New Normal

Freya

Let's just say that when I wake up the next morning... I'm in the best mood I've ever been in. I open my eyes and realize that I fell asleep with my head on Ambrose's chest. I smile and kiss his chest before sitting up and stretching. That's when I notice that the sheets are still a little wet from the night before. I quietly giggle at the thought.

"And what has you all excited? Still thinking about me?" Ambrose asks as he stretches. "You wish. And no. I'm just thinking about how I told you so. Look at your sheets." I say with a smile. He shrugs. "Totally worth it." He says as he leans over and kisses my bare shoulder. I smile and pull his face to mine before sharing a sweet kiss.

"Come on. We have a lot of unpacking to do." I say as I go to stand up. I stand up and wobble a little before reaching for one of Ambrose's t-shirts to cover up. "Whoa. Careful. Think you'll be able to walk to the bathroom alright?" He asks cheekily. I roll my eyes and flip him off. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little sore. But I'd be damned if I let him know that. I make my way into the bathroom and drain the tub since we never got around to doing that last night. I brush teeth and hair before walking back into Ambrose's room. 

"I'd help you go through these boxes to find clothes to wear but I think I prefer you like this." Ambrose says gesturing to me. "Oh shut up." I tease. I go to the nearest box and shuffle though it to find some clothes for the day. I grab a simple dress and throw it on.

 I grab a simple dress and throw it on

"Come on. Let's go get something to eat." Ambrose says as he walks toward the door in nothing but sweats. I clear my throat. "Uh Yeah. It might not be a good idea to go down there shirtless." I tell him. He looks over his shoulder at me and raises and eyebrow.

"And why's that?" He asks. I grin before grabbing a shirt and throwing it at him. He catches it easily. "I don't think that your family would appreciate seeing my markings on you." I say with a small laugh. He turns his head so he can see his back in the mirror. He smiles at the little red lines up and down his back before putting the shirt on.

By the time we got downstairs for breakfast, everyone was already eating. Sabrina had her nose stuck in a book, Aunt Hilda was brewing more tea, and Aunt Zelda held a bottle to feed the baby. Ah yes. The baby. I had almost forgotten that our dear Auntie Z stole a baby. We sit down at the table and begin digging in to the feast laid in front of us.

"How did you sleep last night dearies?" Aunt Hilda asks us as she comes to pour us some tea. I almost choke on the piece of toast. She didn't know did she. Ambrose rubs my back and quickly covers for me. "Sure did. We were so tired after all that physical activity that we just knocked out." He says.

"Those boxes were pretty heavy." Aunt Hilda says with a smile. I internally sigh in relief. I glare at Ambrose. I mean... he didn't entirely lie. "How lucky you must be. Leticia woke up many times last night. I hope you two have finished unpacking. You're staying up all night to do so kept waking her." Aunt Zelda says with a yawn. Note to self: don't let anyone go upstairs and see that nothing is unpacked.

"So what does everyone have planned for today?" Aunt Hilda asks as she changes the subject. "I think I'm going to swing by Roz and Susie's. Make sure that they are okay." Sabrina says looking up from her book. "How wonderful." Aunt Hilda says cheery as ever. 

"I'll have to go visit Father Blackwood. Check on his son." Aunt Zelda says rising from the table. "I'll prepare Leticia's bottles for the day. Hilda will have to look after her." Aunt Zelda says as she rocks the baby, who is apparently names Leticia. 

"Oh actually, I was going to head on down to the bookstore to visit Dr. C." Aunt Hilda says with a smile. Don't think I forgot about seeing that kiss. I totally ship it. "Fine." Aunt Zelda says walking around the table. "I guess responsibility falls to you two." Aunt Zelda says as she holds out Leticia to me. 

"Whoa. I'm not qualified to take care of a baby." I say. "Especially a stolen one." Ambrose adds under his breath. "Nonsense. Take the child Freya. I'll only be gone for a couple of hours. Leticia will most likely sleep through those few hours. Hopefully." Aunt Zelda says holding out Leticia once again. I stand up and take the baby into my arms.

"I remember when Winter was this small." I say as I smile down at the baby. "See? You already know what to do." Aunt Zelda says, pleased. I go to protest again but Aunt Zelda cuts me off. "Now. I'll prepare a few bottles then I'll be off. Do call if anything is wrong. If anything happens she is a long lost Spellman come into our care. Got it?" Zelda asks. I nod as she exits the room.

"Well. Have fun with that one Frey." Sabrina says standing from the table. "Send my love to the girls!" I call after her as she exits. Of course my outburst causes Leticia to cry which makes me rock and coo at her to try to settle down. This is about to be a long day.

------------------------------------------------------------

Freya

"Here you do love." Ambrose says as he brings me another glass of water. He sets it down on the coffee table and joins me on the couch to continue watching TV. Leticia is passed out in my arms. Aunt Zelda was right. The baby had slept through most of the day.

"You know after last night I didn't expect you to have a baby in your arms the next day." Ambrose jokes. I roll my eyes at him and cuddle into his side. "Oh shut up. I don't plan on having kids for a long long long time." I say with a smile. Ambrose chuckles next to me. 

"Hey I need you to take the baby." I say as I sit back up after a few minutes. Ambrose looks at me with wide eyes. "Why?" He asks. I laugh. "Ambrose I gotta pee. I don't plan on bringing a sleeping baby with me." I tell him. He shakes his head.

"Well then you better hold it because I'm not holding it." He says. "Ambrose, really? It's just a baby. Plus she's asleep. I'll take her back as soon as I'm back." I tell him as I stand. "Freya I can't. I've never held a baby before. I don't know what I'm supposed to do." He admits. 

"Hold your arms out like this." I say with a smile. Ambrose gulps before holding out his arms. I slowly bend down and put baby Leticia in his arms. He remains still and just holds her away form his body awkwardly. I laugh.

"She's not going to break. You can holder her closer than that." I tell him. He sighs before pulling Leticia to his chest. Still being careful, but no longer treating her like glass. I kiss his forehead for leaving the room to take care of business. When I return a minute later... I'm met with the most adorable sight I've ever seen. 

"You know, you're basically a Spellman now. Don't worry. I know Aunt Zelda can be a little rough but she means well. Aunt Hilda will always be there to take care of you. Sabrina can be a bit of a rebel and a bad influence, but I think she'll be a good role model. I'll fight away all the boys when you get older. And Freya will give you some of the best advice of your life." He tells Leticia. She's awake now and she reaches up and plays with his face.

I swear to Satan that I could have melted right there. It was really cute to see him at ease with Leticia. I'm no where near ready for kids, but at least if anything were to ever happen, I won't be worried about Ambrose. He's a natural. 

That is... until the baby starts screaming.

"FREYA! I need help! I think I messed up! Freya this isn't funny! Stop laughing and help me!"