Strength

Freya

"Parker... what's going on?" I ask again. Almost frantic this time. I look down at Winter. She looks terrified, yet she stands next to me as if she knew what she was doing.

"Freya do you remember Daniel Webster?" Parker asks. "From Sabrina's trial? Yeah sure. What about him? I'm a little busy right now." I say back as I try to bring my focus back to the circle. I don't have times for these games right now.

"Don't you remember? Daniel Webster is the man that helped me win legal custody over you from grandma and grandpa!" Parker explains. I knew the name sounded familiar. Why didn't he say anything about this when I saw him? How did I not recognize him? 

"Anyway, he came to us Freya. Late one night. He knocked on our front door and told us about the trial. About how you lost your powers for a little bit." "Parker, why would he tell you about this?" I ask frustrated. She looks deeply into my eyes and takes a deep breath.

"He came to tell us that the Dark Lord wasn't done with us yet. Frey, I have my powers back." Parker says quickly. I freeze. No. No. There's no way I heard that correctly. I didn't think my heart could race any faster than it was already going, but it sped up anyway. I feel like I'm going to vomit. That was so long ago... how could she not tell me?

-----------Flashback---------------

"So be it" Father Blackwood says monotonously. "This court is adjourned to the shadows. Full powers are restored to the Spellman and Hale families." He says as a crack of lightning cracks across the sky. I feel that same rush of energy as I did on the night of my baptism.

-------End of Flashaback--------

Freya

"But wait- does that mean?" I ask looking down at my niece next to me. Parker nods her head slowly. "Winter has also been gifted with it. Hale blood runs in her veins." Parker says. "I get to be like mommy and auntie freya." Winter says with a smile. If only she knew what she was in for.

"I explained everything to Mason. Everything. I tried to make him stay downstairs with everyone else-" "But you're crazy to think I'd leave my girls up here alone." Mason calls over his shoulder, gun still pointed at the front doors.

"Well this is all lovely... but I'm fading." Aunt Hilda says weakly. "Tell me what to do. I'm a little rusty but as long as we focus, we can help." Parker tells her. Aunt Hilda nods and begins reciting the chant. I drop to one knee so that I'm down on Winter's level. I break the circle for one second so I can scoop Ambrose's protection charm out of my pocket and place it into hers. She looks so confused, but she tries to keep up with the chant anyway.

"There's strength in these numbers. I think we can pull through the rest of the hour!" Aunt Hilda calls as the weight of magic on two now becomes four. It hasn't felt like 50 minutes, but time flies when you're having.... fun? 

The chill grows stronger and stronger. A small ache forms in the back of my head. It feels as if something is tearing me apart from the inside. I want to collapse. My body wants to just crash onto the floor. This night has put me through far too much. And then.... it all stops. No more chill. No witches chanting outside.

"Is it over mommy?" Winter asks looking up at Parker. In the distance a faint neigh could be heard. Parker's eyes widen in fear. "Not quite baby." She whispers.

"What the hell is this?" Mason asks as red smoke starts pouring under the front door of the school and into the lobby where we were standing. "The Red Angle of Death." Aunt Hilda tells us. "Now everyone focus. We need to be stronger now than ever before. The mortals and first borns of Greendale are counting on us!"

"Qui affecto protego, mixtisque iubas serpentibus et posteris meis stirpiqu" (Protection Spell used in CAOS) We all chant. Once. Twice. Three times. Each time getting louder and louder. The smoke fills the room and in become harder and harder the breathe. If the Red Angel wasn't going to get in to kill us, the smoke certainly would. I look down at Winter to check in on her, but she's holding her own. 

"Keep going!" Mason calls from the door. I think. I can't really see him anymore. So we keep going. I feel pressure pushing down on my. Almost enough pressure for me to drop to my knees, yet I keep fighting. I don't realize how hard I'm fighting back until I feel a bead of sweat roll down my forehead.

"I can't do it!" I call out. Every fiber of my being is ready to snap. Everything hurts and it's even harder to breathe. "Freya! Don't let go!" Parker calls out. I groan and fight back a scream. I fight it until I can't. A scream tears through my throat and I'm unable to control in any longer. As I scream, I feel everything let go of me. I crash to the floor and gasp, trying to catch my breath.

"Parker! Winter!" I hear Mason yell. I look up and see him drop the gun and run over to my sister and niece. He scoops them up in his arms. Tears in his eyes. They all embrace. There's no more smoke. No more pressure. No more threat. I look over to Aunt Hilda who has dropped to her knees, also trying to catch her breath. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Dr. C run around the corner to tend to Aunt Hilda. It's over. Praise Satan.

I groan and roll over onto my back. Feeling the cool tile through my clothes. It's a nice and refreshing sensation. All of my muscles relax and I feel like I could fall asleep right here, on the Baxter High seal. Apparently I almost did considering my eyes started to close. 

"Freya!" I hear him call. I open my eyes and start to sit up, but my body doesn't let me. Ambrose runs around the corner and looks around. I can see the panic in his eyes when he sees me on the floor. He runs over to me and drops onto his knees, basically sliding into me. 

"Freya? Are you okay? Where are you hurt? What happened? I'm so sorry they took me away. I tried to get back. It's all over now. Freya, are you-" "Shut up Ambrose!" I basically yell as I crash my lips onto his. When we pull away, he takes my face in his hands and searches for any injury.

"I'm fine. I promise. My muscles are just sore. Can you help me up?" He nods at my request and offers a hand. He gently, yet swiftly pulls my up and into his arms. If I wasn't so tired I probably would have blushed or made some kind of sarcastic comment. But I don't. Instead I just let him hold me and rub my back while he kisses the side of my head.

"Freya. I just want you to know that I-"

"Hey you! Get your hands off my Auntie!"