Reunited

Freya's POV

I actually think time freezes for a second. Once he gets his bearings from traveling, he looks up at me and my heart races faster than it ever has before. He pushes Blackwood's unconscious body down to the floor and steps over him. He even steps on him, trying to get near me. 

He reaches down and wraps his arms around my waist pulling me in for a tight hug, then pulling me up off my feet. I could have died in his arms right there. I missed his touch. His scent. Everything about him. I can't help some of the tears that form in my eyes as I bury my face into the crook of his neck. No words are spoken. And nothing needed to be said. 

After a couple of seconds, he places me back down on my feet and I quickly go up onto my toes, reaching for his face. He's already leaning in which makes the kiss even more passionate and needy. A month and half has gone by since I've been able to kiss him. And I sure as heaven was going to try to make up for lost time. 

It may not seem like a lot, but that felt like forever to us. Sure, maybe I'm just a clingy girlfriend, but I can't help myself. I missed him so fucking much. Once I pull away for air, he just rests his forehead on mine. We just stand there looking into each other's eyes. 

"Hey you." He says with a chuckle. "Hey." I manage to croak out. I feel a bunch of arms slowly wrap around us as everyone comes in for a group hug. Do I feel bad about hogging Ambrose? No. It's almost selfish of me to take up his homecoming from his family, but I don't give a single shit right now. He was back with me and that's all I care about. 

You bet your ass I wasn't letting him out of my sight for a while.

When we finally break apart, I turn my attention to Prudence and give her a big hug. I had actually missed her too. And her sisters might give me some peace and quiet now that she's home. Plus she brought back my Ambrose. Which I couldn't be more grateful for. 

"I'll start a kettle." Aunt Hilda chirps as she goes to the kitchen. Prudence slowly follows. Sabrina looks down at Father Blackwood and then back to Aunt Zelda, a wicked smile appearing on her face.

"What were you saying, Auntie Z?" She asks. Aunt Zelda looks down to Blackwood and back to Sabrina, matching her with just as evil of a smirk. Looks like we found a new prison for the Dark Lord. 

"As much as I would love to stay and chat. I do believe you all have some catching up to do." Prudence says re-entering the room. "If I have to hear Ambrose complain about how much he misses you lot, I think I'd go insane. Besides, I hear there's some work to be done over at the Academy. And I'll have to find a safe place for Judith and Judas." She explains as she places her teacup on the small table by the door.

"We'll come with you. We have some soul transferences to attend to." Aunt Zelda says. "And I need to go set my boyfriend free." Sabrina adds. "I'll go with. I've always loved a good soul transference. Besides, I think some of us may need some time to catch up." Aunt Hilda adds as she eyes Ambrose and I. His arms still wrapped tightly around my waist. 

Again I felt kind of guilty for keeping Ambrose all to myself, but no one else seemed to mind. Prudence went first, taking Blackwood with her. The Aunties and Sabrina followed shortly after with the materials they needed for their ritual. Looks like everyone is in for an interesting night.

"And then there were two." I say as the front door closes behind them. "I wouldn't have it any other way." Ambrose says as he places a soft kiss on top of my head. I turn around to face him and lay my hands on his chest. His grip on my waist still tight.

"I missed you so much Ambrose Spellman." I admit. "I would hope so. I think Prudence might have killed me if I mentioned you again." He says with a laugh. I push against his chest playfully. "You know I missed you too Freya. Couldn't keep my mind off you." He says as he gives me a quick peck.

"Tell me what happened while I was gone." He says as he presses his forehead against mine. "Really? That's what you want to talk about right now?" I tease. "I just need to hear your voice, love. Just to remind myself that I'm really back home with you." I swear my heart melted a little bit. 

"The Academy is back open. Sabrina and I went to Hell to bring back Nick. My mortal friends started a band... Nothing too monumental." I tell him. "Yeah because going to Hell is something causal that people just do." He points out. I roll my eyes.

"And this...." He says as he plays with the hem of my cheer uniform. "This is definitely new." He says with a cheeky grin. "I'd rather not talk about it." I say with a groan. "Well just know that I'm totally into this." He says with a laugh.

"Tell me about what happened when you were gone." I say looking up at him. "I'd rather not talk about it." He says mocking me. "Besides, there's so many other things we could be doing." He says with a wink as his hands travel to my thighs. I take the hint and jump so that he catches me when I hook my legs around his waist.

"Some things never change with you." I joke. He completely ignore this and pins me against the doorframe to the parlor. "I love you Freya." Is all that he can get out before he attacks my lips with his. I sigh happily as I give in and kiss back. He gently bites my lower lip and pulls which sends me into some kind of frenzy.

There's a lot of grabbing. Lots of whispers of sweet nothings. Right as I think things are going to switch from making out to something more, Ambrose pulls away and set me back down on my feet. I pout my heavily swollen lips and he just laughs at me. 

"You know what I think I could really use right now?" He asks. I raise an eyebrow. Of course my mind went to the darkest and dirtiest of places. "Well yes, that. But also, how about a nice hot bath and tea?" He asks. I smile up at him and kiss his cheek.

"With lavender oil and bubbles?" I ask. "You really do know the way to my heart, Hale." He jokes. "I'll go get started on the tea if you get the water running." I tell him as I start making my way to kitchen. I'm about to reach for a kettle when I feel him grab me and throw me over his shoulder.

"I've changed my mind. Tea can wait. I can't." He says as he starts running up the stairs with me bouncing on his shoulder. "I can't believe you." I laugh at how eager he is and excited he's getting. 

"Can't help it. Need you now Hale." He jokes as he kicks open the door to our room which only makes me laugh harder.

"I love you Ambrose." "I love you so much Freya."