Coronation

Freya's POV

"Are you ready?" Harvey whispers from beside me. I nod and slip on my demon mask. Any second now our little show will begin. I quickly look over the lyrics to the song- yes. THE SONG. Nothing quite causes a distraction like a flashy musical number apparently. From somewhere within the Academy I hear the signal and Sabrina descends the staircase and begins the number. I toss the lyric sheet aside and focus on the task at hand. 

I take Theo's hand and mentally apologize for how sweaty it is. Theo guides me down the stairs and we start singing along to the song. I recognized the tune but not enough to memorize the harmonies. Praise Satan I'm a quick learner. We all take our spots along the walls as Lucifer guides Sabrina towards one of the two skull thrones.

Lilith bows before presenting the Dark Lord with a crown. Honestly to me it looks like it's made of a skeleton's hands which is badass, but totally besides the point. The Dark Lord places the crown onto Sabrina's head right as the song comes to a close.

Sabrina Spellman is now the official Queen of Hell. 

The Dark Lord offers his arm to her, which she gladly takes. The last part of the ceremony has begun: The Mephisto's Waltz. We all clap as they walk to the center of the room.

"My fiends and friends. Tonight, I present to thee my firstborn. Sabrina Morningstar." The Dark Lord declares. We all clap. I look across the room to where Ambrose is standing. Sabrina Morningstar just doesn't sound quite right. "Proud lady of Pandemonium, Maiden of Shadows, and Queen of Hell! Hail Sabrina!" 

"Hail Sabrina!" We all echo. "And now, my Queen, we shall dance as father and daughter, to the Mephisto Waltz." Lucifer says. A very slow, dark tune starts playing and the two begin dancing together. I take this as my cue and carefully lift the ends of my skirt and begin drifting towards the Aunties as I take their hands. Here goes nothing. 

Sabrina and The Dark Lord make small conversation as they dance. Sabrina keeping him distracted, of course. Under our breath we all start chanting the spell. Our spell gets more and more powerful as our voices get louder and louder. Sabrina spins out of the Dark Lord's arms right as we finish chanting the end of the spell.

"Wait. What are they saying?" The Dark Lord demands. We all rip off our demon masks and start the chant again. Louder this time. Lucifer looks pissed off. And I mean PISSED off. "I told you what would happen if you defied me again." He hisses at Sabrina.

"Remember my name." I smirk. Here we go again. "Remember it was me, Sabrina Spellman, who beat you, Lucifer Morningstar." She says with a evil smile. I pull the configuration out from under my dress where it was attached to my thigh. I quickly roll it onto the floor, praying that it would do it's job. 

There's a bright flash and puff of red smoke. When I open my eyes, I see that it fucking worked! The configuration shakes on the ground, fighting off the Dark Lord's anger no doubt. We all stand there in silence for a few moments before Sabrina walks towards it.  She reaches down and scoops it up in her arms. 

"Well played, Spellman." Nick says, breaking the silence. "Yes. Edward would have been proud." Aunt Zelda says with a smile. A genuine one. One that I haven't seen in a long time. Everyone starts congratulating Sabrina when I notice the configuration shake more violently. 

"Sabrina..." I warn stepping forward. She doesn't notice and it starts to spark. "Sabrina!" I yell as I push it out of her hands. Before it can hit the floor it explodes, the Dark Lord appearing before us once again. He looks even more pissed than before, and I didn't even think that that was possible. 

"You try and try to defeat me. I am the Great Satan that no prison may contain!" He shouts before running at Sabrina. Lilith is too quick and she reaches out her hand, freezing him in his spot. "Hold that nasty thought!" She yells. The Dark Lord groans and tries to fight against it. 

"I can't restrain him for long." Lilith says to no one in particular. "We need a better prison, a stronger one!" She yells. "There's nothing stronger than an Acheron!" Nick says. "Incorrect, Mr. Scratch." Lilith corrects. I look between the two of them, too frightened to come up with a plan. 

"The mightiest prison is the first one, created by the False God. The human body. Flesh and bone." She explains. We all look to one another. "The strongest and most sacred bindings in nature." Lilith adds. "It has to be me!" Sabrina says. We all protest.

"Absolutely fucking not." I yell. "I'm the best binder and conjurer since Edward Spellman. If anyone can keep him trapped, it's me." Nick calls out. "Do it, Mr. Scratch!" Lilith says, her hold on the Dark Lord starting to falter. Sabrina starts to protest but he cuts her off.

"I love you Spellman. You taught me how to love." He whispers with tears in his eyes before yelling a spell in Latin. Literally pulling the Dark Lord into him. Nick collapses on the ground, unconscious. I run over to Sabrina and restrain her from running over to him. 

"Nick! Nicholas?!" Sabrina cries out. Nick wakes up and tries to climb to his feet, stumbling. When he finally lifts his head, his eyes a blood red. It's not Nick. He lets out a growl before lunging at Sabrina before any of us can react. I push Sabrina aside at the last minute and Nick- well Lucifer- tackles me to the ground. Hands around my throat. I kick and claw but he doesn't get off of me. I hear Ambrose mutter a spell and Nick falls limp down beside me. 

"Freya!" Sabrina screams. Ambrose wraps his arms under mine and pulls me away from the now unconscious Nick. He quickly kneels down beside me and looks me over for injury. I gasp for air and try to forget the feeling of his fiery hands around my neck. Ambrose keeps asking if I'm okay, but I'm too busy watching Nick's body. Making sure he doesn't get up again.

"What happens now?" Sabrina asks. "You won't like it, I'm afraid." Lilith says sadly. 

---------------------------------------

Freya's POV

Ambrose insists that I'm too weak to go with the rest of the group to the gates of hell. Sabrina was going to crown Lilith Queen and then watch as Lilith carries Nick into Hell... the only place where he can't hurt anyone. I could only imagine what kind of pain Sabrina must be in right now. 

"I can walk-" "Shhhh." Ambrose whispers as he sets me down onto our bed. He had carried me, in my giant over the top gown, all the way back to the Spellman house. He insisted that I was weak and had damaged my vocal cords when I was strangled. Ambrose runs downstairs and quickly returns with some calming and healing tea. Which I gladly accept. I'll always accept tea.

"We need to talk. Well, I'll talk and you listen." Ambrose says as I take a sip. Me? Quiet? Yeah. Okay. I nod. Ambrose sighs before taking my hands in his. 

"Father Blackwood took advantage of me. He used my want for a father figure and used it against me. Well he did that the Prudence too." He says. I give him a weird glance. I swear to Satan if this is how he breaks up with me-

"And before you even think about it, I would never EVER think of leaving you. You and I are in this for the long run Hale." He says. I nod and take another sip, feeling the warmth help my throat.

"That being said.... Prudence and I are leaving." He says. I spit out my tea. Not caring about my gown, or the bed, or anything.

"EXCUSE ME?"