Drag Me To Hell

Freya's POV

"You can't be serious." I whisper to Sabrina as we start approaching an elderly gentleman playing chess in the park by himself. He looks like such a sweet old man. Why would this guy ever do anything bad enough to put him in Hell. Sabrina takes a deep breath and we approach him.

"Excuse us. Are you Robert Robertson?" Sabrina asks. "I am." He says as he lifts his head with a small smile. His smile quickly falters. "You're not who I expected." He says looking at our Cheer outfits. Told ya we should have changed. "I imagine that you're here for the same reason." He says. 

"Won't you indulge an old man." He asks as he gestures to the chess board. "Oh, I don't know how-" "Of course." I say sitting across from him. The older gentleman moves his rook and clicks the button on the timer. 

"Can I ask? What could have been worth the price of your soul?" Sabrina asks as I move my knight and hit the button. "My heart's desire. To be the greatest chess master in the world." He says as he moves his rook once again. "And I was. For a time." He says as he stops his timer.

"Your move, Miss." He says. I look at him with sad eyes as I reach out and slide over the queen. I don't need to hit the timer because the clocks stop working. The old man looks up at me. "That's it. Checkmate." He says looking back down to the board.

"I'm afraid so." I say standing. Sabrina offers the old man her hand and he slowly accepts. It takes him a second to climb to his feet and my heart breaks for him. I walk to the other side of him and offer him my arm. At least he'll be able to spend his final moments supported by cheerleaders. 

As we near the parking lot of the park, I turn and look over my shoulder, seeing that the body of the old man was now slumped over the chess board. I sigh and look back to the soul of the man who was now walking towards two cars. A black one and a white one. 

"Tell me, is Hell really as bad as they say?" He asks. "It's...not so bad." Sabrina says slowly. The door to the black car opens all by itself, as if telling the man that it was time to go. I start to walk him to the car when Sabrina has to go and open her mouth.

"This isn't right. Mr. Robertson!" She says, stopping us all before we get to the car. "Wait. Not that one. Take the other one." Sabrina says as she pulls us to the white car. "Are you sure?" He asks. I look to Sabrina. "Are you sure?" I ask. She nods.

"Definitely." Sabrina answers. She open the door to the white car and Mr. Robertson climbs in. "Aren't you two coming with me?" He asks as he closes the door. "No. I don't think I'd be welcomed where you're headed." Sabrina admits. The old man bows his head and the car drives off, sending his soul to heaven. 

"You two really are the worst." A voice says from behind us. I whip around to see Lilith basically fuming. I almost swore I saw actual steam coming off of her. With a quick movement of her arms, the three of us are engulfed in flames. When the flames disappear, we are back in the one place I really don't want to be: Hell.  

I'm not fully used to the quick transfer to Hell so I fall to my feet, unable to keep my balance. I go to get up but a demon from behind me places his foot in the center of my back, pushing me back down. Are you fucking kidding me? A pair of hands grab my arm and pulls me up and away from the demons surrounding me. I look to Sabrina for help, too nervous to turn around to face whoever is now holding me in place.

"Heresy!" A demon beside me yells. "You let him go!?" Another yells at Sabrina. "My Kings! My Kings! I am not surprised you're angered. But may I say, as regent, that this was but a silly momentary lapse in judgement." Lilith explains. "No! That's not true. I-"

"The Queen is still learning, but she guarantees that the next soul she collects will burn twice as hot to rekindle the flames of Hell." Lilith explains. "I would like the Morningstar to speak for herself." The person behind me states. Fucking Caliban. I don't know if I should tense up further or relax. At least he stopped the demons from taking a literal bite off of me.

"In the moment, I felt that the man who sold his soul was not worthy of damnation, so instead, I chose to show him mercy." Sabrina says. "Mercy?" A demon yells. "What blasphemy. The girl makes a mockery out of our sacred prerogatives." One of the Kings yells. The crowd agrees with him. 

"Let Prince Caliban collect the next soul. He'll prove worthy." Another voice yells. "Indeed, I would relish such a task." Caliban stepping forward, bringing me with him. "Does my lady charge me so?" He asks Sabrina. 

"She does not." Lilith says. "Now hand over the witch." Lilith adds quickly. Caliban gently pushes me forward and I walk over to Sabrina, who is glaring at the Prince. "Might want to keep track of the handmaiden. I'm sure the demons would love some witch flesh. Be careful, else she ends up in the wrong hands." Caliban warns. 

If this were any other circumstance, I would have made a quick remark about how I can handle myself, but the words seem to escape me. Maybe I'm still recovering from being transported to Hell. Maybe I'm still trying to get over the fact that demons want to eat me. Who fucking knows.

"Rome wasn't burned in a day." Lilith declares after the awkward silence. "Sabrina has another soul to drag. If I'm not mistaken, a man by the name of Jimmy Platt. And this time, she'll get it right. Won't you Sabrina?" Lilith asks as she turns to Sabrina, sending daggers her way.

"Did you just say Jimmy Platt?" Sabrina asks. Of course. Does she really know this guy? Of fucking course she does.