Many Questions, Few Answers

Freya

Sabrina and I spent the next hour or so just talking. Every time I would think of a question, another would pop into my head and I would totally forget what I was about to say. Sabrina was being amazing. She was answering everything in the most detail that she could. It was overwhelming, but I needed to hear everything. 

There were a couple of things that resonated with me. 

1. If I sign the book of the beast, I will join the Church of Night. I will worship the Dark Lord and attend the Academy of Unseen Arts.

2. I will have to say goodbye to my mortal friends.

3. Being a witch is passed down.... which means Parker is probably a witch. She either doesn't know or has been keeping major secrets from me. 

4. SALEM ISN'T A CAT. He's a fucking goblin in the form of a cat. They call him a familiar. Apparently I get one of those too?

This whole thing just has me so confused. Why didn't I know? How did my parents know the Spellman's? Am I dangerous? I'm not going to lie, this whole thing is strange, but I find it very intriguing. Yes there are many questions I have and there are a few things that keep me hesitant, but another part of me wants to run into the woods and sign the book now. For 16 years I have thought of myself as a no one and now I'm a someone. Not just any someone. A witch. And I wanted to get to know this new side of me as soon as possible. 

"Our parents knew each other." Sabrina says as we lay on her bed both staring at the ceiling. "I wonder if they were friends?" She asks. "Maybe, our moms would have been pregnant together. Maybe we were meant to be friends from the beginning." I add. She smiles and reaches for my hand. "You know, you can always stay here for a while. We can teach you the basics. It could be like a giant sleepover." Sabrina says excitedly.

"You know I wish that I could. But I have to go home. I think Parker and I need to have a talk." She nods. "Sabrina?" "Mhm?" "Are we going to sign our names in the Book of the Beast?" I ask. Before she can answer, another voice pipes in.

"You'd better. Else the Aunties will kill you both." I gasp and sit up to see Sabrina's cousin standing in the doorway. He's leaning against the door frame in a way that is so casual (yet so freaking hot). "You're one of us know." He adds. 

"Ambrose, please don't scare her away. We are all she's got right now." Sabrina groans and throws a pillow across the room at him. "Don't mind me cousin, I just came to introduce myself." He saunters into the room. "Ambrose Spellman." He says reaching out his hand. There's something about his accent that just draws me in. I reach out and put my small hand in his. "Freya Hale." I say trying not to blush. He smiled and brings my hand up to his lips. He lightly kisses my knuckles. 

"It's a pleasure to meet you. Sabrina never shuts up about you. I swear she talks about you more than she does Harvey." He laughs. Is it possible for someone's laugh to sound like music? Because that is what just came out of that boy's mouth. "If you ever have questions that my cousin can't answer, I'm always here. I'm right upstairs if you ever need anything." "Thank you Ambrose, that means a lot to me." We just take a moment to smile at each other before Sabrina clears her throat. 

"I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it's getting late-" "Oh shit I need to get home, Parker must be worried sick!" I say gathering my belongings. "Parker?" Ambrose asks. 

"Calm down it's just her sister. Freya, Ambrose and I can send you home if you want? I know this whole magic thing is new, but it will help you get home faster." Sabrina explains. "I'll do anything to get home right now. Besides, I don't want to walk home in the dark." Sabrina nods and her and Ambrose stand on other sides of me. The join hands and say something in another language. 

At first, I didn't think it worked. Then I blinked and boom I was home. 

"Freya Cassandra!" Parker half yells running into the living room. "I have every right to ground your ass for not calling me- wait what happened?" She asks after seeing me on the verge on tears. Her angry facade fades away and leaves me with the same old worry wart sister that I know and love. Or at least.... the one I think I know.

"You and I really need to talk." I state trying not to show emotion. "What happened? Are you hurt? Let me look you over-" "No we need to talk. Now." She stops fussing. She walks over to the beat up couch and motions for me to sit next to her. 

"What's up-" "I know what we are Parker." She just stares at me. "Parker say something. Please." Tears brim her eyes. "How did you find out?" She asks. "I went to Sabrina's house. They are witches too. A man named Father Blackwood was there too-" "Faustus told you, didn't he?" She interjects. "I knew that I shouldn't have let you gone out this close to your 16th birthday!" She runs her fingers through her hair. "I know you must have a lot of questions." 

"I do. But the most important one is.... did you know?" "Yes." "And did you keep it from me?" "Yes." "Are you a witch?" "Not anymore. Now please keep your voice down." She hushes. "What do you mean.... not anymore?" I ask. She sighs.

 "There are so many amazing things about being a witch. I miss the power and the energy." She explains. "But then I met Mason. I fell for him hard and I fell for him fast. Blackwood found out that I was seeing a mortal and forbid our relationship. I loved Mason so much that I was willing to give all my powers up. So I did. I used a spell, a mandrake spell, to make a copy of myself. When I killed the copy, my powers died with it. Since I didn't have powers anymore, I was kicked out of the Church of Night. But, the thing is, I didn't care. Because one month later, I found out that I was pregnant with Winter. And before you ask, no, Winter is not a witch. And no, Mason does not know. As for why I didn't tell you.... it wasn't my place. I didn't want you to grow up thinking that because I left you should leave too. I wanted you to make that call for yourself. I love you Freya. You're my baby sister. I would never do anything to hurt you." 

I was sobbing at this point. There's so many things I don't know. However, one thing that I do know is that I love my sister with my whole heart. So I cried myself to sleep right there, in her arms.