Tarot Time

Freya

To say that the night before was one of the best of my life would be an understatement. After the lupercalia was officially over, we all trudged out of the woods and back into our comfy beds. Leading us to now, noon the following day. I woke up before Ambrose (no surprise here) and descended the stairs to attempt to make us some lunch before our date later.

Literally nothing could kill my mood right now. I feel like I'm literally skipping through the kitchen. Praise Satan no one is around because I'm sure I look like a maniac. I open the refrigerator door and decide on breakfast for lunch. I grab a couple of eggs and the milk before turning and closing the door with my hip. 

I turn around to put the ingredients on the counter when I notice a bloody figure sitting down at the kitchen table. It scared the living shit out of me and caused me to drop one of the eggs onto the floor. I'm about to either hex them or turn and run when I notice that it's Sabrina. 

"Brina?" I ask as I get closer. "Brina what the heaven happened to you?" I ask as I grab a paper towel to try to start scraping some of the dried blood away. She sighs and look down at her hands. "So I take it you enjoyed your Lupercalia?" She asks quietly. I give her a small glare before going back to a certain strand of her hair that was absolutely caked in blood. 

"I killed a familiar." She says after a moment. "What?" I ask shocked. "Nick's Familiar." Sabrina adds and I swear my eyes get even bigger. "Okay... Um... so what happened?" I ask awkwardly. She wipes some of the dried tear stains off her cheeks. "So I was getting ready to... you know... when a wolf came out of nowhere. Turns out it was Nick's familiar. Only she is extremely possessive of him. So she tried to attack me. Nick tried to calm her down but he let it slip that he loved me and she got so angry. She tried to attack Nick so I pulled out my dagger and..." She trails off. 

"Sabrina I'm so sorry." I say as I pull her in for a tight hug. She lets out a sob and clings to me. "I don't know if he's ever going to talk to me ever again." She admits. I pull back from the hug and make her look me in the eyes. "Sabrina Spellman. That man just admitted to his familiar that he LOVES you. Okay? Believe me. Things will turn out alright." I tell her.

She sniffles and nods quietly. "Come on. Let's get all this blood off you. I can go run a hot bath in your bathroom if you want?" I ask. "Thank you, but no. I think I just need to be alone right now. Besides, aren't you and Ambrose going to that movie thing tonight?" She asks. I nod. "You can always tag along if you want." I tell her.

"Yeah, okay. Because nothing sounds better than third wheeling on a date with my best friend and my cousin." She says sarcastically as she stands up. "Talking about me, are you?" Ambrose asks strutting into the kitchen as always. I can tell he's about to make another smart ass remark but the words are taken from him when he slips on the spilled egg yolk and crashes to the ground. 

Sabrina breaks out into laughter. "Okay. That made me feel slightly better. Thanks again, Freya." Sabrina says as she steps over him and walks towards her room. I smile and walk over to Ambrose and offer him my hand. 

"Was it just me or was she covered in blood?" He asks as he takes my hand. "Ah- observant and graceful." I joke as he gets to his feet. He rolls his eyes and plants a kiss on my forehead. "So, what's for lunch?" "You're covered in it."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Freya

Dates with Ambrose are never boring. I swear we were almost kicked out of the movie theatre because we were laughing at the horror movie too much. I honestly had a great time. Even though we are magic, the mortal dates seem to be the most fun. We are walking through the streets of Greendale when it starts to pour. 

"Never a dull moment with us now is there?" Ambrose laughs as he hands me his jacket and we duck into the nearest store, which just so happens to be Cereberus's Books. I step inside and wipe my shoes at the mat to make sure I don't slip and fall on my ass like Ambrose did this morning.

"Auntie Hilda?" Ambrose calls into the store. Aunt Hilda peaks her head around the corner of one of the bookshelves. "Goodie! You're here too! You two must come over and get your tarot cards read." She cheers. She grabs my wrist and pulls me over to an old woman sitting in the corner of the store.

"I didn't know you sold readings here?" I say as I sit down across from the woman. "She doesn't. I just followed which way the wind led me and now I'm here. Perhaps it's destiny." The old woman says with a kinda creepy kinda charming smile. I simply nod. Ambrose goes to sit down next to me when she waves him off.

"Privacy young man. This young lady is the only one to see what her future may hold." She says. "As long as I'm in it, it's all good to me." Ambrose says with a smirk before disappearing into the bookshelves. The woman stares me down and starts shuffling the tarot cards.   

"Something is on your mind." She states. I sigh. "Yes, actually. I recently received a message from my mother-" "you mother is deceased, correct?" She cuts off. I slowly nod. "And you want to know what the warning is that she gave you? About something coming?" She asks. I stare at her wide-eyed. This woman must be a witch. How else would she have known. She carefully sets down three cards and turns them over one by one. 

"Ah, the lovers." She says as she flips over one card. "You're happy and content with your relationships. Especially with the young man I'm assuming." I nod and smile. "I wouldn't fret about that. However, the three of swords." She says flipping over another card. "is a sign that something might weigh down upon your relationships. Something is lurking ready to attack." She says quietly. I feel my heart speed up. This can't be real... can it? She takes her time flipping over the last card.

"The Devil." She says. I swear a crack of lightning lights up the sky for dramatic affect. "Or something evil." She says. "Beware of the forces of evil around you. They lurk closer than you realize." She says with a knowing look. I stand up and wipe my sweaty hands onto my jeans. "Thank you-" "Send the boy over." She demands suddenly. 

I turn on my heel and wander through the bookshelves until I find Aunt Hilda talking with Ambrose. Ambrose gets what's going on because he goes and sits across from the old woman. They begin talking but they are too far away for me to hear. 

"Good news in the cards?" Aunt Hilda asks. "Kinda. Do we know if this woman is legit or not? Some of the stuff she said and knew was a little too accurate." I said. Aunt Hilda giggles. "I think so. I mean she even knew about Father Blackwood proposing to Zelda!" She says happily.

"wait- WHAT?" I half yell. The old woman hushes me from across the shop. "Oh, that's right. Er, surprise. There's going to be a black wedding! Faustus and Zelda are getting married." Aunt Hilda says with a smile. I just stare at her in shock. Since when? Why? WHAT? I'm so lost. 

Last time I checked the last contact between Zelda and Father Blackwood was when she delivered Constance's babies and then STOLE one. What a secret to keep in a new marriage. I'm about to ask more questions when Ambrose runs up behind me, grabs my arm, and pulls me towards the door.

"Ambrose? What's wrong love?" I ask as he keeps pulling me down the street. He doesn't say anything, just keeps pulling me forward. "What's that in your hand?" I ask. Again, no answer. I sigh and reach forward, trying to swat the object in his hand. I finally get ahold of it and Ambrose stops abruptly. 

"Ambrose.... what's wrong?" I ask. He just stares at me with pure fear in his eyes. I take a deep breath and flip over the card in my hands. It's one of the tarot cards from the old lady. 

Death.