Reclaiming

Freya's POV

The five of us are all shuffled into one of the most beautiful rooms I've ever seen. The throne room of Hell. Everything is gold and beautiful. Not dingy and bloody like everything else we've seen this far. In the center of the room is a giant hand made of gold, in which Lilith is perched. 

"Sabrina. Freya. How wonderful, you came to visit. You've brought your little chums." Lilith says with such an obvious fake smile. "You know why we're here." Sabrina says. Lilith stands from her throne and looks down at us. 

"Oh, you mean young Nicholas Scratch? He's right over there." Lilith says motioning to a corner of the room where Nick is chained to a pillar dressed in little to no clothes. "Nick!" Sabrina cries out as she goes to run to him. I grab her wrist and pull her back. I don't trust anything here.

"No, no. There's plenty if time for tearful reunions after dinner. There are certain protocols that must be followed, even in Hell." Lilith says as she descends the few stairs that lead up to the throne. "What's happening to him.... on the inside?" Sabrina asks.

"Of himself? Well, I'm sure he and the Dark Lord are having all sorts of fascinating conversations. Now come along, the lot of you." Lilith says with a smirk as she begins walking out of the throne room. I give Nick one last glance before basically dragging Sabrina out of the room to follow Lilith. Down a short hall there's a large ornate door which opens to reveal a large table filled with delicious looking food. A little too similar to when we were offered food when we met the Dark Lord for the first time.

"Don't eat that." Roz says after Harvey goes to pick up a piece of meat. "Trust me. It's not edible." Roz warns. I push my plate away from me. If Roz is seeing something we aren't I'd rather trust her than get violently ill from eating food in Hell. We all look at the food in front of us in disgust.

"I have a question. Why do you still look like Miss Wardwell?" I ask, changing the subject. "Well, I grew comfortable wearing her skin, and a face like this is hard to beat." Lilith says with a smirk. Okay sis. Go off. "Do you want to see my real one? I mean, my green one?" Lilith asks.

"No. What I want is Nick out of here." Sabrina says. "And Jesse Putnam's soul." Theo whispers. "And Jesse Putnam too." Sabrina adds quickly. "I'll look into this for you. Jesse Putnam, it is? But my dear, aren't you forgetting? Nicholas Scratch has the Devil inside him?" Lilith asks Sabrina. 

"I'll find a different prison for my father." Sabrina says. Lilith takes a deep breath. "All right. You can have him. On one condition." Lilith says. "Which is?" Sabrina asks, leaning forward in anticipation. "The hierarchy of Hell has been in the tiniest state of turmoil. Lately, the infernal kings refuse to recognize my authority." Lilith explains. 

"So you want Sabrina to crown you.... again?" I infer. "I need her to do it again. Here." Lilith says. "And then I get Nick back?" Sabrina asks. Lilith nods. Sabrina looks to me and I raise and eyebrow. It's not really my say I guess. 

"Fine. I'll do it. But no tricks." Sabrina says. Lilith smiles. "Excellent."

-----------------------------------

Freya's POV

"Infernal Court, I bid you welcome." Lilith announces as the Three Kings of Hell stride into the room. Ah yes, the three demons who attacked Sabrina and I during her quest to be Top Boy. We are back in the throne room surrounded by demons. I definitely caught one of them smelling me, but I try to ignore that fact. Lilith is in the throne with Sabrina standing at her side. I'm resting on the stairs that lead up to the throne. Damn my inferior position.

"The city of Pandemonium has an honored guest. May I present to the hordes, Sabrina Morningstar, daughter of Lucifer Morningstar. In his absence she has come to officially declare me Queen of Hell." Lilith explains. "Yes, that is right." Sabrina says, holding her head up high.

"This is treason! Heresy." One of the Kings yell. "Lilith is a concubine, not a queen. We do not recognize her." Another yells. "She was Lucifer's whore." The third one adds. I have to hold in my gasp. "The realms are in chaos, and the Earth, the pit, the heavens, the cosmos, they all reject Lilith's claim to the throne." The one in the middle declares. 

"And who do you propose would rule?" Lilith questions. The demon kings smile. Smile? I think anyway. "All hail Caliban, Prince of Hell!" The Kings say as the doors to the throne room open. In walks that guy from the beach. Hair still messed up from the wind. He wears a vest and pants. Nothing else. Chest on full display to the court. Not that some of us minded.

"Molded from the clay of the pit itself." A king says. That makes sense. I mean those abs were definitely sculpted. Dammit Freya! Get your head back in the game. Don't let some hot guy with washboard abs distract you from the task at hand. 

"Hello again." Caliban says as he walks forward. He grabs my hand and gives it a quick kiss as he bows. "Uh... hi." I say. He moves onto greeting Sabrina in the same fashion as he did me. He skips over Lilith on purpose and takes his spot with the Kings of Hell.

"What is this?" Lilith asks. "This is salvation. Since the Dark Lord's desertion, the nine circles of Hell have been breaking down. I, Caliban, will restore stability and do what Lucifer failed to do... conquer the Earth." He says with a smirk. "Remake it as our tenth circle and enslave the tribes of mortal and witch." He adds. I feel my stomach drop. Fuck. 

"We'll lose everything." I hear Lilith whisper. Sabrina looks to Nick for any kind of comfort. That's when I see her eyes glaze over as if she is in some sort of trance. I want to go up to her and snap her out of it, but it's not use. Lilith warned be that acting out in front of the court as a handmaiden would end very poorly for me. Sabrina snaps out of it and looks down at me. 

"No, we won't." She says in response to Lilith. "I am Sabrina Morningstar," Sabrina says. Really? Didn't we just do this? Fuck it. I'm in. "and that throne is mine by blood and by birth." Sabrina says. "Yours to give to me, you mean." Lilith says quietly. 

"No. Mine to claim." Sabrina says sitting in the throne. Lilith is then brought down to the steps with me. Evening the playing field.... bitch. 

"We do not accept this. The witch lives on Earth. She cannot possibly rule Hell." One of the King says. "You obviously never been to high school." Sabrina says, mocking the demon who hisses at her. "You are a child. Not a queen." Another demon says.

"I am a young woman." Sabrina argues. "You cannot fulfill your father's duties." The demon argues right back. "I can...." Sabrina says with a mischievous look on her face. "With Lilith as my advisor. Isn't that what kings and queens do when they're too young to rule?" Sabrina says. 

"A regent." Lilith says rolling her eyes. "Then Lilith is my regent." Sabrina says from atop the throne. "I dispute this." Caliban says stepping forward once more. Lilith glares at him. "Dispute this on what grounds?" She asks. 

"Monarchs rule by divine rights. The daughter of the Morningstar is half-mortal, not divine at all. If she wants the crown, she's going to have to prove herself worthy. Infernal law states any king or queen may be challenged by their courts. I, Caliban, Prince of Hell-" "A long or queen may be challenged, it's true, but a certain number of signatures is required." Lilith says cutting pretty boy off. 

"In other words, back the heaven off." I hiss at him. He looks me up and down before returning his gaze to Lilith and Sabrina. "The infernal crown will crush you." Caliban warns. 

"Maybe. Maybe not."