Harrowing

Freya

The academy is huge and almost impossible to navigate. Thank Satan that no one was awake to see me running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Does this building never fucking end? Finally, a couple of voices catch my attention when I enter the halls of a dungeon looking place.

"You're in the witches cell. Where the Greendale 13 were held." I hear Prudence say. I was about to walk around the corner when I heard Sabrina. "What is this?" Sabrina asks. I press myself against the wall so that none of them can see me. "This is the Harrowing. It's a witch tradition. You have to be able to endure what those earliest Greendale witches did. 13 made it to the noose, but many more perished in here." Prudence explains. 

What the heaven!? Were the weird sisters, who I called friends, really about to torture my best friend? I try to keep still but I accidentally kick a pebble. I hold my breath as Prudence tells her sisters to look for whatever made the noise. Dorcas comes around the corner. I know she sees me. Only, she looks right around me and heads back to Prudence. She tells her that she couldn't find anyone. 

"No sunlight. No food. No water. Wallowing in their own filth, most witches went mad and cut their own throats. They haunt this place still. They'll show you terrible things in the dark. Things that will make you go insane. But you're a Spellman, a daughter of a high priest, you're not scared of the dark. You can take it. Unless, of course, you lose your head." Prudence says with a wicked smile. I hear the door slam and the laughter of the weird sisters as they make their way back to bed. A give it two minutes before running over to the door. 

"Sabrina!" I yell hoping she can hear me. "Freya? Is that you? Praise Satan! Let me out!" Sabrina pleads from the other side. I pull at the handle of the door and claw at the lock. "Sabrina, I can't! I think they enchanted it!" I say. I can hear her slump against the door. "Freya I think there's something in here with me." "I can go get-" "It doesn't matter who you get. Only the weird sisters can open it." Sabrina says sadly. I sigh and slide down the door so that we would be sitting back to back if the door wasn't there. "Fine. Then I'm staying. I can't leave you alone down here." 

"Freya, please, go back to bed." "I'm not going anywhere Brina. I promise."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Freya

When the weird sisters show up the next morning, I'm still sitting against the door. I had stayed with Sabrina the whole night. Helping her fight the voices and calm her nerves. I couldn't imagine what was going on in there, but it must have been bad because Salem showed up to protect Sabrina. 

"Freya. What a nice surprise." Prudence says. I just scowl at her. "Open the damn door." I hiss. Prudence looks a little shocked at my tone but does so anyway. Sabrina and Salem come strolling out as if last night was no big deal. "Oh, it wasn't so bad in the end." Sabrina explains. "This is Salem, by the way, he protects and comforts me wherever I am. He's very clever. Bye girls." She says before marching down the hall. 

"Freya-" Agatha starts. "Fuck off." I tell her jogging after Sabrina to keep up. Sabrina is speed walking so it's hard to keep up with her. Now that we are away from the sisters, her confident facade melts away and I can see that the lack of sleep is hurting her. "Where are you going?" I whisper yell. "I need to talk to Harvey."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Freya

I'm currently sitting on my bed trying to study. Most of the people in my classes had been practicing magic their whole lives. I was just some newbie that has a hard time saying Latin correctly. Sabrina comes in from taking her shower when she notices something.

"Salem? Has anyone seen..." Sabrina starts. She looks over to the weird sisters who are guarding a trunk at the end of Prudence's bed. "Give them back." Sabrina says marching over to the weird sisters. Oh great here we go again. "Whatever do you mean?" Prudence asks with an innocent smile. I sit up and book down my book, knowing that I'm going to have to run interference in a minute. "My cat. Who was sitting on my pajamas." Sabrina accuses.

"Give them back to me!" Sabrina yells pushing Prudence who instantly starts shoving back. The rest of the witches in the room start chanting "Fight!" but I don't pay attention to them. I push off of my bed and try to get myself between the two witches. "Cut the shit!" I yell trying to push them back. 

"Miss Spellman!" Father Blackwood calls from the hall. Everyone instantly scatters across the room. Blackwood steps in and holds up a cat carrier, probably holding Salem. "Get dressed at once, and then to my office." He huffs, walking out of the room. Sabrina throws open the lid to her trunk, grabs some clothes, and then storms out of the room while the weird sisters giggle. 

"What the heaven is wrong with you guys?" I ask once Sabrina leaves. "Oh Freya, we are just having some fun." Prudence says sitting on my bed. I roll my eyes and sit on my trunk. "You guys are being horrible. Sabrina is my best friend. And I thought you girls were becoming my friends. But if you keep treating Sabrina like shit, then I'm done hanging out with you." I tell them. "Oh come on-" Agatha starts. "Why are you harrowing her?" I ask. The three just look at me. "I know that you plan on torturing her. But know this, whatever you do to her. You do to me. I will not let her go through with this alone." I hiss.

"Are you volunteering yourself to be harrowed?" Prudence asks raising an eyebrow. I nod. "Freya you don't know what you're asking." Dorcas starts. "No. She knows perfectly well what she is doing. If that's what she wants.... then fine." Prudence says rising from my bed.