Satan's Back

Freya's POV

"Aunt Hilda! Aunt Zelda!" Sabrina cries as we run into the house. "And where have you been all night?!" Aunt Zelda demands. Back to her all black attire, cigarette in hand. "Do you have any idea what's going on, Sabrina? The trouble we're in?" Aunt Zelda continues. 

"Aunties! Listen to me for one second! Miss Wardwell manipulated me into fulfilling a prohecy, one that's meant to bring about the end of the world. Because of me, the Dark Lord has assumed his original form and is somewhere in Greendale. And the Gates of Hell are going to open, releasing the hordes of hell." Sabrina explains quickly. Nick, Ambrose, and I stand back and watch the scene unfold.

"Sorry, all of this is- is happening now?" Aunt Hilda asks, confused. "Now or very soon." Sabrina says. "According to the prophecy I found, his plan is to enslave the tribes of human and witch-kind, and to rule over everything with his demon army." Nick says.

"There's more. Sabrina created a mandrake that's absorbed her witch powers." Ambrose adds. "All of them!?" Hilda cries out. "And that's not even the worst of it." Sabrina says. "What's worse than you being mortal?" Aunt Zelda jeers.

"She's meant to rule by the Dark Lord's side as his queen with me as her handmaiden." I say. I quickly look away. "HOW? Wh- As his child bride? Well- Over my dead body. You're too young." Aunt Zelda hisses as she blows out smoke from her cigarette. "You'll stand against the Dark Lord?" Ambrose asks. 

"To defend Sabrina? Certainly?" Aunt Zelda says. "Family comes first. And the Dark Lord is not without his aversions." She adds. "Iron spikes!" Ambrose shouts. "And onions!" aunt Hilda adds standing up. "Spellmans." Aunt Zelda says with a wicked smirk. 

"If Sabrina is the Dark Lord's prize, Sabrina he will not have. We'll build a protection around the house. Chop-chop. Nicholas, you can put those strapping shoulders of your to good use and help." Aunt Zelda says. Everyone takes off in different directions. Ambrose and Nick take to the front yard and start hammering Iron spikes into the ground, like a fence of sorts. Sabrina and I start nailing onions to every door frame and window pane. Satan's not getting in. Not today Satan. 

"Sabrina? We need to find out where in Greendale the Dark Lord is?" Nick says running up the stairs to us on the porch. I finish the nail I'm working on. "The more we know, the more prepared we'll be." He tells her. I'm about to say something when I see a truck coming down the driveway? 

"Is that?" I ask. Roz, Harvey, and Theo come climbing out. "Sabrina!" Harvey yells. "Harvey!" Sabrina calls back. "Harry!" Nick says at the same time. I roll my eyes and run down the steps to greet them all in one tight hug. The three of my friends let me go and stare at Sabrina.

"Are you the real Sabrina?" Harvey asks. "What do you mean?" Sabrina asks back. "Or are you the Sabrina that tried to kill us and turn us into vegetables?" Roz yells. "Yeah, but don't worry! I killed them." Theo adds. 

"Oh no, that was someone else, that was something else." Sabrina says. They look to me and I nod. "What the hell is going on?" Harvey asks walking towards Sabrina and Nick. "Guys, the Dark Lord is in Greendale! And he wants to jump-start the Apocalypse by opening the Gates of Hell, which are also apparently in Greendale." Sabrina explains.

"Shit." Theo whispers. "In the mines?" Harvey asks. "Actually, yeah. That's probably exactly where they are." I say. Because of course. Why wouldn't they be. "If they're in the mines, we can help!" Harvey says. "No offense, farm boy, but you'll wanna sit this one out." Nick says.

"I wasn't talking to you." Harvey spits. "I was talking to Sabrina. Let us help. Let us find the Gates of Hell at least." Harvey pleads. "Sabrina, they're mortal." Nick warns. "Don't forget Nick, so am I." Sabrina says sadly. 

"Like, mortal mortal?" Harvey asks. "It's a long story." I say with a sigh. "If you can find the gates, great. If you can stop them from opening, even better." Sabrina says. "We've got this." Harvey says. I give them all one last hug before the Aunties call us all back into the house. Roz, Harvey, and Theo all hop in the truck and drive off.

Please let that not be the last time I ever see them.

"Oh this doesn't make sense! In the Satanic Bible, there's no mention of the world being destroyed and remade into a Hell on Earth!" Aunt Zelda says flipping through the pages. "Well, why would there be? The Dark Lord wants us to serve him, so he kept the truth hidden from us But this time, it's not just Greendale that's at stake, it's the world." Sabrina says. 

"What, if anything, can be done, then?" Aunt Hilda asks. "Protect Sabrina, at all costs. If this prophecy is to be believed she is a key piece of the Dark Lord's plans." Aunt Zelda says. "Which makes me think my father knew." Sabrina says sadly. I wrap my arm around her shoulders. 

"Are you suggesting Edward colluded with the Dark Lord?" Aunt Zelda gasps. "Aunt Zelda, the Dark Lord needed me. A girl who represented the two tribes. He wants to rule over humans and witches. Why else would my father have married my mother?" Sabrina says. "Love." I tell her.

"Even if that's true, you'll not be the Dark Lord's Queen. We'll find a way. We're Spellmans. We always find a way." Aunt Zelda says. "I may have found something in the Demonomicon." Ambrose says walking into the room. "The melmoth spell." He says placing a book in Sabrina's lap.

"I carve a sigil onto your soul. It's quite painful and bloody but it makes so the Dark Lord cannot see you, provided you're constantly moving." Ambrose says. He doesn't sound too confident. "So I'd have to run for the rest of my life?" Sabrina asks. "Sabrina doesn't even run in gym." I say with a smirk.

"It'll do no good to run." Miss Wardwell says stepping into the parlor. "Believe me, I've tried." She says. Everyone rises and stands as if we were all about to pounce. "Here to do more of your master's biding?" Sabrina asks sarcastically. "What's this now?" Hilda asks. "She's the Dark Lord's lackey." Sabrina explains. 

"She's been plotting against me. Against us. This whole time." Sabrina adds. "It that so?" Aunt Zelda says coldly as she takes a step forward. "Is that how you got past our protection?" She asks. "Well I don't have the same aversion to onions as our Dark Lord. Come along now. He doesn't like to be kept waiting." She says holding out her hand to Sabrina.

"Not a step further, witch." Aunt Zelda says. She, Aunt Hilda, Ambrose, and I step forward and hold out our palms. Creating a barrier between us and her. "Witch? I'm not a witch. Well, not only a witch." Miss Wardwell says. 

"Then what the heaven are you?" I hiss. "Sabrina herself, walked in my shoes. If only for a night." Wardwell says. "You're Lilith?" Sabrina asks. We all drop our palms. Oh shit. Oh shit. We pissed off Lilith. The first woman. The first witch. The mother of demons. 

"What did you do to Miss Wardwell?" Sabrina asks. She ignores this. "Now you have to come with me. Or he will come to you and destroy everything and everyone in his path." Wardwel- Lilith explains. Sabrina thinks this over for a moment before walking to her.

"No!" We all yell. Sis we just set up this house to keep him away and now you're going to just walk to him? "I have to face him." Sabrina says. "I need answers. I need, at a minimum, to know the truth about my mother and father." Sabrina adds.

"You are powerless my love! You'll be like a lamb to the slaughter." Aunt Hilda says. "I'll go with her!" I yell. "No one can come with." Lilith says. I march forward and get in her face. "I am Sabrina's handmaiden. I go where she goes." I say defiantly. I try to sound confident even though I am quite literally shaking. Lilith thinks this over for a second.

"Fine. Although you'll need to change. No one sees the Dark Lord looking like... well you two." She says before walking out of the house. Before I can say anything Ambrose pulls me to him and kisses me deeply. 

"If anything happens to you I swear to heaven that we will destroy the Dark Lord." He mumbles as he pulls back. The aunties hug Sabrina and I goodbye and we march out the door where Lilith is waiting for us rather impatiently. 

Fuck. Here we go.