Warning Signs

Freya

If that call with Parker made me realize anything, it was that I miss her more than anything in the world. She, Winter, and Mason are my true family. The Spellman's were amazing, but at the end of the day they weren't blood. I tried to invite them over for dinner, but Parker shot me down almost immediately. I could tell that something was off, but didn't have the heart to ask since we were having such a good conversation.

"I wonder why she refused." Sabrina says as we near the academy. I shrug my shoulders. "I'm not sure. Maybe it has to do with Winter being exposed to magic? I mean that's why I'm living with you guys. Even if that was the truth, it shouldn't matter. Parker was a witch. She knows that we would never hurt Winnie or Mason." I tell her as we open the doors. 

Everyone just stops what they are doing and stares at us. Well, mostly Sabrina, but still. "Sabrina! Freya!" Nick calls running up to us. Normally, Sabrina would be happy to see her only warlock friend. But apparently not after last night.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry for how everything went down with the resurrection." Nick says to Sabrina. "How did you hear?" She asks suddenly. Does she not remember seeing him last night? Granted, if I went through something that traumatic, I'd tend to try to forget certain details as well. Nick looks at me, confused as to why she wouldn't remember.

"Bad news travels fast." Nick says sadly. "It's all anybody's talking about. Your failed resurrection." Prudence says from behind us with a fake smile. I whip around and sure enough, the weird sisters are back to being their wicked selves. I can't help but notice how good Agatha looks. Nothing like the ghost of herself from when she was sick. The three cackle and go off to Satan knows where.

"How is the mortal?" Nick asks after a moment. I glare at him. Silently telling him to shut up. He clearly doesn't get the message. Ugh. Men. "His name is Harvey. And he's devastated. We broke up." Sabrina says looking down at the floor. I swear to Satan I see Nick perk up a little, but this quickly fades. 

"You really love him, don't you?" Nick asks. Sabrina nods. "That's the thing I envy about mortals.  The way they can give themselves to each other.  Witches are aces at passion and lust, but when it comes to love-" "Don't say it like it's not possible for witches to love one another." I interject. Nick looks at me. 

"Like you would know." He spits back. "Maybe I do." I fire back crossing my arms. Nick scoffs and rolls his eyes. "Why? Has Ambrose told you he loves you? Come on. Tell us. Has he?" He asks. No. He hasn't. I just continue glaring at Nick. "Didn't think so." 

"Bugger off Scratch. Not like that would be any of your business anyway." Ambrose says coming around the corner. He pushes the heavy books that he's carrying into Nick's chest, pushing him back a little. "Take those to Cassius. Bring Sabrina with you. I need to speak to Freya." He says glaring at Nick. Nicks smirks, offers his arm to Sabrina, and the two walk towards the library.

"You really shouldn't let him get to you." Ambrose says after a moment. I sigh and uncross my arms. "I know." I admit. Ambrose takes my hand and starts leading me through the halls, weaving between students as they linger in the halls. Finally we get to the Academy's greenhouse. It's full of potion ingredients and other things that I've never ever head of.

"Sneak out with me tonight." He says suddenly. "Breaking the rules already? You just got here." I tease. He rolls his eyes and snakes his arm around my waist. "Please. Freya. Who knew that being free would be so stressful. I need this. Please." He practically begs. I pretend to think this over, but he knew the answer from the second he asked.

"Fine. But when you get in trouble and sent back to house arrest, don't expect me to break you out." I say rolling my eyes. He plants a quick peck on my lips. "Thank you love. Meet back here at 11." He whispers. I nod.