Going to Hell

Freya's POV

Sabrina and I spent the next month- yes MONTH- studying about ways to sneak into Hell and get back totally unharmed. It wasn't going to be easy, but we think that we might have found a way. When I wasn't with Sabrina I was either with the coven or my mortal friends. 

The coven was now being run in the Spellman Mortuary by our new High Priestess..... Zelda Spellman. Sis deserved it to be honest. As for my mortal friends, I guess they've taken a sudden interest in music. They've created their own little band called The Fright Club. Again, not to keen on the name but I'll be there to support my friends no matter what.

I haven't heard from Ambrose. I don't like it. Every once in a while I'll pray that he might send a letter or stop by, but I also know that he is constantly on the move. I just have to trust my gut and believe that he is safe and well. Prudence too.

I'm currently sitting in my room reading and practicing spells when I hear someone come bolting up the stairs. 

"I've figured it out!" Sabrina says as she runs in, waking Kai from his nap. "Figured what out?" I ask. "How to get to hell and back with all our friends!" She exclaims. "Wait- our mortal friends? Sabrina you know that that's incredibly dangerous." I say closing my books. 

"I know. I know. But they volunteered. Now come on! It's now or never!" She says as she turns and runs down the stairs. "Now?" I yell down to her. I turn and face myself in the mirror. I guess this is as good as any an outfit to wear to my first (hopefully last) trip to hell. 

----------------------

Freya's POV

After washing ourselves down with ghastly water, water you get from cleaning dead bodies, and putting on dead people's shoes, we were ready to go to Hell. Now, if you're any sane person, everything I just said should make little to no sense. Don't worry. I'm on the same page with you. 

Oh, and to add even more confusion, we are getting to hell through a magic portal that exists inside of one of the paintings in Dorian's Gray Room. Are you still with me? 

"Mind you, the inferno is a lonely, desolate place. You might not see many monster or demons, but they're there. Find your way to the city of Pandemonium as quickly as possible. And don't forget, the incantation I gave you to transport you back, it won't work unless you're holding my flower." Dorian explains as he stands us in front of the portal. 

Everything comes with a price for Dorian. The deal he made with Sabrina was that he would get us to hell in back safely for some kind of flower. Didn't know flowers grew in hell. I didn't know there were cities in hell. I guess I just don't know a lot about hell.

"I love you guys. Also, everybody stay close." Sabrina says as we all join hands. I take a deep breath and nod to Sabrina. She waits for everyone else to give the okay before sticking her hand into the painting portal which sucks us all in. It feels as though all the oxygen has been squeezed from my lungs as if I was in some tight tube.

I finally open my eyes when I feel myself collide with the ground. Only the ground is soft and squishy. I sit up and gasp for air. That's when I notice that a giant wave is about to come crashing down on me. I quickly scramble up and move before it can drown me. I'm on a beach? A disgusting trash covered beach. 

"Everyone okay?" Sabrina calls out. I turn and spot her 50 feet away. I start running towards her when my foot gets caught on something and I go crashing to the ground. "FREYA!" I hear Sabrina yell. I see a hand reach down in front of my face and I take it, thinking it's Harvey. It's not until I'm pulled up that I realize it isn't.

Staring down at me is a fairly attractive man, maybe a year or so older than I am. I quickly pull my hand away and try to create some distance between us. This dude could be some sick demon for all I know. I can't help but notice that he looks like he should belong on the cover of some kind of romance novel.

"And who might you be?" He asks, eyebrows furrowed. "I have to go." I reply awkwardly as I start walking away from him. He follows me. "You don't seem to be from around here. Surely I would remember someone like you." He says reaching out and grabbing a loose strand of my hair. I smack his hand away before even thinking. 

"Where are we? Who are those people in cages?" Sabrina demands once we get close enough. "The Shores of Sorrow. They're the souls of the damned. They drown as the tide rolls in, over and over and over again for all eternity." The stranger says. I try to look anywhere but this man's exposed chest. Trust me, I'm not thinking about it, but it was rather distracting.

"Um... We're looking for Lilith." Sabrina says after a few seconds. "Madam Satan? Queen of Hell?" She adds after there is no response. The stranger smiles at Sabrina flirtatiously. "All blood flows to Pandemonium." He says pointing to a blood trail, making sure to flex his muscles. This makes me roll my eyes.

"Follow the blood-red road where it flows, and there you'll find the throne of Hell." He says. "Great, it's like a fucked up Wizard of Oz." I say with a sigh. The stranger looks at me and lets out a low chuckle. "I suppose. We'll see if your sense of humor makes it to Pandemonium." He says with a wink. I try to hide the disgust on my face.

"Come on. Let's go." Sabrina says awkwardly, leading us towards the blood red road. The bottoms of all of our shoes quickly get stained. Usually I love the color red, but this something just isn't right about this. Lined alongside the path are hundreds of thousands of bodies, hung up like scarecrows with their eyes picked out by the crows that hover above them. It's quite lovely. 

"Don't look. Nobody look." I say as I focus Roz's attention back onto the path. The sights of the dead bodies and their moans clearly getting to all of us. "Wait-" Theo says stopping in his tracks. "Is that... Uncle Jesse?" Theo says before sprinting into the crowd of human scarecrows. 

"DON'T" Sabrina yells. "Get back on the path!" I yell. I sigh before running in after Theo. I finally catch up with the others shortly behind me. Sure enough, Jesse Putnam was strung up, getting his eyes pecked out by birds. He looks almost as bad as he did when he had that demon in him. 

"How did... how did he get here? He doesn't belong here!" Theo cries out. Uncle Jesse doesn't respond. "This-this isn't right." Theo cries out. "Susie..." Uncle Jesse moans out. Shifting a little although it clearly causes him a significant amount of pain. 

"What happened to you Uncle Jesse?" Theo asks. "She sent me here." Jesse responds. Theo visibly tenses up. "Who did?" He asks. "Lilith." Jesse manages to hiss out. "Lilith did? Madam Satan?" Sabrina asks in shock. Uncle Jesse just moans. 

"Sabrina! Freya! Please. Is there anything you can do? Some spell you can cast?" Theo cries. Sabrina hangs her head knowing that there isn't much. I step forward and hold my hands in front of Jesse Putnam's chest before stepping back.

"There. No one will hurt him before we're back. But Theo, we need to go and we need to go now. Magic doesn't get unnoticed here in Hell." I say. Theo cries but nods and we all run back to the blood red road, too nervous to look back.