Daddy Issues

Freya's POV

I grip Sabrina's hand in mine as we walk towards Dorian's Gray Room. My heart is pounding in my chest. Sabrina looks absolutely stunning in her fancy red dress. I on the other hand was given a black dress. Not nearly as fancy, but still pretty. Apparently handmaidens don't deserve the same treatment as royalty. Who would've believed it?

 Who would've believed it?

"He's ready for you." Dorian announces. Lilith guides the way and throws open the doors. Sabrina and I walk onto the balcony and look down at Dorian's Gray Room which has been turned into some type of feast. A long table sits in the center with plates upon plates of delicious food. And sitting at the far end of the table... is none other than the Dark Lord himself. I squeeze Sabrina's hand and we descend the staircase together. 

"Welcome, Sabrina." He says. He waves his hand and the chair next to him pulls out by itself. She slowly sits down and I pull out the chair next to her for myself. "Ah ah. Handmaidens stand behind their masters." He says in a condescending tone. I don't know what inside me has all this defiance, but I muster the courage to sit down anyway.

"While I admire your courage, you shall not-" "She is my equal." Sabrina interrupts. The Dark Lord thinks this over for a second before looking back to me. "Very well. As you wish Sabrina." He says looking me up and down. I want to curl up in a ball and hide, but instead I just stare right back at him. He was undeniably beautiful in his angelic form. Yet there was something so vile about him.

"You called for me. And I came." Sabrina says after a moment. "What is it you want from me?" She asks. "Respect. Love. No? Well soon enough for those things. In the meantime, I'd settle for gratitude." He says. "Gratitude? For what?" Sabrina asks quietly. 

"Have I not given you everything? Beauty, strength, power above all other mortals?" He says with a smirk. "I didn't ask for those things. I didn't want those things." Sabrina says. "Now that is a lie. And there should be no lies between us, Sabrina. Not on the eve of our glorious ascension." He tells her.

"Ascension?" I ask. His head snaps towards me. "While I admire your feistiness, girl, I recommend you don't interrupt." He hisses. I nod respectfully. "Now, the truth is, Sabrina, you have loved the power I have given you. You've reveled in it. Your wrath, when you've shown it, has been magnificent. I have waited a millennia for such a fit consort. I will not be denied it now." He says.

"Then, may I suggest Lilith?" Sabrina says. The Dark Lord scoffs at this. "Lilith knows her place. Her purpose. To serve. Here's yours. You will blow the horn of Gabriel for me, opening the Gates to the Pit of Hell, who will attend your coronation. You will wear the crown." He tells her. 

"And if she doesn't?" "Well she has no choice now does she." He says to me. "I like her. Perhaps I shall take her as my own handmaiden." He says. I gulp. No thanks Mister Dark Lord sir. "You will sit in the throne and then, once we have danced the Mephisto Waltz, the world will be remade in Hell's image. All the demon hordes will be freed and you and I will rule over Hell on Earth, together, for all eternity." He says as he sits back.

"Sorry, but I have school." Sabrina says. I swear I almost face palmed. What kind of bullshit response is that. Like I get that we are in a intense situation... but girl. Really? The Dark Lord laughs at this. It sounds so welcoming yet so off putting. It's hard to describe. 

"You've said no every step of the way since your 16th birthday, and yet here we are. There's only ever been one path for you Sabrina. The Path of Night. Your every choice you have ever made has led you here. I have made quite sure of that. Haven't I.... Nicholas?" The Dark Lord says. Out of the shadows comes Nicholas Mother Fucking Scratch.

"Sabrina." He comes over and kneels before her. "The Dark Lord asked me to get close to you." He admits. I feel my blood instantly boil. This little bitch. I'll kill him. I swear I will. "To be nice to you. To hold your hand. But then I really did fall in love with you. Sabrina, you have to believe me." He pleads. Sabrina is crying now. I think she's about to say something but she leans over and spits in his face. That's my girl. 

"Sabrina, I never would've hurt you." He says. He is also crying now. "But you did." She hisses. "I didn't know that this was the Dark Lord's agenda." He says. "It doesn't matter." Sabrina snaps. "Don't blame him. Wasn't his choice. There is no such thing as choice. There is only my desire." The Dark Lord admits.

"Was my father part of this, too? Did he conspire with you?" Sabrina asks. "You believe your father colluded with me?" The Dark Lord asks amused. "Did he?" Sabrina asks. Tears welling up in her eyes once again. I can sense a train wreck coming. "Tell me that, at least." She pleads. 

"But child, Edward Spellman isn't your father. I am." The Dark Lord says with a wicked smirk. "What?" Sabrina and I both gasp at the same time. I look to Sabrina who is crying harder than ever. She isn't making any noise but tears are pouring down her face. 

"So you see, there is nothing to do but submit. Everything has been destined for you. So when Harper and Damian Hale welcomed their second child into the world, I marked her. For you." He tells her. I sit up straight. My parents were involved? Did they know? Did this happen against their will?

"So prepare yourself girls. Sabrina, you will blow Gabriel's Horn at sundown in the clearing where you signed my book." The Dark Lord says leaning back into his chair. Sabrina gasps for air and turns and runs towards the stairs. I quickly stand up and go to follow her. I take a short break to rear back and punch Nick in the face first though. When I'm satisfied I run up the stairs after her. 

What could possibly happen next?