Satanic Jonestown

Freya's POV

"I'm sorry. I truly thought that the daggers would incapacitate him." Lilith says as she, Sabrina, and I climb the stairs to Sabrina's room. The Aunties and Ambrose and fixing their minor wounds after that fail of an ambush.

"Well, he sent me to help you get ready for the ball. Like a satanic fairy godmother, I suppose." Lilith says with a grimace. Hanging on the door to Sabrina's bathroom is a beautiful golden gown. Normally I'd make some shitty remark but this is the gown that Sabrina would rule Hell on Earth in. So I figured it's probably not the best time to make a joke. 

"You'll make a wonderful Queen." Lilith says, voice full of emotion. "No. No, I won't. The fight's not nearly over." Sabrina says as she starts pulling books from her bookshelf. She hands a couple to me and I spread them all across her bed. "What are you doing now?" Lilith asks with a sigh. 

"Trying to find something, anything to use to stop the Dark Lord." Sabrina replies. "Nick gave this to me. One of my father's journals." Sabrina says holding up a small black book. I know it must be hard for her to even think that fuckers name right now. Just thinking about him makes me want to punch him in the face.... again.

"Edward Spellman is not your father." Lilith corrects. "He's more her father than the Dark Lord will ever be." I counter, glaring at her. "Plucky to the end." Lilith says under her breath. Sabrina ignores this and flips through the pages of the book.

"You'll learn. He always gets his way. Now, I'm to gather the demon aristocracy at the Gates. I'm sure your handmai- Freya would help you get ready." Lilith says with a wicked smirk before she exits Sabrina's room. "She's wrong. I'll find a way." Sabrina says quietly. 

"I'm sure you will, Brina." I say with a soft smile. She sniffles and wipes a stray tear away from her eye. "Can you give me a moment? I just want to focus on this." She says holding up the journal. I nod and give her a quick side hug before disappearing out of her room. 

I make my way down to the parlor where I find Ambrose and the Aunties quietly drinking tea. I curl up next to Ambrose on the couch across from the Aunties. Aunt Hilda pours me my own cup and offers it to me, which I gladly take. 

"How is she holding up?" Aunt Hilda asks as she takes her seat next to Aunt Zelda. "She's doing the best she can. You know her, she'll never go down without a fight." I say with a small smile as I take a sip from my tea. "How are you all holding up?" I ask as Ambrose slips his arm around my shoulders. Before anyone can answer my question, there is a loud thud behind me and Ambrose. I jump up to see-

"Prudence!" I exclaim as I rush around the couch to her. She is crying and holding onto Dorcas and Agatha who are unconscious in her arms. Ambrose and the Aunties rush over to see what's going on. Prudence is hysterical.

"Please! Please save my sisters!" She manages to get out. I put my hand on her back and calmly rub her arm, trying to get her to relax just a little. "What happened!" Aunt Zelda cries out as she drops to the ground to inspect the two witches. "Father Blackwood, he's poisoned them!" Prudence cries out. 

"He poisoned all of them!" She sobs. "The entire coven?" Aunt Zelda asks, fear in her eyes. Prudence is crying too hard to answer. "Okay, it's all right, love. I'm here now. Okay, we can take it from here." Aunt Hilda says as she tries to pull Dorcas and Agatha away from Prudence. Prudence lets go of them and collapses in my arms. 

"You said all of them? Are they all dead?" Aunt Zelda asks. "They're still alive. They're in the church!" Prudence cries out. "Ambrose, Prudence, come with me. Freya and Hilda can attend the girls." She says. Prudence sobs and I basically have to hand her to Ambrose to get her to stand again. The three of them disappear, probably off to the church to rescue all that they can. 

"Get them onto the couch! I'll be right back!" Aunt Hilda cries as she runs to the kitchen. I hold back my tears and do my best to move Dorcas onto the nearest couch. She coughs up a dark liquid and stirs in my arms. 

"Freya?" She asks quietly. "It's okay Dorcas. Everything is okay. Just stay still I need to get your sister." I whisper frantically. I slide my arms under Agatha's and manage to lay her onto the couch next to her sister. The two stir and they look like absolute shit. Before I can say anything there is another thud.

"Ambrose!" I cry out. The tears pouring now. "I have to go back. I have to rescue the others!" He whispers before disappearing again. Aunt Hilda rushes back into the room with two small vials. "Now what?" She huffs as she goes to help the two weird sisters. I run to the other couch and begin helping Elspeth and Melvin onto the other couch. Then Aunt Zelda appears with two more witches.

"We don't have the room!" Aunt Hilda cries out. "We'll have to make room." She says before vanishing again. Next came Prudence with two more witches. "Wait! Don't go!" Aunt Hilda grabs her arm before she can leave again. Prudence looks to her sisters and then back at Aunt Hilda. 

"Freya- you grab some blankets and make sure that the witches stay alive. Prudence- you're with me. I need some extra help in the kitchen with these potions." Aunt Hilda explains. The witch closest to me vomits all over and I narrowly miss the spray. Prudence looks at her sisters once more before running to the kitchen with Aunt Hilda.   

I'm running through the house pulling all materials that I can use for pillows and blankets. The numbers of witches and warlocks are piling up and we don't have the supply to keep up with the demand. I'm busy making a bed for another warlock with Prudence comes in to give the potion to Melvin and Elspeth.

"What the heaven happened in there?" I ask as I prop a witch up against the wall so she doesn't drown in her own vomit. "Father Blackwood has lost his mind." She says through her tears. She props Melvin's head up in her arms as she attempts to open his mouth. 

"He poisoned the communion wine." She explains. "He what!?" I yell back as I move to help another witch. She nods frantically. "He made me serve it, but wouldn't let me take it. Now I know why." She says sadly. "It's like some satanic Jonestown." I say with a sigh. 

"Jonestown?" Prudence asks as she moves onto Elspeth. "It was a mortal cult town. Their leader wanted gave them all poisoned Kool-Aid and killed them all. All of his loyal followers believed him and over 900 people died." I explained as I pulled down the curtains in the parlor for another witch.

"Then yes, this is exactly like that." She says as she bolts back into the kitchen to retrieve more vials of the potion. I look around and the witches and warlocks all over the floor. Most of them dying. Some of them already dead. I fight back the tears and go back to making sure that everyone is cared for and kept safe.

What else could possibly go wrong today?