Unwanted Guest

Freya's POV

"Freya, please sit down. I'm sure it's worked by now." Sabrina says "But what if it hasn't?" I ask as I continue to pace around the kitchen. Aunt Hilda, Sabrina, and I stayed up late last night working on our plan. The house smelled absolutely delicious. By now, the chicken that we made should be presented to Prudence. Aunt Hilda made sure that she used her best convincing charm.

The goal was to try to get the weird sisters to taunt Ambrose by throwing him the bones of the chicken that was allegedly made for him as a sort of last meal. Hopefully Ambrose puts it together in his head and uses the bones to make a skeleton key for the stupid keyhole. 

"Ambrose is smart. He'll figure it out." Sabrina says trying to get me to drink my tea. I sigh and sit down at the table. "I hope so. If not, I'll go down there and kill him myself." I half joke as I take a sip of my tea which has turned cold. Sabrina is about to say something when the doorbell rings. She groans and goes to answer the door like the kind soul she is. 

A few seconds later she and a well dressed young man come strolling into the kitchen. "I didn't know we were expecting company." I say as I stand up and wipe my hands onto my jeans.

" I say as I stand up and wipe my hands onto my jeans

"Oh he just asked for a glass of water. That's all." Sabrina says as she grabs a cup from the cabinet. "I'm Freya." I introduce as I hold out my hand for him to shake. He looks at my hand for a second before shaking it gently, as if he didn't even want to touch me. 

"I'm Jerathmiel. A local missionary for my church." He says. "Lovely." I say under my breath. Just what I wanted someone here to lecture me about religion. As if I wasn't having my own religious issues right now. The phone starts ringing in the other room and Sabrina excuses herself to go answer it. She hands off the glass to me and I start to fill it in the sink for the guy.

"Do you get many convert? Going door to door?" I ask. He chuckles. "You'd be surprised." He says as he watches Sabrina leave the room. "The word of the Almighty can hold a lot of appeal to people." He says as he places his bag down on the counter behind me. I turn to give him the cup and he straightens up.

"Could I bother you for some ice?" He asks. I give him a weird look but walk to the freezer anyway. Kind of demanding for a guest. I turn to look over my shoulder to ask him how much ice he wants when I notice that he is slowly coming up behind me. My heart drops and I think I realize what is about to happen. 

"Freya! Run!" Sabrina shouts as she runs into the kitchen. I turn around and smash the glass in my hand into the side of his head, causing him to drop a large knife. When he bends down to pick it up I kick as hard as I can into his side which causes him to double over in pain. Kai sprints into the room and starts tearing this man's face to shreds. 

"We need to leave! Now!" Sabrina screams. I scoop up Kai in my arms and run to the front of the house where Sabrina and Salem are waiting. "Get back here!" Jerathmiel calls from inside the house. I see him run through the front hall and towards the door. I grab Sabrina's hand and before I can get to it, Sabrina has already spirited us away. 

When I open my eyes I see that Sabrina sent us to Dr.C's. "Aunt Hilda!" Sabrina screams as she runs into the store. I put Kai on the ground and run in after her. When I enter the store I gasp at the sight. Tables are knocked over. Books are ripped to shreds. The decor is hanging on by a thread. Kai perches himself on on of the ripped up booths and lets out a sad squeal.

"There you are girls!" Aunt Hilda cries as she runs out from behind the counter. She grabs both of us and pulls us in for a tight hug. "Are you okay?" I ask. She huffs. "Yeah. Absolutely fine. Just cleaning up some spilled milk." She says. I give her a look as if to call her out on her obvious lies. 

"Okay. We had a surprised visit from a witch hunter would you believe?" Aunt Hilda admits. "Oh, we can. Did you kill him?" I ask. "Uh, her. And nope. Oh, but we did chase her out of the store." Aunt Hilda says. "A witch hunter attacked us too. A male. Which means that there are two of them." Sabrina says. 

"Three." Nick says as he throws open the door to the store. "Well, there were three. They call themselves the innocents." Nick explains. Sabrina runs over to him and gives him a hug. Must be fucking nice. Okay. Not now Freya. You have plenty of time to be bitter later.

"The one who stormed Dorian's is now trapped in one of his paintings." Nick explains. "What do they want? Do you know?" Sabrina asks pulling away from him. "To kill of the witches in Greendale apparently." I groan as I scratch behind Kai's ears. My little protector. 

"According to the hunter we subdued, their plan was to start with the outliers. Us, Hilda, and the crew at Dorians. And converge at the Academy." Nick explains. "Wait what?" I ask. That's where my friends are. That's where Ambrose is. That's where Ambrose might be escaping at this very moment. 

"They'll be sitting ducks! We have to warn them!" Sabrina says. "We're expelled. We can't get in. Not without a hand of glory or something." Nick says. "Correction." I say standing. "Only SOME of us are expelled." I say with a smirk. 

"Freya can get us in. Now let's go. We haven't a moment to spare." Aunt Hilda says as she pushes us out the door. We all take off running towards the woods. 

Don't worry Ambrose. I'm coming to get you.