New Beginnings

Freya

The next morning I woke up before Ambrose. Not surprising. I figured I'd let him sleep in a little more. Today was his big day after all. He was starting at the Academy today. I walk down to my room and get dressed for the day before heading down the stairs to start on breakfast.

 I walk down to my room and get dressed for the day before heading down the stairs to start on breakfast

Of course, Aunt Hilda beats me to it. She's already making eggs and brewing tea. I give her a quick peck on the cheek before sitting down at the table, across from Aunt Zelda, who is reading today's paper. Again, not a surprise. Why do all mornings start the same around the Spellman house? Oh well. I think I can get used to it. 

"And a good morning to you lot." Ambrose says sauntering into the dining room, wearing his jacket from the night before. "Good morning." The Aunties reply. He comes over to the table, kissing the top of my head before sitting next to me. Sabrina is the next to come down. That's when Aunt Hilda sets down breakfast and we all dig in. There is no better meal than a Hilda Spellman meal.

"Eat up my loves. Big day." She says with a smile. However, before she can eat, the phone rings and she scurries off to get it. She comes back into the room and takes her place at the table. Only she doesn't start eating.

"Yes, Hilda?" Aunt Zelda asks. "Well, it seems that most, if not all, of the miner's bodies have been recovered. They'll be arriving later today." She explains. This causes me to tense up immediately. They are for sure going to notice that Tommy isn't one of them. I catch Ambrose give Sabrina a look out of the corner of my eye. 

"I'll accept the bodies when they arrive." Aunt Zelda says not looking up. "Do let me handle them, Aunt Zelda, when I'm back from the academy." Ambrose says not even attempting to hide his boyish smile.It was so cute to see him so excited. First his freedom, then a girlfriend, and now a job and education. This man has it all.

"Which is where I'll be later today as well." Aunt Zelda says putting down her paper. "The High Priest has appointed me Directrix of the Satanic choir." She says triumphantly. "That's wonderful." I say with a smile. "When did he do that?" Aunt Hilda asks excitedly.

"Never you mind Hilda. You stick to cleaning up spills on aisle five or whatever it is you do in the little shop. In the meantime, Ambrose, Freya, Sabrina, and I will be restoring the luster to this household. Good things are coming." She says as she lights her cigarette. 

---------------------------------------

Freya

"Are you ready?" I ask while holding Ambrose's hand. He looks up at the dirty old train station sign that disguises the academy. He looks at me and smiles with an excited grin. I lean over and give him a quick peck on the cheek before opening the doors in a dramatic way. He takes one step inside and his hand flies to his mouth. I can tell he's trying not to cry. 

"Welcome to the Academy of Unseen Arts." I whisper with a smile. He takes a moment to take all the sights in before returning his attention to me. "Where to?" He asks excitedly. I laugh and take his hand once again. "We have to report to Father Blackwood's office." I tell him. He nods his head and motions with his free hand to lead the way. 

The walk to Father Blackwood's was short. I though that Ambrose would want to explore the academy more, but he was so ready to begin his time here. He just wanted instructions before diving into this new life of is. He would stop every so often to take in the place. Some would find it annoying but I found it oh so endearing.

"Here we are." I tell him. The doors open and in we walk. "Brother Ambrose... and Miss Hale. What a pleasant surprise. I didn't think that we were expecting you today." Father Blackwood says looking up from his paperwork. My face instantly flushing thinking about the last time that I saw him. 

"I figured that Ambrose might need someone to show him around the academy." I tell him. He thinks this over for a second before motioning to the two chairs in front of him. "Then please, Miss Hale. Stay. I'm sure Ambrose would appreciate the help on his first day." He tells us. I nod and take a seat in front of him.

"How do you find our academy?" Father Blackwood asks Ambrose. "Liberating. Absolutely liberating your excellency." Ambrose says with a smile. "I can well imagine. I have a gift for you." Father Blackwood says reaching down under his desk. Ambrose leans forward in anticipation.

"A familiar of your own. A goblin of the highest pedigree." Father Blackwood says with a smirk. I grab Ambrose's hand in excitement. Oh please get along with Kai. Satan please. "His name is Leviathan." Father Blackwood says handing him the box. When Ambrose opens the lid, a little mouse squeaks out and pokes his tiny little head out. I want to awwww and reach out and pet him, but I refrain. 

"Thank you Father Blackwood. You honor me." Ambrose says as he takes Leviathan out of his box. The mouse instantly nestles into his hand. Making my heart melt even more. "These are exalted time for the Church of Night Ambrose. Your friend Lucas has been helping me with some plans to..." Blackwood glances over at me for a second before continuing. "reform the coven. Its laws, its teachings, the very foundation it is built upon." He explains.

"Anything I can do for you, your excellency." Ambrose says with a smile. "Well, we'll see. In the mean time, perhaps you could start by translating a nine volume set of the Apostle Gospels. Perhaps Miss Hale might be of assistance." He says rising. Ambrose turns to me and give me a cheeky smile. "Certainly."

"I have my rounds." Blackwood says heading towards the door. "Feel free to spread out. Brother Ambrose, welcome home." He says before closing the doors to his office behind me. Without wasting a moment, Ambrose puts Leviathan back in his box before picking me up and spinning me around. 

"This is it Freya. I just know that I'm meant to be here." He says with a smile. I giggle as he puts me back down on my feet. "I'm so happy for you Ambrose." I tell him as we press our foreheads together, noses brushing each others nose. Before he can lean in for the kiss, I push off him and turn to the stack of books. 

"Now. Where to begin?" I ask. "With this of course." Ambrose says grabbing me and pulling me to him before crashing his lips on mine. Cheeky bastard. Of course I kissed back. The bastard must be excited because he bites my bottom lip gently. Only I don't expect this so I gasp, which he then takes as an opportunity to slip his tongue into my mouth. 

He guides me backwards until the back of my ankles come in contact with a small couch in the corner of Father Blackwood's office. I giggle as he pulls away for a second to push me down. He quickly reattaches his lips to mine as he crawls on top of me. I'm pretty sure I just died in his arms right there.

"Oh Freya. This was meant to be." He says pulling back for air. "All of this. Being here. Being with you." He says as he moves to my neck. " You deserve it. All of this." I whisper into his ear. His hands run up my legs, pushing my skirt higher and higher up my thighs. You know, I didn't plan on doing this here in Blackwood's office... but fuck it. 

I bring his lips back to mine as I basically rip his jacket off of him. So much for sewing it. One hand remains on my thigh while his other hand snakes behind my lower back and pushed me closer to him. The kiss deepens and goes from passionate to needy and desperate. I grab onto his belt loops and pull him to me. His hand leaves my thigh and goes to reach for his belt.

My heartbeat is echoing in my ears. I can feel my blood boiling. It feels like my whole body is on fire. For someone who has never done this before, it sure as heaven seemed like something I knew how to do. But I knew it was too good to be true.

"Where is the High Priest?" Prudence demands as she and her sisters storm into the room.

"Oh you've got to be fucking kidding." I groan.