Polygamy Is Wild Man

Freya

"Do you realize how close you came to being sacraficed?" Aunt Zelda scolds once we get back to the house. We are all sitting at the table in our normal spots. I internally groan and place my head on the table. Here we go again. Another fight between Aunt Zelda and Sabrina.

"I didn't think you would let me go through with the drawing!" Sabrina yells back. "Oh, so it's my fault that you decided to play a game of chicken with my in front of the whole coven?" Zelda argues back. "Right, well, what's done is done." Aunt Hilda says. "Let's just praise Satan. He decided to spare you both." She says. 

"Not entirely. Sabrina drew the lot of handmaiden." Aunt Zelda explains. Wait what? Was that why there was red smoke? "Better to be the shepherd than the lamb." Ambrose says beside me. "Which means what, exactly? No on has yet to tell me." Sabrina says with a roll of her eyes. "The lamb it the queen and the shepherd is the handmaiden." Ambrose explains. "The Queen's exaltation is the highest honor, so for the next three days while the coven fasts, the handmaiden must indulge the queen's every whim." Aunt Zelda explains.

"Great. So I'm supposed to spoil the girl that harrowed me." Sabrina says sarcastically. I lift my head and laugh at her. "Preferably with figs and wild berries to sweeten her meat before the feast." Ambrose jokes. I smack his chest. "Stop. That's disgusting." I tell him. He smirks at me. The doorbell rings and Ambrose gets up to get it. Sabrina and I make our way into the hall to go get ready for bed when we realize who it is.

"Why hello there." Prudence says waltzing into the room, eyes glued to Ambrose. "Who might you be?" Ambrose asks taking a step back. "I'm Queen of the feast." She says flirtatiously. Not going to lie, it makes my blood boil a bit. "Prudence, welcome." I say getting her attention away from Ambrose. 

"Freya. Handmaiden." She says dropping her bags at the base of the stairs. "I assume my room's upstairs?" She asks climbing the stairs. "I'm dying for a warm buttermilk bath and a plate of macaroons." She calls over her shoulder. I laugh as Sabrina watched her with an glare that could kill Prudence. "Good luck with that one." I tell her before going up the stairs to my room.

----------------------------------------------------

Freya

I'm sitting on my bed reading on of Ambrose's books when a knock wraps on my door. I get up to open it, expecting to see Ambrose. We've been sharing a bed ever since the Batibat. It's the only way we can sleep since that night. My smile falters for a second when I see Sabrina with a pillow in her hand. 

"Expecting someone else?" She says with a laugh. I roll my eyes and let her into my room. Kai leaves his spot on the floor to go say hi to her. He loves her almost as much as I do. "Need a place to sleep?" I ask knowing Prudence is probably in her bed. She nods and throws her pillow onto my bed. "Hope Ambrose doesn't mind that I'm taking his cuddle buddy for the night." She says sitting on the edge of my bed.

"And what ever are you talking about?" I ask closing my door with a smile. "Oh please, we all know that you two have been spending every night together. Even the Aunties have noticed." She says with a giggle. I just blush. "Oh stop it Frey. We all know that you two were basically meant for each other. It's just a matter of you two acknowledging it." Sabrina says laughing. 

We spend the next hour just talking when we hear a crash from above us. The only room above us in Ambrose's room. Sabrina and I give each other a questioning look before going to investigate. The closer we get to Ambrose's room the louder the music gets. Eventually we get to the door and I push it open. I'm greeted by not such a pleasant sight. 

There, in the middle of Ambrose's room, is a massive orgy of witches and warlocks. I recognize them all. Prudence, Dorcas, Agatha, Nick, a boy names Luke who is in some of my classes, and Ambrose fucking Spellman. I know witches are normally polygamous but my heart just shatters. I wasn't ready, and would never be ready to share. 

"Nick?" Sabrina asks. Everyone stops and looks to the doorframe where we are standing. Ambrose's eyes widen a little and he sits up. Only Prudence pulls him back down to her level. This makes my blood boil. "What are you doing here?" Sabrina cries out. 

"I invited them handmaiden. And no one can deny a queen on the days leading up to her sacrifice." Prudence says with a smirk. "Join us Freya." The Weird Sisters ask. Ambrose looks at me with hopeful eyes but I'm too disgusted. "Sabrina?" Nick asks holding out his hand to her. 

"I- uh." You're killing the mood handmaiden. Either get in or get out." Prudence complains. Sabrina stands there frozen in shock. They look to us for a response. I grab the door knob and slam it shut, taking Sabrina by the arm and dragging her down the stairs with me. I can't tell if I'm about to scream. Or cry. Or both.

----------------------------------------------------------

Freya

I didn't sleep at all that night. I woke up early the next morning and got dressed quietly so that I wouldn't wake Sabrina. 

I'm the first to wake up so I brew some tea and grab the morning paper from the front steps

I'm the first to wake up so I brew some tea and grab the morning paper from the front steps. Seeing that it's a beautiful day, I take my tea out to the swing seat on the porch on the backside of the house. It overlooks the woods and it just so calming this early in the morning. I tuck my legs under myself and sit in silence.

"Penny dreadful for your thoughts?" That stupid accent says. I don't look at him. "Shouldn't you be upstairs with the rest of your orgy party?" I ask coldly. He chuckles and comes over to sit next to me. But when he does, I stand up and lean against the railing, not wanting to be next to him. 

"Freya, what's wrong?" He asks sighing. I shrug my shoulders and take a sip of tea, not looking at him. He groans. "Is this about last night? You know a witch or warlock can't deny a Queen-" "I know Ambrose. I know." I say cutting him off. I'm about to leave but he quickly stands and cuts off my path.

"Talk to me." He demands softly. I stare at the ground for a moment before looking up at him. "I thought we had something Ambrose." I say quietly. He takes my hand in his. "We do Freya. Like nothing I've ever had before." He tells me. I look him in the eyes and try not to cry. "Then why go through with it last night?" I ask. 

"Frey, like I said, you can't deny a Queen. Besides, most witches practice polygamy-" "Yeah well I'm not like most witches." I say pulling my hand out of his. "Freya. Please." He says. "What Ambrose? What are you asking? Huh?" I ask. He doesn't anything. "I'm not asking you to give up your life style, Ambrose. Just know that I can't live my life like that." I say pushing past him.

He doesn't stop me this time.