The Power of Wine

Freya's POV

"Hey Pru, have you seen Ambrose?" I ask as Sabrina, Caliban, and I walk into the Academy. Prudence is standing by Dorcas's statue form, praying for her sister. It's almost unusual to see Prudence looking this distressed. "We need his help." Sabrina adds when Prudence doesn't answer right away.

"I think he's-" "Oh wow. That didn't take long." Nicholas Scratch says as he waltzes into the room. Prudence rolls her eyes. "Guess I was right." He says with a cocky grin. "Right about what?" Sabrina asks. Obviously annoyed. 

"About you and your friend here. I knew it the night at the carnival." Nick says pointing to Caliban. "You're a fucking idiot." I hiss. "Caliban is helping me save Roz." Sabrina says defending herself. "It's okay Spellman. You don't have to lie to me." Nick sneers.

"Lie to you? I have never once lied to you about anything, Nick." Sabrina says as she marches up to Nick, poison dripping from her words. "Unlike you, who lied to me constantly, when you weren't cheating on me." She says. Prudence laughs. 

"She does have a point." She says under her breath. "And I'm sorry. I'm truly sorry for what you went though. Everyone on this planet owes you a debt that they can never repay, but you're not a martyr, and you're not an innocent. And don't ever disrespect me again." She says before turning on her heel and walking back towards us. 

"Sabrina-" Nick whimpers. "Save it. Believe it or not we have more important things to deal with." I hiss across the room. Nick sinks down and watches as we walk away. Not even bothering to turn back and look at his sorry ass. 

"I like it when you two get angry. It's rather-" "I wouldn't finish that sentence if I were you." I say with a roll of my eyes. Caliban listens for once and stops talking. I don't know why we even stopped to ask Prudence where Ambrose was, I knew he'd be down in the library. It's his safe place recently. 

"You're still in love with him or is it just lust?" Caliban asks as we approach the library. "I'd listen to Freya and quit while you're ahead Caliban." Sabrina says with a laugh. "Ambrose, are you down here?" I call as we descend the stairs into the library. 

"Ambrose- HEY!" I half scream half giggle as a familiar figure lunges out from behind one of the shelves and snatches me off the ground. "You rang?" He asks as he kisses the exposed skin that connects my neck to my shoulder.

"We have company." I say with a laugh and he lets me down onto my feet. "My apologies. You are?" Ambrose asks as he holds out his hand for Caliban to shake. Caliban looks him up and down before smirking. "You must be the boyfriend." He says, ignoring Ambrose's out stretched hand.

"I- uh" "Yup. This is Ambrose, my boyfriend. Told you he exists." I say with a smile as I grab Ambrose's hand and guide his arm around my waist. Ambrose looks confused but quickly latches onto me and pulls me close. 

"We need your help with something. Caliban, I'll see you later." Sabrina calls over her shoulder. "As you wish." Caliban says with his smirk before he goes up in flames. Do they have The Princess Bride in hell? Or is that just something all medical white men say to their supposed love interests.

"See you're back in the saddle already." Ambrose jokes. I have to bite my lip to keep from grinning. "I'm ignoring that by the way." Sabrina says as she pushes past us and walks to the table by the fireplace. Ambrose pulls out a chair and sits down. Before I can take the chair next to him, he grabs my hips and perches me on his lap. This I could get used to.

"I've been thinking about those witches we summoned. And the stone circle. It's time we go on the offensive." Sabrina says. "And why is that?" He asks as he pulls me into his chest. "We need Roz and Dorcas back ASAP. Right now, the Pagans don't know that we have the hedge witches. That gives us an advantage." She says with her evil smile. 

----------------------------

Freya's POV

"This better work." I mumble as Ambrose and I follow Sabrina into the desecrated church, balancing trays. "Hey witches!" Sabrina calls once we are inside. The hedge witches look up at us, annoyed that we've disturbed them. 

"Who wants some wine?" Sabrina asks. Suddenly all the witches jump up and start to cheer. "give it here!" One witch shouts. I start handing out goblets while Ambrose pours a heavy pour into each witch's cup. Let's just say it isn't long before the wine takes over and the witches become just a tad bit tipsy.

I opt out of this little drunken stupor that Sabrina has created. Someone needs to be sober enough to try to put these women back together if something goes wrong. And with Sabrina, something always tends to go wrong.

"Sisters!" Sabrina says as she climbs onto one of the beds, raising her glass. "My Aunt Zelda would have us wait for the Pagans, but I say we are strong! I saw we take the fight to them! Who wants to mess up some Pagans!" Sabrina cheers. All the women howl and cheer back at her. Sabrina looks to me and Ambrose and give us a quick nod. 

"Ladies! Let's meet in the academy! Inside the stone circle!" I call out. I watch as the witches half stumble out of the church and make their way to the academy. Please be sober enough to pull this off. We need this. 

"Remember, witches, we're focusing our energies on Sabrina." Ambrose explains as the witches gather in a circle within the stones. A small doll representing Sabrina sits in the middle of the room. "Freya, if you wouldn't mind." He says with a small smile. 

"Sororibus, audire vocatonem nostram." I start. (A/N Don't @ me this is what they say in the show) Slowly all the witches join in and the energy in the room skyrockets. It's the most power I've felt in a very long time. The stones begin ringing and harmonizing. 

"Sabrina's there! She's at the carnival gates!" I call out. Now for the real show to begin. "We give to thee the power of Pesta!" We all call out. "We give to thee the power of Sycorax!" The stones harmony begins to intensify. I take my gaze off of the Sabrina doll and steal a glance at Ambrose. He's already looking at me and I can tell he's thinking the same thing I am. We're going to pull this off.

"We give to thee the yule lads of Gryla!" We keep the circle strong and the chant loud and clear. I focus all my energy back onto the Sabrina doll. Trying to hear her voice in the distance. I feel a small pull in the back of my mind and take that as my cue. 

"Now!" I yell. We release the circle and all jump back. Standing where the doll once was is Sabrina and a very very unhappy Circe. The hedge witches quickly chain Circe's wrists to the floor, making sure she is unable to cause any more damage.

"Release me you heathens!" Circe cries out. "Not until you undo the damage you and your pagans did to our friends." Sabrina threatens. "First, you're turning Roz and Dorcas here back into flesh." She says as she motions to our two friends who have been placed within the stone circle.

"Even if I could, I would never." She hisses. "You're a witch of transformation, it's kinda what you do." I say with a sigh. "And if you don't I suppose all we really need are your hands." Ambrose says as he pulls out a rather large knife. I see the panic in Circe's eyes.

"I.... I submit." Circe says with a defeated sigh. We loosen the chains just slightly and she reaches out for Dorcas and Roz. She says something under her breath and before we even realize, our friends are back.

"Roz!" Sabrina shouts as she tackles her into a hug. "Dorcas." I basically cry as we sink to our knees in each other's arms. We did it. We really did it. "Get Circe into a circle. We need to keep her here until Harvey can bring over the pigs. Well, jocks." Sabrina explains. The witches all join hands to entrap Circe.

"Freya? What happened?" Dorcas asks as she looks around, terrified. "It's okay. It doesn't matter now." I tell her. I help her to her feet just in time for the doors to slam open. 

"What do you think you're doing?" Prudence hisses as she stomps into the room. "Sister Spellman will not be happy when she learns about your-" "Prudence!" Dorcas gasps before running to her sister. Prudence is obviously taken aback and forgets what she's about to say. 

The two sisters run to each other and hug as if they haven't seen each other in years. The two cry and hold each other. It's actually quite a heartwarming scene. I guess Prudence does have a heart after all. 

I'll count this as a victory. Only one victory in a battle doesn't necessarily mean that we've won.