Carnival

A/N Hi friends. I just watched the new season and cried my eyes out. Good luck.

Freya's POV

"Would you just relax? I'm sure he's just running a little late." Sabrina whispers to me as she, Nick, and I join the group at the front of the carnival gates. "Yeah, relax Hale. I'm sure lover boy will be around here soon." Nick teases. 

"Sabrina! Freya!" Theo greets as we approach them. "Hey guys! Sorry we were a little late." Sabrina apologizes. "You're right on time. Harvey is about to inhale his third funnel cake." Theo jokes. "Freya- this is Robin." Theo says as a boy with green hair reaches his hand out. I shake it and smile. "Nice to meet you. I'm Freya."

"Nice to meet you too. Theo talks about you." Robin says. Sweet kid. Hopefully he and Theo get together soon. "Robin! This is my boyfriend, Nick." Sabrina introduces. Robin offers his hand to Nick and he takes it. "Hey Scratch, How's it going?" Harvey asks.

"Fine, Kinkle. How's it going with you?" Nick asks in a condescending tone. "Dude, relax. It was just a question." Harvey says defensively. "Okay! Freya, is Ambrose coming?" Roz asks, changing the subject. 

"Yeah, he's just going to be a little late. Come on! Let's go see what rides they have." I say as I quickly usher the group inside. I love being a 7th wheel. It's my absolute favorite activity. Wherever Ambrose is I hope he hurries. This is already too awkward for me. 

"Rides!" A voice booms behind us. We all turn around to see one of the Carnival workers standing behind us. "A gamut of them. Bumper cars, tilt-a-whirl, a haunted house." He says as he takes his top hat off and bows dramatically. My friends all smile and begin to run into the carnival. I just sigh. Let's try to make the best of this.

We walk around for a bit and the group splits. Robin, Theo, Roz, and Harvey go one way and Nick, Sabrina, and I go another. The sun is starting to set and I can tell that the two are trying to find a way to get rid of me nicely. We go on a few rides and play a few games before they finally get the courage to ask me.

"Freya... there's another ride we'd like to go on... but it's just a two person ride." Sabrina says slowly. I give her a weak smile. "Trust me Brina, the last thing I want right now is to be stuck behind you and Scratch in the tunnel of love." I tease. Sabrina sighs.

"You'll be okay on your own for a few?" She asks. I nod. "Go! Go have fun." I say as I push her towards Nick gently. She smiles graciously at me before taking Nick's hand and running off to the tunnel of love. I watch them disappear and gaze up at the sky. 

It's a beautiful night. The sun is set and the carnival lights are at their brightest. It's a little colder than I expected so I tug on my sleeves, trying to find some kind of warmth.

If Ambrose was here right now I'm sure we'd be off on some bench laughing at the people who passes

If Ambrose was here right now I'm sure we'd be off on some bench laughing at the people who passes. We'd probably be doing something annoyingly cute like feed each other popcorn. Or maybe we would get stuck on top of the ferris wheel and sneak a kiss or two. Guess we will never know. 

In the distance I hear someone scream. I freeze up until I remember where I am. Probably some kid on a ride having a good time. I relax and lean against a fence around one of the rides when I hear it again. Only this time I recognize it as Sabrina's scream. I take off sprinting towards the tunnel of love.

All around the tunnel of love is a giant cardboard cut out of some fairytale castle. As I'm running in through the entrance Sabrina is sprinting out of the ride. We almost collide completely into each other. She's out of breath and looks around, panicked.

"Where's Nick!?" I ask. Suddenly Nick is thrown out of the ride and lands a few feet from us. The ride operator looks terrified and Sabrina uses a spell to knock him out while I seal the entrance to the cardboard castle. Shutting the rest of the carnival out. Shutting us in.

"You stole my crown!" A voice growls as a creature comes storming out of the tunnel of love. "Disturbed my sleep!" It continues. As it gets closer I see that this monster is wearing Herod's crown. The same one we found earlier. Fuck.

Nick picks up a rogue piece of machinery and swings it at who I'm assuming is Herod. Before he can make contact Herod holds out his arm and Nick is shot back once again. Sabrina rushes to help him back up and Herod advances on them.

"The crown!" Sabrina yells. I think of the first spell I can and knock the crown off of his head. It rolls away a few feet before stopping. I hope he falls over dead... but he keeps advancing Sabrina and Nick. Sabrina tries to catch him off guard and rushes him, but he knocks her down too. I try to get to her but I also get the wind knocked out of me. 

Herod puts his foot on my chest. Pinning me down. "Sabrina!" I scream. I look in the corner of my eye and watch as Sabrina crawls over to the crown. She goes to grab it but it's snatched before she can get to it.

"Caliban! Help us!" She cries out as the Demon Prince stands above her with the crown. Herod swings back his club and I hold out my hands, using magic to stop it before it can hit me. It wavers a few inches above my face. It's a battle of the wills at this point.

"Beautiful as you are, I am tempted. Though it seems like you may have things under control. So no. I think not." He says. He sends Sabrina a quick wink and disappears in flames. That asshole. Herod notices that the crown is no where to be seen and gives in. His club no longer focused on me.

"My crown! My beloved!" He cries out. He picks his foot up off of my chest and brings it down hard onto my right thigh. Right above my knee. I swear I hear a crunch and all I can feel is burning hot pain. I can't help but scream in pain. It hurts even more knowing no one is coming to help us. They think I'm just some kid on some ride. Enjoying the carnival.

"You awoke me and started this misery!" Herod says as he forces Sabrina and Nick to the ground again. "You will weep at the rending of your skin when I flay you alive." He threatens. "Then I will slaughter all of the innocents of this place, as I did centuries ago in Judea." Herod raises his club high above his head as he finishes speaking. He uses all of his might to swing it down onto Sabrina and Nick. 

"Expoldere centena millia!" Someone calls out. Herod literally explodes and it rains down blood and flesh. Normally I would be grossed out but all I can do is clutch my leg and cry out as I stare up at the sky. I hear talking but I can't focus on it. I can't focus on anything other than the extreme pain. I don't dare look down, because I know I'll throw up when I see it.

"Freya!" I hear. I feel the vibrations of footsteps run over to me. Nick and Sabrina stand nearby absoltuley covered in blood and gore. Kneeling down next to me is our savior. Ambrose fucking Spellman.

"Freya. Are you alright?!" He asks frantically. "You're late." I manage to choke out. "We need to get her home to the Aunties. Now." Sabrina says. Ambrose goes to wrap and arm around me to pick me up bridal style but the second he touches my leg I hiss out in pain and start crying all over again.

"We can't! I can't pick her up and she can't spirit herself away on her own. We have to do something about this now." He tells Sabrina and Nick. His face pales when he looks down and sees my leg. I pick my head up to look, too curious but he forces me back down.

"Believe me love, you aren't going to want to see this." He whispers. He motions for Sabrina and Nick to come down to our level. "I'm going to need you to pin down a shoulder. Each of you. Either side." Ambrose instructs. Nick and Sabrina take their place and use their hands to pin my top half down.

"I'm so sorry love. This is going to hurt. A lot." He whispers as he kisses my forehead. "No. No please don't. I can't do this anymore." I cry out. The tears hot on my face. "I know I know. But you can do this okay?" He tells me. 

I squeeze my eyes shut and wait for the pain. Ambrose says a quick spell and I feel nothing at first. Then it all kicks in. It's as if every part of my body is on fire from the inside. I writhe and arch my back in pain. Sabrina and Nick have to basically lay on me to keep me from thrashing. All I can do is scream and scream. 

Until I feel nothing.