Harrowing Part 2

Freya

Damn, I miss my bed at the Spellman house. The beds at the academy were hard and the blankets were so thin that you couldn't help but to freeze at night. After I got back from sneaking off, I went straight to bed. I wanted to make sure that I got as much sleep as I could because I knew that the weird sisters would harrow me tonight. I was almost about to fall asleep when the blankets were ripped of me and Sabrina.

"Guys, please. We have no reason to hate each other." Sabrina pleads. "Wrong. We have plenty o reasons to hate you. Your father betrayed his own kind to marry a mortal. You'll betray us the first chance you get. If you survive the harrowing." Prudence threatens. Dorcas and Prudence grab Sabrina and drag her out of bed. Agatha takes my upper arm and guides me out of the room. Obviously being way more careful with me. 

The girls walked me and Sabrina towards the woods. They took our shoes so every step was cold and sharp. I'm sure the bottoms of my feet were bleeding, but they didn't seem to care. The three shoved us into a clearing. In the middle of the clearing was a tall, beautiful tree. At least, I think it was beautiful. It was so dark that it was hard to tell. 

"This is the same path the Greendale 13, who'd survived torture and imprisonment, walked to the noose." Prudence tells us. "They kept their eyes straight ahead, fixed on the path." Agatha says, circling us. "Mortals surrounded them on either side, and if any witch lifted their eyes to meet a human's gaze-" Dorcas starts. "They were stoned to death on the spot." Prudence finished with a wicked smile. Sabrina and I took our spots in front of the tree. 

"What do we do now?" Sabrina asks shakily. "You do exactly what the original 13 did. You stand in the wet, cold night." Prudence says as the sisters remove our robes, leaving us in plain white nightgowns. "Exposed." Dorcas says. "Without rest." Agatha adds. "And you don't turn around, no matter what you hear." Prudence says with a laugh. "For how long?" I ask. "Until dawn." "And if I turn around?" Sabrina asks. Only the sisters don't answer this time. 

"Hello?" Sabrina asks. "I think they're gone." I whisper. "What do you think will happen if we turn around?" Sabrina asks, eyes still fixed on the tree. I shrug. "Why did you do this to yourself?" Sabrina asks. "I couldn't let you do this alone. Sabrina, you've been my best friend since birth, I couldn't let you go through this alone." I say. She takes my hand and we stand in silence. 

"Freya?" I hear Parker call out in fear. "Freya! Help me! These girls-" "Parker?" I ask. "Freya no! I hear it too. But I hear Harvey. It's not them." She tells me. I nod my head and try to ignore it. "Don't listen to her Freya! Of course it's me!" The voice calls out. I swear it sounds just like Parker. "Please, please, turn around." The voice pleads. "You're not my sister." I say trying not to cry. Suddenly the voice starts crying out in pain and tears fall down my cheeks. Sabrina's hold on my hand tightens. I can tell she's crying too. The screaming stops. 

"Daughters." Two male voices say. Sabrina and I both tense. I don't remember the voice so clearly, but I can instantly tell that it's my father. I'm assuming that the other voice is Sabrina's dad. "Dad?" Sabrina asks. "Sabrina....." I warn. "Our father's died. Together. We never got to know them. We don't even know that those are their voices. Sabrina don't turn around." I plead. She nods. I squeeze my eyes closed and pray that this night goes by quickly. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Freya

That night was anything but quick. In fact, it was one of the worst nights of my life. All the voices of all the people I cared about came to me. Winter, Mason, Roz, Susie, and even Ambrose. Each one was hurt or in danger..... and I couldn't help any of them. Praise Satan Sabrina and I were together, I don't think either of us could have made it through the night alone. The sun was rising, I'm sure it made the sky look so beautiful. But my eyes were trained on the tree. It was almost hard to see because my eyes were so dry from all the crying. I'm sure I looked like a mess. 

"You can turn around now. You've passed their test." Quentin says. I don't trust the voice, but Sabrina whips around like it was no big deal. Seeing that she didn't die right away, I turn around to. It really was Quentin. 

"Quentin, you shouldn't be here. These woods aren't safe." I tell him. The boy shrugs and looks around. "There's nothing out here that can hurt me anymore. Come, I'll show you." He says. I shoot Sabrina a questioning look, but we follow him anyway. Through a small patch of trees, Quentin guides us to a little makeshift cemetery. Each stone reads a name and an age. None of these kids lived to be older than 17. My heart feels like it was going to shatter. 

"What? What is this?" Sabrina asks kneeling down next to Quentin's grave. "There used to be a groundskeeper that buried us, but he died many years ago." Quentin explains. "All of these kids... they died from-" I start. "The harrowing miss." Quentin says with a sad smile. "Would you like to meet the others?" He asks. When Sabrina and I look up, we are surrounded by a dozen  kids. All about our age or younger. I start to cry again. "Oh, Quentin." Sabrina says softly. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Freya

Sabrina and I had sprinted all the way back to the academy, not caring that our feet hurt, or that we were cold, or that we were exhausted. We ran all the way back. We rush back to our rooms and grab some clothes and shower before going to the phones to make a very important call. Sabrina dials the number to the mortuary and I lean in to try to hear.

"Spellman Sisters Mortuary, how may I assist you?" Aunt Hilda chirps. Just the sound of her voice sends a wave of relief through my body. "Aunt Hilda, it's us." Sabrina sighs into the phone. I hear Aunt Hilda gasp and call into the house. "Oh it's Sabrina! It's Sabrina and Freya!" She calls. I hear two sets of footsteps come up to the phone. "Oh it's so nice to hear your voice. How are you, my little possum." Aunt Hilda coos before there is a muffled sound. Probably Aunt Zelda grabbing the phone. 

"Uh, I'm fine. Freya's fine too. But we need your and Aunt Zelda's help." Sabrina says into the phone. "Sabrina? This is Zelda. What kind of help? What have you girls done now?" Zelda says. "Children are dying at the Academy, Aunt Zee, and no one is doing anything to stop it." Sabrina explains. "Dying? Dying how?" Zelda asks. "Students have been harrowed to death by other students." I say. Sabrina pushes the phone towards me. "And now we are being harrowed." 

"Are they now?" Zelda says. I can hear her take a drag of her cigarette. "We'll be right there, love." Hilda says. I let Sabrina talk with the Aunties for a moment until Sabrina taps my shoulder. "For you." She says holding out the phone with a smile. I take it and put it up to my ear. "Hello?" I question. 

"You don't sound very excited to talk to me." Ambrose says. Probably with that adorable yet stupid smirk on his face. I sigh. "Sorry Ambrose....long night." "So I've heard. The Aunties are packing up their stuff to head to you and Sabrina right now. I've given Aunt Hilda something to give to you. I hope it helps you." He pauses. "You are alright, right?" He asks. I feel tears stinging my eyes. "Oh Ambrose, it was so terrible. I felt so helpless and scared. I couldn't do anything." I say starting to cry. "Please don't cry, Frey. You did it. You managed to make it through. You are clearly the toughest witch I know. It won't be long now. We'll make those girls pay." He tells me. "Just keep being strong." "I'll try."