Safe and Warm

Freya

No on talked on the way home. I think that Sabrina and I were just in such a state of shock. Aunt Zelda knew better than to both us with small talk. I've never seen anyone die before. Let alone someone slit their own throat. The whole situation was kind of surreal. I guess this is a common theme now. Walking home in silence. When we get home, I'm so tired but my feet know where to go. So I make my way all the up the stairs to the door I always seems to find myself at this hour.

"Ambrose?" I ask opening the door. "Ah! There you are. I was wondering how the evening went." He says putting down his book to come see me, but he stops short when he sees that something is clearly wrong. "Father Blackwood didn't go through with it.... did he?" He asks. I sigh and he rubs my arms, trying to comfort me.

"No. Well, not really. He tried to tell everyone that it was cancelled, but a witch slit her throat in front of the whole coven. So there was still a feast." I say. He pulls me in for a hug. "Sorry Frey, I knew this sort of thing isn't something you're comfortable with yet." "Yet? I don't think I ever will be." I say slowly pulling away. Now it's his turn to sigh.

"Wanna talk about it?" He asks holding out his hand. I nod and he pulls me over to his bed before flopping down on it, waiting for me to follow after him. But I just stand there for a moment. "Are you going to join me?" He asks. "Ambrose. What if it was me up there? On the chopping block?" I ask.

"Whatever do you mean?" He asks. "Prudence was lucky. She got to avoid being sacrificed. But what if it was me Ambrose? Nothing would be able to stop it from happening." I say. I can feel my eyes brimming with tears, but Ambrose has seen me cry waaay to much recently, so I try to spare him from seeing me look a mess.

"Like heaven nothing would stop it. You know I'd never let you be sacrificed. Nor would Sabrina or the Aunties." He says reaching for my hand. I take it but remain standing. "Even if it was the Dark Lord's will?" I ask. "Freya. You listen to me. Nothing would stop me from preventing your death. Not house arrest. Not the church. Heaven, not even the Dark Lord himself." He explains. I can't help but give a little smile. The boy was for sure a charmer and he really did care.

"Now stop being so sad and come here." He says before pulling my arm. I laugh and crash down on the bed. Half on him, half on the bed. "Now let's not worry about what could have been. Because you're here with me now. Safe-" He says kissing my left cheek. "And warm." He says kissing my right.

"Ambrose Spellman you are too good to me." I tell him. He pulls me closer and rests his chin on the top of my head. "Nothing is too good for you. Now can we please get some sleep?" He asks. I free myself of his grasp and start to get off the bed.

"And where do you think you're going?" He asks. "To get clothing to sleep in. This dress isn't exactly comfortable." I joke. "Nonsense. Wear one of my shirts." He says with a laugh. "Since when do you own a shirt?" I say with a laugh. The boy does love wandering the house without a shirt. Not that I can complain. After a moment, I see that he is in fact, not joking. He gets up and grabs an over sized t shirt from a drawer before tossing it at me.

"You were serious?" I ask catching it. "Dead serious." He says crossing his arms. I wouldn't mind having one of his shirts...sure, Ambrose had a bathroom attached to his bedroom. But I didn't want to look so insecure.

"Don't worry, I'll turn around. Trust me." He says turning and facing the wall. I glance around to see if there were any mirrors, seeing that there isn't, I give one last look at Ambrose before pulling my dress over my head. I fumble with the shirt, but quickly get it over my head. His shirt falls about mid thigh, so luckily, nothing was exposed. I fold my dress neatly and place it on a dresser.

"You can turn around now." I tell him. He slowly turns around and takes a moment to look me over. "And here I was thinking you couldn't get any more beautiful." I blush and look down. I roll my eyes and jump onto his bed. He rolls his eyes at me and lays beside me.

"Maybe this was a bad idea." He tells me with a smile. "And why is that?" I ask. "Because I don't think I can keep my hands off you." He tells me.

"So don't." I say with new found confidence. I don't know where it came from, but damn it felt right. He checks my expression to see if I'm joking. When he sees that I'm not, he takes my face in his hands and pulls me to him, giving me probably the best kiss we've shared. My arms wrap around his neck and his hands slide down to my waist as we kiss. This kiss was different from the other ones. More passionate. We both knew that I wasn't ready to take it any further than this, but that didn't stop us from a very intense, yet loving make out session.

And I couldn't be happier.

---------------------------------------------

Freya

There's a bright light on my face which causes me to roll over. Only I can't. It's then that I realize that Ambrose has a tight grip on my waist and there is no escape. I open my eyes and I'm instantly blinded by the light coming in from the window above us. I groan and cover my eyes with my hands, trying to block out the sun. Ambrose laughs and places a kiss on my shoulder.

"Meet me downstairs. I'll attempt to make us breakfast." He says before standing. "Can't we just stay heeerrreeee." I complain like a child. "Not unless you want someone to find you in my bed in my clothing." This makes me scramble to my feet and head for the door. As I'm about to pass him, he reaches out and grabs my arm and pulls me in for a quick kiss. I smile and run out the door, trying to not get caught.

"FREYA CASSANDRA!" Sabrina yells. I just run faster with a huge smile on my face.

-------------------------------------------

Freya

After getting dressed and ready for the day. I went to the kitchen to see what Ambrose had prepared. Sabrina was waiting in the kitchen and was interrogating Ambrose by the time I got there. Together we sat and ate pancakes and drank tea while Sabrina scolded us for being "too adorable and also incredibly stupid". That's what she told us. Even though she knew nothing had happened.

The three of us are currently laying in the living room, watching TV. Sabrina is sitting on the floor with her back against the couch. I'm laying on the couch with my head in Ambrose's lap. Ambrose is subconsciously playing with my hair and the neck scarf around my neck that I had put on to try to cover up a small mark that had been placed there the night before.

In the distance I hear the phone ringing

In the distance I hear the phone ringing. None of us bother to move because we know that one of the Aunt's will get it. Maybe a minute goes by before Aunt Zelda comes running into the room.

"Sabrina. There's been an accident down at the mines." She tells out of breath, as she probably ran here. "Harvey!" Sabrina shouts before jumping up from the floor. "You girls better go. Run. And pray to Satan that he's alright!" She tells us, but Sabrina and I are already almost out the door. We are running down the path when Ambrose calls out from the porch.

"Be safe girls! No matter what happens!"