Top Person?

A/N Let us all take a moment to look and appreciate this photo. Moment of silence for my heart which just exploded.

Freya

"Remember when Edward was top boy at the academy?" Aunt Zelda asks Hilda who nods with excitement as we gather in the living room. After a long day of classes and preparation for the top boy competition, we all decided that it would be nice to sleep in our own beds tonight. 

"How he dazzled the coven with his knowledge and rhetoric. That appointment changed his life. It's a straight shot from Top Boy to High Priest." Aunt Zelda says as she takes a sip of her drink. "Top boy, Sabrina?" Aunt Hilda asks. Sabrina picks up her head from her book.

"I mean, that suggests a certain kind of permanence, doesn't it?" Aunt Hilda murmurs as she looks back down at her knitting. "The gauntlet was thrown, Aunt Hilda." Sabrina says with a smirk. "And you, rabble-rouser that you are, had to take it up." Ambrose says coming into the room with our picnic basket. Ah yes, date night. My favorite night.

"Well isn't this cute." Sabrina says rolling her eyes as Ambrose helps me up from the pile of books on the floor. "Isn't he?" I ask with a smile as I kiss his cheek. The Aunties smile while Sabrina goes back to her books.

"Well thank you ladies. I always look my best for my favorite girl. After all, I gotta give her something to think about since date night is cut short tonight. Don't worry Sabrina, I'll give Nick your best." Ambrose says as he guides me towards the front door.

"You're meeting Nick? Where?" Sabrina asks, suddenly interested in Ambrose's night plans. "Some warlock only club." I say with a sigh. I wasn't too happy about the idea of Ambrose leaving our date for some club thing, but I also wanted him to be happy and spend some time with his new friends.

"It's Academy tradition for the High Priest to take prospective Top Boys out for a night of debauchery. Which I will not be partaking in." He adds that last part when I glare at him. "Then why wasn't I invited?" Sabrina asks. "It's some bro thing. Guys only. I tried to convince Ambrose to bring me but no luck." I explain.

"You couldn't go even if you were invited, Sabrina. You've got far too much studying to do before the Inquisition." Aunt Zelda tells her. "If you hurry, you might catch Cassius before he shutters the Academy's library for the night." Ambrose tells Sabrina. 

"I'll do that." Sabrina says with a half smile. "But when the time comes, I will have your vote, won't I?" Sabrina asks. "Of course Brina! Couldn't imagine anyone else for the position. I'll help you study when I get back." I tell her. Ambrose pauses. Too long of a pause if you ask me. 

"Ambrose?" Sabrina asks. "Let's see how you do in the three challenges first." He finally says as he drags me out the front door. I swear you can hear my jaw hit the floor as he ushers us out the front door. 

"You can't possible mean that?" I ask as we start down the path into the woods to our normal spot. "Mean what?" He asks as he pushes a tree branch aside for me. Always the gentleman.

"Voting for Sabrina." I say. He just sighs. "The position is held by a man for a reason. It is called Top Boy." He says. "So you think a woman can't do a so called man's job?" I ask defensively, crossing my arms over my chest. He lowers his head and stops walking. 

"Freya, that's not what I meant. It's just..." He says trailing off. I stop and turn to him. "What? Ambrose are you okay?" I ask putting my hand on his shoulder. He turns his head and kisses my hand. "I'm fine. It's just all of my colleagues and friends are pushing this whole male dominated society thing. I don't want to lose my spot with the High Priest." He explains.

"I understand. Maybe you can be the one to put forward the idea that women can lead too? I just don't want to see the coven fall into some bullshit." I say with a laugh. He pulls my hand off his shoulder and takes it into his. 

"Then bullshit it will not be. Come on, my love. I'm starving." He says as he continues our walk through the woods to the spot we have claimed as our own.

--------------------------------------

Freya

No matter how hard I begged, Ambrose still left to go to that party thing. Dorian's Gray Room I think it's called? Oh well. I almost got him to stay but he caught onto my games. So while he left to go see his bros, I made my way to the Academy's library where I knew Sabrina would be pulling an all nighter.

"Brina?" I ask as I descend the stairs into the thousands of shelves. "Back here!" She calls. It takes me a minute to find her, but she's sitting at a large table covered in books. Half of them are open and the other half have been marked up and high lighted. 

"Seems like you're having a party in here." I joke. She scoffs and pulls up a chair. I walk around the table and graze the book stacks. I don't even know what half of this shit it. I've never even heard of some of these magics. Praise Satan I'm not the one in the competition. 

"Where did all these come from?" I ask. "Cassius pulled them for me. Only I have no idea what I'm going to read them all." "Well I'll take this half, read them, and give you the important information." I say with a smile as I divide the stack.

"You'd do this for me?" Sabrina asks with a smile. "I'd do anything for you Brina. Besides, you cousin isn't home for me to torment so I have to find something to keep me entertained." I joke. She gives me a quick hug before turning back to her three open books. 

I've always been one that loves to read.... but damn this was a lot. In the past hour I've maybe skimmed 4 books. Pulling the important information for Sabrina and trying not to lose my mind in the process. The library was quiet. A little too quiet for my liking. Until there's some squeaking.

"Brina... did you hear something?" I ask. She looks up from her book and shakes her head. I shrug. Must be my imagination. Until I hear it again. Only a little louder this time. "You heard it that time? Right?" I ask. Sabrina nods and we both stand, looking around the room for the source of the sound. 

"Hello?" Sabrina calls out. "You are the child born of Spellman." A creepy voice calls out. I jump and scan the room but Sabrina has already found the perp. Some creepy looking demon standing at the top of the stairs. I grab Sabrina's hand and we brace ourselves for action.

"Who are you?" I ask. "Know me girl. I am Asmodeus." He says with a growl. "Is this some kind of joke? Because if it is, than it's not funny." Sabrina asks. I turn to her with wide eyes. Are you fucking crazy? Not the time to joke around. There's a demon standing maybe ten feet away from us. I swear this girl has a death wish. 

"I bring you tidings of filth and disease. I bring you the minions of plague. Swarming to infect and feast on the flesh of a bastard witch and her friend." Asmodeus calls out. Suddenly, thousands of rats descend the stairs and come racing towards us. I scream and we both head back to the table. 

Sabrina starts looking through books but I climb on top of the table and start using the books as weapons to keep the rats away from me. Sabrina starts freaking out and the rats start to gather at her feet but I reach down and pull her up on the table with me. She fumbles through books while I keep batting away the rogue rats. 

"Accio Banishing Charm!" I yell holding out my arm. Hoping it would come to me. "Are you using a Harry Potter spell? Seriously?!" Sabrina yells. "Listen I'll try anything right now. You got any better ideas!" I hiss back. "Wait! You're right!" She yells back. 

She starts mumbling something under her breath in Latin as the demon pulls a large knife out from his robes. "I don't know what you're doing but you better hurry up!" I yell as I swing my book at another rat, making it go flying across the room. A book flies from a nearby shelf and into Sabrina's hands. She quickly flips through it and finds the thing she needs. A banishment spell. 

She holds the book out for me to see and we start rattling off the spell. The demon comes closer and closer and I'm basically screaming the words now. Suddenly, a bright light fills the room and the demon and the rats all let out a deafening scream before turning to dust. The light goes out and Sabrina and I just stand on the table in the now very dusty library.

Sabrina turns to me and wraps me in a tight hug.

"Um.... what the fuck?"