly. Ambrose sighs and stands up, meeting me in the center of our room. "This isn't a decision I'm making lightly." He says as he pulls me into his arms. I want to push him away, but another part of me doesn't because I don't know when we might be able to do this again.

"How long?" I ask as I look up at him. "How long will you be gone?" He kisses my forehead. "I'm not sure. Could be weeks. Months. Possibly years." He admits. I tense up and he feels it. He rubs my arms and tries to calm me down. "Years?" I squeak.

"Possibly. But don't worry, I'll return to you as soon as possible. Tomorrow when we-" "You're leaving tomorrow?" I ask, cutting him off. He nods sadly. "Please don't go. Please don't leave me." I say as tears start to form in my eyes.

"Please, don't cry. I won't be able to leave if you cry." He says as he holds my face in his hands. "Don't tell me that. I'll cry harder on purpose." I joke lightly. He chuckles and kisses the top of my head again. I quickly look up and pull him down to me. 

"I love you." I tell him as I kiss his lips. "I love you so much." I tell him as I kiss him again. "I love you too." He says quietly as he pulls me in. This kiss different from the other ones. There's a sense of desperation. Who knows how long it will be until I get to kiss him again.

 His hands leave my waist and start fumbling with the zipper at the back of my dress. It doesn't hit me how heavy the gown actually was until I heard it thud when it hit the floor. I use the palms of my hands to push back Ambrose's robe, pushing it to the floor. 

"I love you so much." He whispers as he gently picks me up, out of my dress, and places me onto our bed. It's cold outside so I cuddle up to him, feeling my body heat up. He crawls on top of me and begins kissing down the side of my face, down my neck, and down my body. 

I could cry at how happy this boy makes me. I pull his face back up to mine and kiss him as deeply as I can. Might as well give him a night to remember.

-------------------------------------

Freya's POV

I wake up a few hours later, tangled in the sheets. I look over to a clock but it's too dark out to see the time. I roll over to reach for Ambrose but he isn't there. I laugh at the sight of my dress just thrown to one side of the room. I sigh and grab his pillow, holding it and cuddling it as if he was still here with me. That's when my fingers run across something papery. 

I lift my head and look at the pillow... that's when I notice the note.

"Freya,

Nothing has ever hurt me more than writing this. Seeing you sleeping a few feet away from me makes me want to do nothing more than to just crawl back into bed with you. I don't know how long I'll be gone, but know that I'll be thinking about you the whole time. You're always on my mind and that won't change now. I love you so much Freya. You are my everything. I owe so much to you and what you've done for me. Please take care of the Aunties and Sabrina. Satan knows that they'll need it. Please explain where I've gone. You've always been better with words than I have. I hope you won't mind, but I've taken one of your scrunchies. I just need something of yours with me at all times. I should be gone before you wake up, but know that I love you so much Freya. I really do. And know that when I get back I plan on making you a Spellman. Now that's a promise. 

I love you Freya Hale. 

Love,

Ambrose"

I hold back the tears and smile at how lovely my boyfriend is. I'm about to fall back asleep with the note in my hands when I hear some commotion downstairs. Maybe I'm not too late after all. I grab one of Ambrose's robes off the hanger and cover myself as I run down the stairs. Kai right on my heels. I run out the front door and see Ambrose and Prudence about to leave.

"Ambrose!" I yell as I run up to him. He opens his arms at the last second and catches me as I jump into them. I look up and kiss him. Kissing him as if it's the last time. Because it might be. I guess it went on a little longer than I thought because Prudence clears her throat. I let go of Ambrose and throw myself at her.

"I'm not kissing you, Hale." Prudence jokes as she hugs me. "Damn. Too bad. Please take care of him. He needs it." I say with a smirk. "Hey!" Ambrose says from beside us. Prudence nods and hugs me again.

"Take care of my sisters and we have a deal." She whispers into my hair. She lets go and Ambrose stands in front of me. I give him one last kiss before stepping away from them. I can't bare to watch them leave so I close my eyes and count back from 10. When I open my eyes, they're gone. I breathe in a shaky breath and make my way back inside. 

I sit on the front steps and start to cry. Kai nuzzle my side and starts to howl, clearly feeling my pain. 

I love you Ambrose Spellman. You better return to me.