Ice Cream

Freya's POV

"You're kidding me right?" I ask as we walk down he driveway towards Harvey's garage. "The guy who owns the ice cream truck?" I ask. Sabrina huffs and nods. "I can't even begin to imagine what sort of deal an ice cream man makes with the devil." She says as she throws open the door,

"Crisis Fright Club meeting." Sabrina yells. Theo, Roz, and Harvey look up from their instruments. Clearly we had interrupted their little jam session. But I guess that could wait, Hell, on the other hand, could not wait.

"So, dragging souls to Hell is like, what, your after school job?" Harvey asks once Sabrina explains the situation and what had happened earlier that day. "Kind of." Sabrina says. "But, surprisingly, that's not even the weirdest part. Look who is up next." Sabrina says as she holds out the book of names for everyone to see.

"Crazy, right?" I ask as I throw myself onto the dingy couch in the corner. "What did he do that was so bad?" Harvey asks. "I don't know. They don't tell us." Sabrina explains with a sigh. "They don't tell you?" Roz asks with a concerned look on her face. 

"Well, then, how do you know if they deserve it?" Roz asks. "I'm going to have to figure it out on a case by case basis. But the thing is, dragging Jimmy to Hell, assuming he deserves it, could be the key to saving Nick. But I need your help." Sabrina tells our mortal friends. 

"When I do drag Jimmy's soul to the bad place, it'll leave behind his freshly dead body, which, if we move fast enough and there's not much decay, we can use as a new prison for the Dark Lord." Sabrina says. "Instead of Nick's body." Roz says quickly catching on.

"Yay for body snatching." I sarcastically cheer from face down on the couch. "Anyway, if you follow me in the Spellman Mortuary hearse, once I get Mr. Platt's soul out-" "We can grab him!" Theo says with a smile. I raise my head and look at him. Seems like an odd thing to be excited about.

"What about the pep rally?" Roz asks. This causes me to groan and slam my face back into the couch. "This shouldn't take long. Besides, we always have our alternate." Sabrina says. Even though I can't see it, I can feel everyone's eyes turn to face me. 

I just raise my middle finger in their general direction. Why did I agree to any of this.

-----------------------------

Freya's POV

"This is nuts." Harvey says as we all climb out of the hearse. Only a couple of hours to the pep rally. So we better move fast. "We're in High School. We should be worried about midterms, not dragging the friendly neighborhood ice cream man to Hell." Harvey says. Shut it Kinkle. Clock is ticking.

"Let's just stick to the plan. We can freak out later. Now, when you see me walking away, you probably won't see his soul, but his body should slump dead, which is when you guys rush out steal the corpse." Sabrina says casually as she starts walking towards the ice cream truck. I go to follow her but we are quickly cut off by a shrill voice.

"Sabrina! Freya!" Lizzie says bouncing over to us. I quickly push Sabrina towards the truck and turn to Lizzie with the biggest fake smile that I can possibly muster. "Lizzie! Hey!" I tell her in a high pitched voice.

"Are you excited for tonight?" She asks with a big smile. "Of course!" I lie. "It's going to be so much fun cheering you on as you guys absolutely kill it out there." I tell her. She pouts and puts a hand on my shoulder. "We are totally going to miss having you out there on the field with us." She says. 

"We totally don't understand why you were put as an alternate. You are one of the best cheerleaders I've ever seen. I feel like I should fear for my spot as captain." She says. Only I'm not listening. I'm glancing over her shoulder to see how Sabrina is doing. She looks rather stressed out to be honest. 

"Isn't that right, Freya!?" Lizzie chirps. I snap out of it and look back at her. "Of course! Now if you excuse me, I think I'm going to get some good luck ice cream with Sabrina." I tell her. I swear my cheeks are starting to hurt from how much I'm smiling.

"For sure! I usually wait until after the game. You know, gotta fit into these outfits somehow! Besides, I don't want to get sick on the field. See you later though!" She says with a smile as she giggles and runs off. I fake giggle back until she's out of sight. I swear my fake attitude drops quicker than when the team dropped Ashley during practice the other day. I shake this off as Sabrina comes walking back up to me.

"Well- okay." I say as she grabs my hand and pulls me back and into the hearse. "What happened?" Theo asks when we crawl back in. "I don't know. But he tried to offer me a child in exchange for an extension to his contract. As if my horrible father has made this sort of deal with him before. And I can't just drag him to hell because he's keeping a little girl trapped somewhere in Greendale." Sabrina explains. 

"I'm never eating ice cream ever again." I half joke as I rest my head in my hands. "We have to find her!" Harvey exclaims. "Oh, we're going to. And then I will personally burn Jimmy Platt's pitch black soul in Hell myself." Sabrina says angrily.

"But first, I gotta talk to the old boss." Sabrina says with a sigh. "And only three and a half more hours until the pep rally." Roz says.

"Yeah let's not talk about that right now."