Adventures In Hell

Freya's POV

"You know not everything has to be a reference to something, Freya." Harvey says as we continue down the blood red road. "I don't constantly make references!" I say defending myself. Everyone sends me a small glare. "What?" I ask.

"Jonestown, Judge Judy, Wizard of Oz...." Harvey says. I roll my eyes. "You're telling me what we aren't in the Wizard of Oz right now? We are following a colored road to a city to speak to the great and powerful. We just saw people strung up like scarecrows. What's next? The tin man? A lion?" I say defending myself. 

"I'll never be able to get that image out of my mind." Theo says sadly. "I'm sorry Theo. I'm not trying to make a joke about how we found your uncle." I apologize. Theo shrugs this off and keeps walking. I carefully step over some fallen branches and try not to trip since these shoes are just a size too big. We are currently walking through a forest in Hell. Because, you know, they have those apparently. 

"What is this?" Roz asks. "The Forest of Torment." Sabrina says with a sigh, looking around. Off in the distance there are voices screaming and crying out in pain. It's as if the trees are alive and are trying to mess with us. 

"According to Dorian, the flower of evil, there's only one, grows somewhere around here." Sabrina explains. "I can't believe I'm suggesting this. But what if Sabrina and I look on this side of the forest, Harvey, Theo, and Freya look on that side." Roz offers. Sabrina thinks this over for a second before turning to me and nodding.

"Just don't make any loud noises, okay?" Sabrina warns before grabbing Roz's hand and walking off into the woods. "Stay with me boys." I say as we turn and walk the other way. "What does this flower thing even look like?" Harvey asks. I shrug. "I'm not sure. I've never seen it before." I tell them as we keep walking. 

"Well then how are we-" "Shhhh" I saw crouching to the ground. Harvey and Theo look confused but also crouch down. "Hear that?" I ask. Theo leans forwards and nods. Somewhere nearby is someone groaning while there's a series of loud thuds. I grab onto Theo's hand and carefully crawl forward to get a better look.

"You've got to be shitting me." I whisper as we see a man made of tin about 50 feet away from of. Chopping at the trees which cry out in pain. I hear Theo gulp from beside me. "Okay. I guess you're right. I'll never doubt you ever again." Harvey says. Unfortunately, the boy does not know how to be discrete and the tin man turns in our direction.

He comes charging at us and Harvey is the first to react. He swings his axe as hard as he can, narrowly blocking the tin man's axe from hitting me and Theo. I stand up and start to chant a spell to freeze the tin man, but he rears his foot back and kicks me right in the stomach, sending me backwards where I hit my head on one of the trees.

"Freya!" Theo yells. "Go get Sabrina!" I yell back as I try to stand up and regain my strength to finish the spell. Theo runs off and I watch as Harvey and the Tin Man battle it out. I close my eyes and take a deep breath before yelling out the words to the spell. The tin man is about to strike Harvey down when he freezes, well rusts, into place. 

"Guys!" Sabrina yells as she, Roz, and Theo run up to us. I ignore her and run over to help Harvey up from his place on the ground. As I help Harvey stand up I hear the Tin Man trying to speak. He fights against his rusting mouth and manages to get a single word out.

"Harvey?" It asks. I recognize the voice and realize the sick game that's about to be played. "Tommy?" Harvey asks as he looks up at the tin man who vaguely resembles Harvey's late brother. I push against Harvey's chest, trying to get him to step away.

"What are you doing here?" Harvey cries out. "Waiting... for you... to join me." The Tin Man says. "Harvey, listen to me, that's not your brother." I warn. Harvey starts pushing against me to get closer to the tin man when we hear a gunshot go off. The Tin Man collapses revealing Sabrina standing behind him, Theo's gun in her hands. 

"I'm sorry, Harvey. But that thing wasn't your brother." She says as she hands the gun back to Theo. Harvey starts to freak out as he looks from the gun, back to the tin man, back to the gun. His breathing speeds up and I think he's about to have a full blown panic attack when Roz rushed over and attempts to calm him down. 

Eventually we get back onto his feet and back onto the blood red road. It was not easy, but Roz manages to get him back on track. Guess they really are in love. As we exit the forest the path becomes dark. It feels as if we are walking through a hallway with no lights. It's incredibly hard to see which freaks me out. There's probably demons watching us right now. 

"Um...Guys." Theo says pointing. We all look ahead to see that Theo's pointing at a door that has now appeared a few yards in front of us. Great. Now, what? I grab Sabrina's hand and we slowly make our way closer and closer to the door. There's a small plaque on it and I don't realize what it says until we are right up on it.

Baxter High.

"You're kidding." I say as I let out a sign. Sabrina reaches forward and turns the doorknob, opening the door. Inside is an old classroom that I can barely remember from my days at Baxter High. Only it's obvious that this isn't Baxter High. It's dark and covered in blood and dirt. The door slams behind us and all of us jump.

"In your seats!" The creature yells. "Principal Hawthorne?" We all ask at the same time. Damn. I thought he was scary looking when he was live. "Silence!" He yells. We all instinctively take our seats in the front row of the classroom. The desks have hands and they pin our wrists and ankles down, making sure we cannot escape.

"Miss Spellman. Miss Hale. Spellcasting is forbidden here. Nothing will work. Now, today we have a surprise guest!" Principal Hawthorne says as he opens another door. In walks an older woman I've never seen before.

"Grandma?" Roz asks. Great. Fucking great. "Child, you were the death of me, and now I'm gunna be the death of you." Roz's grandma says with an evil laugh. "What? Why?" Roz asks as she starts crying. I see Harvey fight against his restraints to try to get over to her.

"Because your daddy is a preacher, and you're in Hell, that's why." Grandma explains. "You have the gift of the cunning and you wasted it helping witches." "You know what?" Principal Hawthorne asks as Roz's grandma stops speaking. 

"I was going to ask for a volunteer to help with today's little anatomy lesson, but now I believe we'll start with Miss Walker." Principal Hawthorne says. We all protest as the two adults in the room howl with evil laughter. They start walking up to Roz with knives when the door to the classroom flies open. 

"Excuse me, your flatulences." A small man yells as he comes into the room. "The Queen requests the pleasure of the children's company." He announces. I sigh and lean back in my chair. Praise whoever we praise now. 

"But she sent for us to torture them." Hawthorne says. "It is our Queen's prerogative to change her mind." This short man says. He claps his hands and we are released from the desks. We all spring up and try to get as far away from them as possible. 

"Shall we?" He says as he opens the door for us. Sis I didn't need to be told twice, my ass bolted out of that room. I thought normal high school was hell.